Collie Lurcher As An Allround Working Dog.

Collie greyhounds,,, there ok for up Scotland,, but no good down here in England,,, couldn't catch a carrot

Tomo, with tongue in cheek, you only breed a dog for the ground you run, a wee bit of collie a bit of saluki, but you need a dog that has the gears to get up to his quarry, and do his job, ((( what ever may be in the mix, and you have to be able to control, the dog, we only have cabbage patches up here, a Fen dog would be lost, on the cabbage patch, especially the ones I saw on some of the videos this year, in a nutshell, breed a dog that is suitable for the type of Land that you are going to run most frequently,
  • Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A picture paints a 1000 words TOMO   This collie cross smashes the full spectrum of edible quarry in England, carrots with 100yrd slips, marks and catches Maris Pipers, turnips and even a fecking 3

Collie greyhounds,,, there ok for up Scotland,, but no good down here in England,,, couldn't catch a carrot

u feckers are 2 easie bird hooked straight away

Posted Images

Tomo, with tongue in cheek, you only breed a dog for the ground you run, a wee bit of collie a bit of saluki, but you need a dog that has the gears to get up to his quarry, and do his job, ((( what ever may be in the mix, and you have to be able to control, the dog, we only have cabbage patches up here, a Fen dog would be lost, on the cabbage patch, especially the ones I saw on some of the videos this year, in a nutshell, breed a dog that is suitable for the type of Land that you are going to run most frequently,

Spot on Border Lad - some of the fields I run are no bigger than 5 acres, surrounded by 1.4m high stone walls with double barbed scare wires on top...horses for courses/lurchers for land type... :thumbs:

Iam shure if you ask about a dog called patch the robber beat alote of very good dogs he was a very well nown daytime hare dog killing 5s as they say simply the best lol d Clark owned misty a colliexgrey and I garentee it could kill daytime hares my bitch well I better not comment lol Imt old Conni of jim mcvey killed regular 3 and 4s daytime we call them simply the best I have one just now that's na bad and faster than most lol youse guys crack me up lol atb

what i would say out of coincidence , looked at is site ,the welps for sale . ANYone with any knowledge of dogs in general take one look at those for sale it is there to see look at there body language there eyes there general demeanour ill say no more . ps there was one lttle black bitch with a sparkle in her eye . atb bunnys

• Like 1