Jagdterrier-Friend, Partner In Hunting And Favourite Of Family.

I think I will type the first thing that comes into my head what a prat

Like I admitted it wasnt a first intelligent comment ,but watching the videos content thats what I first thought of, its shite, trading insults is not really my style

but I will make an exception in your case General Cu*t.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already about two years hunt with this breed and participate in competitions but it interestingly to know about bringing up and practice with terriers from the owners of other breeds and jagdterrier l

Dear dogs owners   The choice of dog for me was not easy, but I do not spare. Wonderful hunt as under earth so on a surface and in water. Jahdterrier will not disappoint, but requires from you much

Our team

Posted Images

Now i believe i am acquainted with jimmyg, and we dont exactly see eye to eye. but i totally concur with him on this. a dog yapping away on a confined animal does not constitute sport in my eyes. and while i'll admit to having no "wild" boar hunting experience, i am far from green in terriers and strong dogs...

Yokel.

• Like 2

Training in a controlled environment gives a greater chance of success. Have you never hole ended a terrier? Or dropped quarry in an earth you know to be more suitable for a young dog? Or does the fact that the earth is not within a fence make it ok in your eyes?

What do you think of rabbit pens used to train gun dogs?

FFS mate youve been mixing with the wrong sort .If a terrier wont do it fair and square in the field given the opportunity then it aint going to .If the jagd needs this type of entering then best stay away mate . Taking an adolescent to a fresh hole and seeing what occurs is the only entering i do .

• Like 2

Training in a controlled environment gives a greater chance of success. Have you never hole ended a terrier? Or dropped quarry in an earth you know to be more suitable for a young dog? Or does the fact that the earth is not within a fence make it ok in your eyes?

What do you think of rabbit pens used to train gun dogs?

FFS mate youve been mixing with the wrong sort .If a terrier wont do it fair and square in the field given the opportunity then it aint going to .If the jagd needs this type of entering then best stay away mate . Taking an adolescent to a fresh hole and seeing what occurs is the only entering i do .

That wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular mate, more of a general, rhetorical question. I've never done any of these things myself, as it would require having a dog which could be dug to in the first place, something I am sadly lacking at this time. But I have heard of people on THL talk of them.

On the continent, I entered my dogs to boar by taking them into the field and seeing what they did. The first day was very disappointing as the terriers were unsure what was making all the sound in the cover. They were unwilling to move forward and stuck close to me.

The second day, all 3 dogs made contact with a young pig of 5 or 6 months. A couple of them latched onto its face. I was lucky that this pig had no tusks, or I would have been burying all 3 dogs that day. In this respect I can see the use in introducing a dog to pigs in a controlled environment. The dogs can be taught discretion and to harry at the pig, rather than try and 'lug up' or stop it. The role of these dogs in a boar hunt is similar to that of spaniels in the beating line, although pigs take a bit more flushing than pheasants...

• Like 1

2 weeks after injury. This time is more carefully, but the desire is not lost!

This is not an advertising for Jagds! I just share with what I (we) have got and what we like. 100% sure that other breeds can do the same or even better!

One more work of Jagds (couple)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXLUxWJMnSA

a lab could do that job...

This is not an advertising for Jagds! I just share with what I (we) have got and what we like. 100% sure that other breeds can do the same or even better!

check the third youtube video in this webiste link

http://www.patterdale.es/

check the third youtube video in this webiste link

http://www.patterdale.es/

a bit more game lol

Anyone here seen, One man and his dog?

Confined animals being baited by a dog and sometimes dogs! Shocking. It's even on the BBC

A pig sitting in mud while a small dog barks at him isn't something I'd worry about.

But like you guys and the Anti's would say, it's baiting and should be banned? a bit like they say about digging? Could the THL organise a petition?

50 people dead in the Ukraine but feck it what about a pig being barked at?

• Like 8

Confined animals being baited by a dog and sometimes dogs! Shocking. It's even on the BBC

A pig sitting in mud while a small dog barks at him isn't something I'd worry about.

But like you guys and the Anti's would say, it's baiting and should be banned? a bit like they say about digging? Could the THL organise a petition?

tis a different one man and his dog to the one i used to watch, phil drabble presented it, then that little hobbit looking fellow, robin someone or other? it used to be a wide open field full of sheep, then one man and his collie dog would round them into pens...i belive it was to show the training skills of the man and the control of his dog.maybe changed over the yrs?

i shall never worry about a pig sitting in the mud whilst a cur dog barks at it, but to me it is absolutely pointless, proves nothing. if that is a test for a terrier, then i'd say most of the mutts in the land would pass with flying colours. each to his own i suppose, every cripple has his way of walking, personally i like to see a dog mature and get tested in the field on its chosen quarry...A.T.B....

Yokel

• Like 2

tis a different one man and his dog to the one i used to watch, phil drabble presented it, then that little hobbit looking fellow, robin someone or other? it used to be a wide open field full of sheep, then one man and his collie dog would round them into pens...i belive it was to show the training skills of the man and the control of his dog.maybe changed over the yrs?

i shall never worry about a pig sitting in the mud whilst a cur dog barks at it, but to me it is absolutely pointless, proves nothing. if that is a test for a terrier, then i'd say most of the mutts in the land would pass with flying colours. each to his own i suppose, every cripple has his way of walking, personally i like to see a dog mature and get tested in the field on its chosen quarry...A.T.B....

Yokel

My understanding is that the video shows training, not testing.

• Like 2