Gypsy Fighters

wasnt tony simson a traveller

sibson ? no he was`nt

But he still had an impressive 55-7-1 record! Beaten twice by the mighty Marvin Hagler

think he only fought hagler once .... probly the best british fighter never to win a world title ...

Sweeping statement I would put Jim Driscoll Owen Moran, Jock McAvoy,Joe Bowker, Len Harvey,Kevin Finnegan, Errol Graham,and Alan Rudkin above Sibbo , who I saw many times at Wembley and the R.A.H

i`ll give you a few of them --- ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason most of these Gypsy boys cant make it in the pro game of boxing is they are brought up with the complete wrong mentality !........It seems to be ingrained in their culture to be " up for it

Its easier & faster ''Fleecing old pensioners'' .............that's why.

Big difference between queensberry rules and bare knuckle fighting

sibson ? no he was`nt

But he still had an impressive 55-7-1 record! Beaten twice by the mighty Marvin Hagler
think he only fought hagler once .... probly the best british fighter never to win a world title ...

What about herol bomber graham

sibson ? no he was`nt

Sweeping statement I would put Jim Driscoll Owen Moran, Jock McAvoy,Joe Bowker, Len Harvey,Kevin Finnegan, Errol Graham,and Alan Rudkin above Sibbo , who I saw many times at Wembley and the R.A.H

Finnegan boxed Sibbo's ears off at the R.A.H for the British title , that was 24 years ago ,[ makes me feel old because I was there ]. Then there's Colin Jones, Kirkland Laing etc

@inan. Mate many boxers have got criminal pasts not just travellers lol ! Martin haggler , chris Pyatt the list could go on and for a lot more serious than dumping rubbish !

I'm aware of that. I was responding to the poster who called another a wanker for suggesting that travellers cheat pensioners out of money.

The link I posted states that Johnny Frankham got 2 years prison for conning an old lady out of several thousands of pounds for roof repairs.So the poster was right on at least that occasion.

I'm not into name calling or pointing fingers, but I think you will agree his crime was a little more serious that illegal fly tipping.

I didn't even know Frankham had been convicted of that, I googled his record and some info and it came up. End of.

Dont wont to tern this thread into a slanging match!!! but every time a gypsy is mentioned some wanker comes out of the woodwork with some way to slag them off :yes:

Jimmy saville was a dirty peadofile and also a gorga are all you gorga's peado's :whistling:

You don't want to turn it into a slanging match? You're doing ok so far :yes:

Peados ? Are they similar to speedos?

N.B. Saville was descended from Irish Tinker stock. " Ow's about that then, gorgers and girls"! :toast:

• Like 1

i remember boxing with francis barrett (i think he took bronze in the olympics??) away years ago on an irish vs american show in Philli... they done a tv documentary on him training in his gypsy camp and how he was brought up etc... i heard he turned professional after that but i never heard of him since...

sibson ? no he was`nt

Finnegan boxed Sibbo's ears off at the R.A.H for the British title , that was 24 years ago ,[ makes me feel old because I was there ]. Then there's Colin Jones, Kirkland Laing etc

Ryan Rhodes,Jason Booth, the Fen Tiger himself Dave "Boy" Green (he really fought some big names!) and even Our 'Enry never managed the honour

remember boxing with francis barrett (i think he took bronze in the olympics??) away years ago on an irish vs american show in Philli... they done a tv documentary on him training in his gypsy camp and how he was brought up etc... i heard he turned professional after that but i never heard of him since...

His last fight was in 2005 at light middle

These are his last fights.

2005-06-12
147¼
Ivor Bonavic
2-7-2
Equinox Nightclub, Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom
L
TKO
4x3
time: 2:38 | referee: Robert Williams
Stopped due to a cut caused by a headbutt which required eight stitches.

2005-02-19
143¼
Oscar Milkitas
146¼
4-1-0
National Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
W
PTS
referee: Sean Russell 59-562004-11-12
139¾
Alan Bosworth
17-13-2
Conference Centre, Wembley, London, United Kingdom
W
UD
10x3
referee: Richard James Davies 96-95 | judge: Larry O'Connell 96-93 | judge: Paul Thomas 97-93
EBU-EU (European Union) light welterweight title (supervisor:

Robert Smith)004-06-02
138¾
Gavin Down
139½
28-3-0
Ice Arena, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
W
UD
10x3
referee: Mark Green 97-94 | judge: Terry O'Connor 97-94 | judge: John Keane 97-94
EBU-EU (European Union) light welterweight title (supervisor: Simon Block)2003-12-11
Oscar Hall
140½
23-1-1
York Hall, Bethnal Green, London, United Kingdom
W
PTS
10x3
referee: Lee Cook 97-95

2003-10-04
David Kirk
157½
10-47-3
Alexandra Palace, Wood Green, London, United Kingdom
W
PTS
6x3

referee: Billy Aird 60-54

2003-05-27
Silence Saheed
141¾
1-0-1

Goresbrook Leisure Centre, Dagenham, Essex, United Kingdom
L
TKO
4x3
time: 2:55 | referee: Marcus McDonnell
Barrett stopped on a cut eye.

2003-03-05
138½
Jon Honney
138¾
5-7-0

W
PTS
10x3

referee: Marcus McDonnell 97-95
BBBofC Southern Area light welterweight title

2002-12-21
Keith Jones
147½
9-67-6

Goresbrook Leisure Centre, Dagenham, Essex, United Kingdom
W
PTS
6x3
60-54

2002-10-25
Darren Covill
8-30-1

W
PTS
4x3
referee: Dave Parris 40-362002-05-25
David Kirk
9-41-3

Mountbatten Centre, Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
W
PTS
6x3

referee: Seamus Dunne 60-54

2002-01-19
Dafydd Carlin
145¾
2-3-0

W
PTS
4x3
referee: Lee Cook 40-37

2001-09-22
Gary Reid
5-6-0

W
PTS
4x3

referee: Richard James Davies 40-37

Edited by inan
  • Like 1

sibson ? no he was`nt

so was i :laugh:

sibson ? no he was`nt

would`nt fight sibbo ---leics v nottm would of filled a stadium sibbo calls herol the limbo dancer .. differant styles would of been intersting fight ..

sibson ? no he was`nt

would`nt fight sibbo ---leics v nottm would of filled a stadium sibbo calls herol the limbo dancer .. differant styles would of been intersting fight ..

Too right mate !! Herol still looks well and fought an exhibition bout last November. A mate of mine sparred informally with him years ago - said it was like "trying to hit a ghost". Tremendous skills !!

@inan. Mate many boxers have got criminal pasts not just travellers lol ! Martin haggler , chris Pyatt the list could go on and for a lot more serious than dumping rubbish !

I'm aware of that. I was responding to the poster who called another a wanker for suggesting that travellers cheat pensioners out of money.

The link I posted states that Johnny Frankham got 2 years prison for conning an old lady out of several thousands of pounds for roof repairs.So the poster was right on at least that occasion.

I'm not into name calling or pointing fingers, but I think you will agree his crime was a little more serious that illegal fly tipping.

I didn't even know Frankham had been convicted of that, I googled his record and some info and it came up. End of.

Dont wont to tern this thread into a slanging match!!! but every time a gypsy is mentioned some wanker comes out of the woodwork with some way to slag them off :yes:

Jimmy saville was a dirty peadofile and also a gorga are all you gorga's peado's :whistling:

You don't want to turn it into a slanging match? You're doing ok so far :yes:

Peados ? Are they similar to speedos?

N.B. Saville was descended from Irish Tinker stock. " Ow's about that then, gorgers and girls"! :toast:

Well that some's it up then there is more gypsy in my big toe than an irish tinker :yes:

• Like 1