Just About Sums Up This Country

I can't agree on Top Gear ( although the Hamster is lovely ! ) or the Beatles - as I like Pink Floyd and Masterchef...

I am proud to be British when I see the NHS. Now a lot will say I am biased, but I'm not - it isn't perfect - it tries hard, and is failed by the managers and the politicians - but nowhere else has the same sort of health care service we do.

And a comedy sketch I saw a while ago - a couple having a shag on a train - no one says a word. The bloke lights a cigarette afterwards - and someone says " er, excuse me, but I think you will find this is the non smoking section".... classic ! sums us up totally.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DISGUSTING

How sad People fall through the net/system - and it is often the ones who just quietly accept their lot in life, or don't know how to deal with the system, that get the bad deal.   I visited an

i notice on the first page for this thread the benefits was mentioned, it makes me want to shit bullets every time i hear some moron say the money is going on f***ing scrounging b*****ds they go on ab

Posted Images

hey people apart from top gear and the beatles whats actually great about britain and what makes you feel proud to be british? hearing all the negative sh1t going on

Two recent things that have made me proud to be British;

sir_ranulph_fiennes_150x180_zpsa3478bb8.jpg

ran_zpsd666c643.jpg

• Like 1

How sad :no: People fall through the net/system - and it is often the ones who just quietly accept their lot in life, or don't know how to deal with the system, that get the bad deal.

I visited an old guy a few months ago - nasty chest infection - and while I was there I could see he was really struggling. We talked about options, family, cares etc and his situation was just terrible. I noticed a book on spitfires on his table, and we got chatting about that - and turns out he was WW2 pilot. His wife had died, his son was estranged and he was too proud to ask for help, because he was embarrased at what he " had become".

I spent the next day on the phone to various military people - some helpful, some not, and eventually spoke to a really helpful squadron liaison office, and 2 weeks later, they visited him, and he was entitled to free help with sorting benefits, and his finances, and they even arranged for him to attend the Burns night dinner at the local mess - military transport provided - I saw him there and he was a different person. To be fair, he then bored me silly with war stories..... ( joking, he was a top bloke) and now he knows that help is only a phone call away.

Lara you are an absolute darling for doing that for him! I wish I had met a thoughtful girl like you :good:

Well done bab!

i notice on the first page for this thread the benefits was mentioned, it makes me want to shit bullets every time i hear some moron say the money is going on f***ing scrounging b*****ds they go on about it because they have no mind of their own and have heard some twat who is a prime minister(more like prime wanker)who say's the countries money problems are because of the unemployed getting it all in Benefits.

well let me tell you about some of these scrounging b*****ds, my mate phil was killed in the Falklands, his brother james lost his left leg and his left arm, james gets diability living alowance although ATOS say's he can run and walk so can go back to work, how the f**k can he run and walk with one f***ing leg, another mate collin was shot in the side it tore him open like a tin of beans i sat there holding his f***ing guts in till a medic got to him.

yes we were in the 22nd Bat R/M D comp and many of the blokes i was with are on Benefits because of the Falklands so if any of you want to blame the loss of monies to this country is because of scrounging b*****ds then f***ing think again and get your facts right.

on the tread this is a real shame and this government and successive governments dont give a flying f**k about anyone if you served and were injured to them thats what you sign up for you aint their problem, Cameron is a f***ing waste of space who dont even know how much a pint of milk costs, this country is in the shit because of the piss poor judgements the governments and the bankers(wankers) have made and the billions we keep giving to other countries because they dont even get a drop of rain, thats not our problem our country is our problem and at the moment this government is killing it, but could another government do any better NO and they wont till they decide this country comes first not the others, the country is a small lump in the sea and they are filling it up with foreigners, foreigners who are coming here going on the Benefit system and then sending the money they take home.

and the DWP, the government are letting them get away with it, the ONS office for national statistics say that 7 Billion pounds a year are being taken by imigrants who have gone on to the benefit system and sending it back to their families in other countries,so thats not taking the piss,,,,,BUT TAKING THE MONEY FROM A POOR OLD SOLDIER WHO HAS HAD TO SELL HIS MEDALS TO EVEN GET A MEAL MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL,

Cameron your a c**t and i hate that word start looking after the people of this country not f***ing others, but if he gets to hear about things on forums then i hope he takes one thing in.

THE WAY YOU ARE TREATING THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO BITE YOU IN YOUR ARSE COME THE NEXT ELECTION YOU f**k US OVER WE WILL DO THE SAME TO YOU.

i make no apologies to the way i fell about this government or people who blame every thing on what they call benefit scroungers with my language or animosity to them,i do apologise though to all the people that have fought for this country and now getting f****d over for it, i voted for this government because i believed what they said and for this i am deeply sorry i just hope and pray the next one will do what they say though i wont hold my breath.

paul

• Like 13

He's the wrong Colour/Religion/ Ethnic Background etc (delete as appropriate)

We'd rather give money to any c*nt in the world than spend it where we should.

What happened to Patriotism :hmm::huh:

Cheers, D.

i notice on the first page for this thread the benefits was mentioned, it makes me want to shit bullets every time i hear some moron say the money is going on f***ing scrounging b*****ds they go on about it because they have no mind of their own and have heard some twat who is a prime minister(more like prime wanker)who say's the countries money problems are because of the unemployed getting it all in Benefits.

well let me tell you about some of these scrounging b*****ds, my mate phil was killed in the Falklands, his brother james lost his left leg and his left arm, james gets diability living alowance although ATOS say's he can run and walk so can go back to work, how the f**k can he run and walk with one f***ing leg, another mate collin was shot in the side it tore him open like a tin of beans i sat there holding his f***ing guts in till a medic got to him.

yes we were in the 22nd Bat R/M D comp and many of the blokes i was with are on Benefits because of the Falklands so if any of you want to blame the loss of monies to this country is because of scrounging b*****ds then f***ing think again and get your facts right.

on the tread this is a real shame and this government and successive governments dont give a flying f**k about anyone if you served and were injured to them thats what you sign up for you aint their problem, Cameron is a f***ing waste of space who dont even know how much a pint of milk costs, this country is in the shit because of the piss poor judgements the governments and the bankers(wankers) have made and the billions we keep giving to other countries because they dont even get a drop of rain, thats not our problem our country is our problem and at the moment this government is killing it, but could another government do any better NO and they wont till they decide this country comes first not the others, the country is a small lump in the sea and they are filling it up with foreigners, foreigners who are coming here going on the Benefit system and then sending the money they take home.

and the DWP, the government are letting them get away with it, the ONS office for national statistics say that 7 Billion pounds a year are being taken by imigrants who have gone on to the benefit system and sending it back to their families in other countries,so thats not taking the piss,,,,,BUT TAKING THE MONEY FROM A POOR OLD SOLDIER WHO HAS HAD TO SELL HIS MEDALS TO EVEN GET A MEAL MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL,

Cameron your a c**t and i hate that word start looking after the people of this country not f***ing others, but if he gets to hear about things on forums then i hope he takes one thing in.

THE WAY YOU ARE TREATING THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO BITE YOU IN YOUR ARSE COME THE NEXT ELECTION YOU f**k US OVER WE WILL DO THE SAME TO YOU.

i make no apologies to the way i fell about this government or people who blame every thing on what they call benefit scroungers with my language or animosity to them,i do apologise though to all the people that have fought for this country and now getting f****d over for it, i voted for this government because i believed what they said and for this i am deeply sorry i just hope and pray the next one will do what they say though i wont hold my breath.

paul

After Lara's post and now this one I'm beginning to have a little more faith in humankind!

Trooperman I agree with your every word mate. You have my upmost respect mate :notworthy: .

paul

it was me that mentioned benifets so if this is aimed at me i stand by what i say the sponging b*****ds of this country that are fit to work which dont it was aimed at them i have a son that is disabled who is going through the same as your friends they had a choice to join the army no one forced them to join I wish my son could join the f--king army but he cant because of his disabilty heis going up in front of a panel to see if he is fit for work and he cant even leave the house his self they are having to move from there house which is catered for him because the bedroom tax so i hope you and many others who voted tory are proud of yourselfs

Edited by nothernlite

Dont argue amongst one another lads, save your anger for the savages that are doing this, they are going to take everything off us, so we will need solidarity.

'We are all in it together' Ha. Spiro Agnew said that, just before they hung him as a white slaver on an island just south of Neath.. :D

Northern light you and your son have my support the bedroom tax is unjust , but please remember the generation that fought WW2 were fighting against a foe that murderd people for being the wrong colour , religion , and the disabled Most were very young men who fought and died , yes they make a choise to join no one forced them your right but in times of trouble We need people who make sacrifise and people who make this commitment deserve this countrys commitment back , a promise was made to that generation A COUNTRY FIT FOR HEROS , HEALTH CARE FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE , we owe them !!!!!!!!

gone to earth im with the old guy 100% it was trooperman statement about me being a moron for saying sponging b*****ds nothing against people in the army my family were in the argylls i meant as in sponging b*****d that wont work and can the comment about the army was aimed at his friends not the old man nothing against soilders i admire them

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 1

Think you'll find that not every one in WW2 had a choice about joining up, that's why the had the call up and anyone not going was banged up.

will yous no f--king listen no talking about ww2 ffs talking about what trooperman says about his pals ffs

OAP's are treated like shit in this country.... The ones who should get the most respect get none, I couldn't handle how they were spoken to whilst my wife was in hospital, they are talked to like silly children .. Shocking.. My wife who was very ill after her op, had to help one old lady ( Audrey) out of her bed, she was told by the nurse she had to prove she was ready to go home..

Now my wife is in touch with her and has helped her get home help ( she wasn't made aware of what she was entitled to and was paying heavily).... Audrey's over 80 and as bright as a button, a very interesting old lady... My wife will stay in touch with her and we'll help where we can

Lara.. You sound exactly how a nurse should be, your a credit to your profession ....

Something has to be done to get this man his medals back. Can we as a hunting community not have a whip round to raise the money to get this man, no sorry this HERO! his medals back?

Would anyone know how to go about it?

I don't earn much and don't get paid til the 25th but more than willing to donate some money if we can get medals back to this poor bloke. This country makes my blood boil!

• Like 2