Sea Fishing Kiyak

after watching sea fishing kiyaks on utube i went and got myself an oceon kiyak trident 13. i havent been out on it yet as im getting all my saftey gear before i do. do any of you folkes use them?. any advice would be greatfully recieved. i have had a lot of experiance white water canoing, but havent been on the sea.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use one for breath hold diving and spearfishing as well as a bit of angling. The model is "Scupper pro" by ocean kayak. I rigged it myself with sounder, anchor etc. My advice is to buy admiralty ch

Actually, I have been writig the kayak fishing features in all the magazines (except Sea Angler - whose editor said in his editorial, that kayak fishing ould appear in his pages over his dead body and

I am a qualified kayak fishing coach (instructor) an drun courses up and down the country - and Scotland and Wales - and Italy even!   A few ictures of som eof the training and coaching I have done

For all the information you need go to www.anglersafloat.com and join up. They have lots of meets all over the country as well as running safety days inconjunction with the RNLI. Also give details of your nearest intended coast and you may well get someone local to give come out (also best to go in pairs at least for safety although with your whitewater experience you will now the limits).

Chris

Hi Mate, Firstly I dont kayak, But I do see plenty people going out in the right weater conditions,

Also if you get in touch with your local RNLI and arrange a advice on board training, It's FREE and they even come to you to do it!! YOU will learn more about the safety of your craft,

I had mine done last saturday and I still got advice even when i thought i knew every think about small boats safety ha ha, If I was you its a good place too start, Plus you will receive the infomation to go forward mine's below

Regards, Ian.

Edited by nelson1
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you tried that on the welsh west coast yet?,i had a canadian canoe when i lived there and caught plenty of fish out in it.Mind you a mile out and you feel a little vunerable with only a home made coke bottle life jacket for comfort :laugh:.

I was wanting to get one, then i saw a video on youtube of a fella being stalked by a great white while far out to sea while in his kayak....it was in Australia mind but still, knowing my luck i'd go down in history as the only person ever to get mauled by a great white in British waters :laugh: