Nobody seems to be bothered about other stuff that fits the same MO take midnights thread "all week at my forge" its in the craft section because it shows elements of knife making but it also contains knives for sale. so is it in the correct place or not :hmm: personally my view is if its kept to one thread and shows crafts aswell as sales then theres no reason why it shouldnt stay in the craft and diy section, very few on here pay for advertising yet a good few advertise almost weekly, to me its a good thing for the site as it gives everyone a level footing and members access to a cottage industry and goods that they may not see or be able to obtain elsewhere, however nobody should have the monopoly on advertising, as malt stated earlier this has been and is being discussed and a resolution should be sorted soon :thumbs:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had a lovely day today with the wife and kids at the fair, sorry i thought i was on facebook

You big attention seeking fanny. It's the internet, turn it off if you don't like it.

ffs stop being a gimp there's plenty on this site who dont like me and i dont like them , just do one of 2 things ignore them or wind the feckers up simple really..(i choose to wind the people up norm

Posted Images

Nothing against him myself,Good luck to him.

The other lads making leather collars isn't he never seen one that looks remotely like ss stuff.

Only last month i saw a thread where SS was being accused of copying a slip lead :laugh: At the end of the day your going to struggle to make a original collar,Its a strap that gos around a dogs neck,take it to the `patent office they would laugh you out of there.

No need for the pettiness or threats though in my opinion.

• Like 1

Nobody seems to be bothered about other stuff that fits the same MO take midnights thread "all week at my forge" its in the craft section because it shows elements of knife making but it also contains knives for sale. so is it in the correct place or not :hmm: personally my view is if its kept to one thread and shows crafts aswell as sales then theres no reason why it shouldnt stay in the craft and diy section, very few on here pay for advertising yet a good few advertise almost weekly, to me its a good thing for the site as it gives everyone a level footing and members access to a cottage industry and goods that they may not see or be able to obtain elsewhere, however nobody should have the monopoly on advertising, as malt stated earlier this has been and is being discussed and a resolution should be sorted soon :thumbs:

:thumbs:

If the way forward is just to spam the forum with loads of posts of gear for sale in the wrong sections,

This is something we've been discussing because few members are taking advantage of the leniency we've been showing towards home made stuff for sale in the craft section. By rights anything for sale should be in the classified section and one post per item is all it should take...

But its ok to threaten people and act like you own the forum if any one trys to do anything you dont like.

Why not just make ss the offical THL dog collar, lead ,slip ,game carrier.Ban everyone else from mentioning collars.Keep the click happy. :thumbs:

No clique at all, my personal views on the matter are that there shouldn't be any adverts at all in sections outside of the classified sections.. Members rightly don't tolerate adverts for pups in the dog sections, (as an example..) why should there be one rule for some members and another for others? We're being pretty flexable with the ads in the craft section as things stand, by rights they should all be deleted. Other than that people are entitled to air their views and other people have a right to reply to those views, etc.. If people want to advertise stuff for sale and are scared of what people might say about it, then maybe this ain't the place to try selling it.. :thumbs:

why should there be one rule for some members and another for others? :laugh:

I have not seen any complaints from any one thats brought the lads collars,the only lads moaning are the other collar makers?

If the adds are in the wrong place just move them delete them,Do you really think thats the reason every ones getting hassle?

SS couldnt pay for the advertising he gets on here,.You ask a hunting lad whos not on the internet about strongstuff :icon_eek: .

Dont even know why im getting involved just dont like having stuff shoved down my throat,and deffiantly dont like seeing things that aint fair i guess.

Any way there must be serious money in them for the "collar wars".Going to start my self call them "TOUGH SHIT"

No, and I've earned every single bit of it.

Yes, there's fortunes in it, for me, thanks, but that's because I've earned it, not because I expect it.

You crack on, see how you do.

Tough? You missed the boat on that one, another chancing little knob tried that already.

http://www.thetuffstuff.co.uk/#

:laugh::laugh: Just looked at the link,I could understand you being pissed at that

All this would never have happened on Simomans watch !! Lol lol lol

• Like 5

it would have been a far camper thats for sure :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone remember when that fishfish bloke made a thread about catapult piracy? He got the f***ing piss ripped out of him, rightly so.

Sorry SS but if the issue is gafer supposedly copying the design of your collar, how do you know that you were the first? It's only a fecking collar, there ain't that many ways to make them?! Not personally keen on the pictures I've seen of gafers collars, just personal taste, they aren't for me. They look well made and at a decent price though, so that's all that matters.

I think the general reaction to this topic would be far different if it was a lesser member than SS. There are some members on here that could claim that grass is blue and they'd have a swarm of followers behind them ready to lick :laugh::laugh:

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick here, as I find it hard to believe this could only be about the design of a collar, pretty petty if you ask me.

• Like 3

my mate buys his collars of ss and is well pleased with them and i buy mine of the gafer and cant fault them imagine us 2 going out and fighting over collars how sad would that be and at the end of the day theyre totaly different products in every way possible :yes:

• Like 1

No he would have banned gafer