Will He Wont He Go To Ground

my lad got this terrier frm fella in colne good working lines he got grandparents aswell father one dog machine but are terrier doing the job on top rats etc bushing but wont go to ground goes half way then comes out but it smells so you know something there boss dog above ground is parents doing job the fella who bred him got good dogs the terrier is so game aswell so any adive would be great just thinking maybe he has to go with another terrier cannot understand it does water catching rats so should not be scared should it so come on lads rattle your heads an help us

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because it smells to you doesn't mean someone's at home..

another know it all-what you digging to pal?probably f**k all-if you cant help the man out keep your mouth shut if i was you pal i would try the above mentioned-tie him up while digging to another do

it'll go when it's ready.patience mate.

A question for those in the know as I also have a terrier doing stuff above ground but wont enter 15mnths old from top lines in this country. does it help to give them a look at the fox when its dug to? Ill be give blackbucks surgestion ago next time we dig a fox ive been very patient and not tried to forse him in any way but our season is about to start again and it would be nice if he had a go.

Have you let it rag a dead fox yet .if its in there blood and head theyll self enter out for a walk terrier disappears then you wish he wouldnt go to ground lol only joking but others need a a wee bit more schooling if they wont enter so give it a spin in a blocked end even when the other terrier is working the fox below ground it should wind him up but put the shovel infront of the fox and if he starts smelling round it lift the shovel and seee what the outcome is and if you dont have another terrier just keep on trucking and hopefully something ill click in the dogs head good luck

• Like 1

Its a bit hard to give advice without a bit of information about the dog.

Have you had it from a pup??, what age is it?? if bought in as an adult, did the previous owner try him and discover him useless?? has he seen another dog work fox?? there are far more questions that need asked before anyone can realy pass comment or advise.

And please dont call a dog that pokes his head in a hole game, your doing a lot of genuine wee workers a discredit.

hope all goes well with the wee dog, but put more info up.

Yours in sport Pernod

• Like 1

the dog as ragged dead foxes smashed wild cats i think i need to find a exprienced dog thats doin the job so thanks for your help the dog is 18mths now could be he knows there nowt at home boss at working scent above ground so will try some other stuff tthanks lads

if its colne near burnley there isnt any good terriers there

another know it all-what you digging to pal?probably f**k all-if you cant help the man out keep your mouth shut :yes: if i was you pal i would try the above mentioned-tie him up while digging to another dog and let him listen-show him 1 behind a shovel-but for f**k sake dont let him scream into it it could do more harm than good ;) then try him on his own next time 1s home.be patient and happy digging.atb bobby

• Like 3

well are you a top terrierman an if so take me with my dog and show me how it should work then mr jusdigit cos everyone else as been helpful and it does not matter were it was bred anyway it could have been bred in a f***ing cellar so i disgree about colne wat you said