Once Upon A Time In America

Don't think I've seen Bronx tale. Another film I like is boys in the hood

Boyz N The Hood, very good film as far as black crime films go. If you enjoyed that, try Menace II Society. I felt it was a touch grittier than BNTH and it's more realistic in my opinion.But still both very good films.
I'll look out for it mate, cheers. I like the gritty film especially British ones. A good wee british film worth a deck is based in greenock I think called sweet sixteen.

Boyz N tha hood and Menace II society both Over the top black bullshit IMO. They try to make heroes out of black scumbags.

Hardly trying to make heroes out of them is it ? Unless you're a complete moron who see's the things they portray in the film as heroic.

All the films do is show you how life was (still is in certain places) for the black sub-culture. Nothing heroic, just another story.

Yeah they are trying to make heroes out of them and young impressionable divvy kids take it all in. Same with the music, look at Tupac, he was a rapist piece of shit, yet he's compared to Bob Marley.

They glamourise that way of life when in reality it's a lot different.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this one of the greatest films ever made ?                   " I slipped" nearly made me cry that bit. What an amazing film.

Boyz N tha hood and Menace II society both Over the top black bullshit IMO. They try to make heroes out of black scumbags.

Theres only so many times you can hear kids calling each other " blood " and " man " before it gets boring................saw a nice little film on telly the other night called Wild Bill........about

Boyz N The Hood, very good film as far as black crime films go. If you enjoyed that, try Menace II Society. I felt it was a touch grittier than BNTH and it's more realistic in my opinion.But still both very good films.
I'll look out for it mate, cheers. I like the gritty film especially British ones. A good wee british film worth a deck is based in greenock I think called sweet sixteen.

Hardly trying to make heroes out of them is it ? Unless you're a complete moron who see's the things they portray in the film as heroic.

All the films do is show you how life was (still is in certain places) for the black sub-culture. Nothing heroic, just another story.

Yeah they are trying to make heroes out of them and young impressionable divvy kids take it all in. Same with the music, look at Tupac, he was a rapist piece of shit, yet he's compared to Bob Marley.

They glamourise that way of life when in reality it's a lot different.

Only idiots are taken in by the manufactured glamour of it all.

And did you really just use Tupac's personal life when judging his music ?

Because as far as I can see the only thing an artist should be judged upon is his/her art. The fact that Tupac was a former gang member and did unspeakable things has zero bearing on how good/bad his music is.

Theres only so many times you can hear kids calling each other " blood " and " man " before it gets boring................saw a nice little film on telly the other night called Wild Bill........about a fella who comes out of prison and looks after his 2 sons who barely know him.......worth a watch.

Seen that the other week mate. Was watching it thinking, whys he called wild bill, found out at the end :yes:

Films well worth a watch if you don,t mind sub titles ,

Il Postino

Jean de Florrette , parts 1 and 2

Cinema Paradiso

Its a beautiful life

most european films don,t rely on special effects or massive production costs , they are usually good stories well told , excellent cinematography and good actors .

When Noodles brings the Cake to Peggy so he can have his wicked way with her . . . He ends up eating it while waiting lol I think we All knew a Peggy in our Youth ! Class Film James Wood is some Actor .

I think it was Patsy in the cake scene.

My favourite film of all time.

Il Postino

Cinema Paradiso

Its a beautiful life

most european films don,t rely on special effects or massive production costs , they are usually good stories well told , excellent cinematography and good actors .

Its a beautiful life is a good film, I also liked the boy in the striped pajamas

Il Postino

Cinema Paradiso

Its a beautiful life

Jean de Florrete is class, id love to see it a good copy of it, only ever seen it on dodgy vhs. Part 2 is Manon de Sources, very sad story but beautiful films.

I thought that Zero dark thirty was quite good. Theres a relatively new one with Ray wishbone in, called "13" about a giant game of russian roulette. That was quite good too.

When all the gang banging films got mentioned, I cant believe American history X didnt get a look in.

Stay away from an Eastern europian film called "Taxadermia", boy is it Fecked up.