Just About Sums Up This Country

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DISGUSTING

How sad People fall through the net/system - and it is often the ones who just quietly accept their lot in life, or don't know how to deal with the system, that get the bad deal.   I visited an

i notice on the first page for this thread the benefits was mentioned, it makes me want to shit bullets every time i hear some moron say the money is going on f***ing scrounging b*****ds they go on ab

Posted Images

read about that other day,didnt suprise.im past being shocked how low those c**ts in parliment will stoop.tbh they dont treat our current military with any regard,so dont hold out much hope for past war heroes.in fact they dont show any respect to any oap or anyone who isnt titled or got 10million plus in the bank.

• Like 8

Fact is, you can't give everybody everything even if they are a war hero. I think the real issue is how money is being pissed away on others when we are forgetting our own, war hero or otherwise.

Mate, WWII heroes should be made a priority! Regardless of how bad the economy or any of that is.

That poor old bloke having to sell the medals he earned in a world war just isn't on! It just shouldn't happen like that for him, Norway, not in this country.

This and the young girl being stabbed has genuinely got me down, I hate feeling like this.

here what you are saying born,but ive always believed old people should be treated a lot better in this country.so what if they have a house that is paid for and they need to go into sheltered accomodation.no way should they have to sell thier home to pay for it.

They have worked and contributed to this country,and in thier twilight years should have it easy. I wouldnt have them paying for anything if it was me in charge.cause lets face it,the goverment get thier cut in death duties anyway. stop giving money in aid to other countries and wasting it on stupid schemes that do not work.c**ts are giving themselfs a pay rise,aye were "all in this together" my f***ing arse lol

• Like 9

here what you are saying born,but ive always believed old people should be treated a lot better in this country.so what if they have a house that is paid for and they need to go into sheltered accomodation.no way should they have to sell thier home to pay for it.

They have worked and contributed to this country,and in thier twilight years should have it easy. I wouldnt have them paying for anything if it was me in charge.cause lets face it,the goverment get thier cut in death duties anyway. stop giving money in aid to other countries and wasting it on stupid schemes that do not work.c**ts are giving themselfs a pay rise,aye were "all in this together" my f***ing arse lol

well said scott happened to my gran had to sell her house to put her in care :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'd give that fella priority over me, of course I would, but I don't agree with a rule to give anybody priority just because of what they have done. I mean, is he more worthy of care the NHS doesn't consider necessary than for instance poor old Dorothy that's worked in the post office all her life? Or little Charlotte that's suffered for the first 3 years of her life? I'd sure as hell have people a struck off with no priority though.

Simple fact is, you DO have to think like this, There's a limited amount of money in the NHS unfortunately and somebody has to be subjective and draw lines. If you say certain people will be given everything then that comes at the expense of others in society. That's a hard truth.

Again I come back to what I have said, there would be more money to extend these 'lines' that have to be drawn if so much wasn't pissed away on unworthy causes. To me that's the real point here.

I'm not trying to trivialise this mans life or his worth to our country. I'm a big supporter of British troops and our war veterans from past wars. Just trying to look at things subjectively and without emotion. :thumbs:

• Like 2

I'd give that fella priority over me, of course I would, but I don't agree with a rule to give anybody priority just because of what they have done. I mean, is he more worthy of care the NHS doesn't consider necessary than for instance poor old Dorothy that's worked in the post office all her life? Or little Charlotte that's suffered for the first 3 years of her life? I'd sure as hell have people a struck off with no priority though.

Simple fact is, you DO have to think like this, There's a limited amount of money in the NHS unfortunately and somebody has to be subjective and draw lines. If you say certain people will be given everything then that comes at the expense of others in society. That's a hard truth.

Again I come back to what I have said, there would be more money to extend these 'lines' that have to be drawn if so much wasn't pissed away on unworthy causes. To me that's the real point here.

I'm not trying to trivialise this mans life or his worth to our country. I'm a big supporter of British troops and our war veterans from past wars. Just trying to look at things subjectively and without emotion. :thumbs:

I do think he should be given priority along with the young sufferers. There's not that many of those boys left from the War now, and as the days go by that number shrinks, so without doubt he should be given priority.

How sad :no: People fall through the net/system - and it is often the ones who just quietly accept their lot in life, or don't know how to deal with the system, that get the bad deal.

I visited an old guy a few months ago - nasty chest infection - and while I was there I could see he was really struggling. We talked about options, family, cares etc and his situation was just terrible. I noticed a book on spitfires on his table, and we got chatting about that - and turns out he was WW2 pilot. His wife had died, his son was estranged and he was too proud to ask for help, because he was embarrased at what he " had become".

I spent the next day on the phone to various military people - some helpful, some not, and eventually spoke to a really helpful squadron liaison office, and 2 weeks later, they visited him, and he was entitled to free help with sorting benefits, and his finances, and they even arranged for him to attend the Burns night dinner at the local mess - military transport provided - I saw him there and he was a different person. To be fair, he then bored me silly with war stories..... ( joking, he was a top bloke) and now he knows that help is only a phone call away.

• Like 16