My Avatar Pic

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell him we are offended by muslims blowing up tube stations in OUR country , oh and tell him if he dont like it to FCUK OFF !!!!

Well in protest of the cheek of the c.unt ive changed my avatar to a very tasty looking pig on a spit!

Just return his pm with the most humiliating degrading and offensive volley of abuse you can think of..........................if he can get offended by a picture on an internet forum you might as wel

Posted Images

feck sake jim are you a muslim?

He cant reply at the moment , he's gone to the mosc :laugh:

unbeliveable mate

he must be deaf,dumb,blind have no contact wuth the outside world and live at the top of a mountain to come out with shite like that

So what we have here is a guy who see's something as possibly offensive to his belief system, who privately (and politely?) communicates his offense to the offender. The potential offender asks for an opinion as to whether the picture is of the prophet Mohammed or just a arabic/musilm looking guy. He didn't ask whether it was offensive, or whether it was the offendees right to be offended, but whether the picture was of Mohammed or not. And you guys spout pages and pages of hugely offensive hatred towards a religion that if any religious freedom activists were to see could result in charges being brought against individuals based on 'inciting religious hatred' laws. Can none of you see the irony here? This is a public forum don't forget and people have been arrested for far less.

Anyone has the right to be offended at anything, same as anyone has the right under the freedom of speech to say whatever they like. Doesn't mean we have to change what we think or say, but it does mean that people are allowed to have different beliefs and opinions. This guy could be white and English for all you guys know, some muslims are. Islam is a religion, not a race of people. Muslim believe that any pictoral representation of Mohammed to be deeply offensive. He has a right to be offended and to communicate that offense, the same as the OP has the right to have whatever avatar pic he likes and to leave it there.

Half of you on here just make yourself look like uneducated hateful morons whenever religion gets brought up.

I'm not defending or accusing anything about the original topic, it just saddens me that it got turned into something else entirely that is so very hateful and destructive.

For the record OP, I don't think the pic is of Mohammed.

Jim

even some muslims are hatefull and destructive mate :thumbs:

if he has a problem tell him to hit the report button, i will sort his problem in seconds :D

what gun you using............?

water pistol, with a bit of soap and water in it :D:laugh:

i was thinking a long the lines of petrol.................... :laugh:

Nope, not a Muslim or at the Mosque. I totally agree Paulus, and neither am I defending the hateful and massively offensive crap spouted by Abu Hamza and his types. The pics on this thread of the folks with the anti-soldier placards are other disgusting messages are rightly to be abhorred. Was just pointing out that this thread had turned into a hateful tirade of it's own, which is just as bad, and nothing to do with what the original question was asking.

Free speech is both a beauty and a beast depending on which side of the picket line you are.

Jim

Edited by WoodsmanJim

Nope, not a Muslim or at the Mosque. And neither am I defending the hateful and massively offensive crap spouted by Abu Hamza and his types. The pics on this thread of the folks with the anti-soldier placards are other disgusting messages are rightly to be abhorred. Was just pointing out that this thread had turned into a hateful tirade of it's own, which is just as bad, and nothing to do with what the original question was asking.

Free speech is both a beauty and a beast depending on which side of the picket line you are.

Jim

So how should the OP have responded to the lads request? Just done as he was told and removed the avatar pic?

Lapin, no not at all. I think you've missed my point. I said in my previous post that the OP has as much right to have and keep his avatar as the the muslim guy has to be offended by it if he chooses to.

I commend the OP for asking whether or not people thought the picture was as Mohammed or not.

I guess I was hoping to reveal the irony of what the thread had turned into; nothing to do with whether the pic was of Mohammed or not and just full of people ranting and being hateful about another group of people who are ranting and being hateful.

Jim

Edited by WoodsmanJim

Nope, not a Muslim or at the Mosque. And neither am I defending the hateful and massively offensive crap spouted by Abu Hamza and his types. The pics on this thread of the folks with the anti-soldier placards are other disgusting messages are rightly to be abhorred. Was just pointing out that this thread had turned into a hateful tirade of it's own, which is just as bad, and nothing to do with what the original question was asking.

Jim

So how should the OP have responded to the lads request? Just done as he was told and removed the avatar pic?

the op did the correct thing in my mind and asked the question on an open forum. the fact some may not like a few of the replies is part and parcel of living in a land where free speach is accepted. tollerance and understanding is a couple of words religons in general should revisit :thumbs:

Jim

the op did the correct thing in my mind and asked the question on an open forum. the fact some may not like a few of the replies is part and parcel of living in a land where free speach is accepted. tollerance and understanding is a couple of words religons in general should revisit :thumbs:

Exactly. :thumbs:

Jim

Lapin, no not at all. I think you've missed my point. I said in my previous post that the OP has as much right to have and keep his avatar as the the muslim guy has to be offended by it if he chooses to.

I commend the OP for asking whether or not people thought the picture was as Mohammed or not.

I guess I was hoping to reveal the irony of what the thread had turned into; nothing to do with whether the pic was of Mohammed or not and just full of people ranting and being hateful about another group of people who are ranting and being hateful.

Jim

Accept your point around irony

Does it not bother you that it seems second nature to these people that they expect that everyone else should be brought inline with their own belief structure. It just seems absurd to me that on a forum which is predominantly British he felt comfortable enough to contact someone and try get them to fall in line. Its like me trying to take an add out in Al Jazeera trying to sell bacon

• Like 1

Lapin, absolutely yes it does. Although the fact he feels comfortable enough to broach his beliefs with us, is kind of a compliment really. As far as I'm aware he wasn't being forceful and insisting, just bringing it up privately. As someone who has done a bit of travelling about the world I have never, and would never expect to go to another country or culture to live or visit, and then expect them to speak my language and do things my way, but at the same time it'd be nice if I had the freedom to express stuff about myself. No one in that country has to do anything about what I say, but at least listening is a polite response.

I agree that we shouldn't lose our own country's identity because of foreign influence through immigration. Although don't forget that in reality our history and heritage is made up of hundreds of thousands of years of going out and conquering others, and with it being influenced by their new cultures. As well as being conquered ourselves and having new bloodlines introduced. This is the same for almost every country in the world!

That said those that come to the UK and then oppose the UK or cause trouble, should leave.

I would warn anyone against falling into the trap of lumping a whole group of people into a single identity based on a few very famously vocal bad eggs. I grew up in Leicester where there are a lot of muslims and sikhs and, well just about everyone really! The vast majority of people are nice and friendly, regardless of what or who they believe in. Those that aren't friendly should be dealt with.

Just like on here at THL, we all love hunting, it's why we're here - but we're all different people and assuming one THL'er is the same as every THL'er would be crazy!

You're all welcome to your own opinions of course, such is the beauty of tolerance and free speech! :thumbs:

Jim

Edited by WoodsmanJim
  • Like 1

Lapin, absolutely yes it does. Although the fact he feels comfortable enough to broach his beliefs with us, is kind of a compliment really. As far as I'm aware he wasn't being forceful and insisting, just bringing it up privately. As someone who has done a bit of travelling about the world I have never, and would never expect to go to another country or culture to live or visit, and then expect them to speak my language and do things my way, but at the same time it'd be nice if I had the freedom to express stuff about myself. No one in that country has to do anything about what I say, but at least listening is a polite response.

I agree that we shouldn't lose our own country's identity because of foreign influence through immigration. Those that come to the UK and then oppose the UK or cause trouble, should probably leave. Although don't forget that in reality our history and heritage is made up of hundreds of thousands of years of going out and conquering others, and with it being influenced by their new cultures. As well as being conquered ourselves and having new bloodlines introduced. This is the same for almost every country in the world!

I would warn anyone against falling into the trap of lumping a whole group of people into a single identity based on a few very famously vocal bad eggs. I grew up in Leicester where there are a lot of muslims and sikhs and, well just about everyone really! The vast majority of people are nice and friendly, regardless of what or who they believe in. Those that aren't friendly should be dealt with.

Just like on here at THL, we all love hunting, it's why we're here - but we're all different people and assuming one THL'er is the same as every THL'er would be crazy!

You're all welcome to your own opinions of course, such is the beauty of tolerance and free speech! :thumbs:

Jim

A lot of what you say does makes sense. I just wish that the bad ones were actually dealt with and not just accommodated. I have no problem with any group that is willing to integrate within the country and contribute. There are lots of nice ones I do agree with that as well. What I do know is that many of the moderate ones also hold views that are fairly iffy in terms of justification on 7/7 attacks, lots view us as inferior etc etc

The fact that he does feel confident about broaching the subject I find it a sad reflection as to how we have let stuff become. What bothers me is although they are relatively new to this country yet their views and feelings are held in higher regard than our own and they know this. Hence why the lad had no hesitation in contacting Dido and asking him to change his picture. I think its an indicator of how we are expected to always be the ones that compromise. Eg they being allowed to wave banners in the street saying that british service personnel should die etc and do not get prosecuted or can have groups videoing the enforcement of sharia law in parts of london without fear of prosecution. Do you think that we would be able to walk around waving banners saying similar stuff? They are for the most part outside the law for fear of them as a community being offended in some way.

Dont get me wrong its as much our authorities for pandering to them as it is their fault for being the way they are.

• Like 2

friendly muslims? where?

ffs they kill our troops they set up a bombing campain

they march in my country shouting obscene rubbish

Feck the lot of them

All muslims should fecking hang as far as im concerned

muslims in the UK affend me big time

islam is the root of all evil and should be banned.....................

stop pussy footing around these kunts just like everyone else does

pussy foot around them and they take over

just like there doing now

feck the lot of them hope they rot in hell

• Like 4