So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Few bits picked and washed tonight  

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

One of the best years I've had apart from my onions. That dreaded little git has got in again and we curled up. Not nice. Everything else is good. The one surprise for me is the carrots. I wondered whether or not to bother and in the end decided to have yet another go. This time, however, I dug a real good trench about 2ft across and a foot deep. All the soil I then sifted and returned to the trench. The difference is quite amazing. Good roots about 5 ins long and not a sign of the dreaded. :victory: Got judged for best plot the other day by the Council!! Interesting comments :hmm: The green netting that we use to cover the brassicas apparantly forces the veg and they recommended removing. Now this I did, listening to my peers only to watch the following day, a horde of cabbage whites descend. Hey ho. See what happens. Apart from that, fingers crossed, everything is good. At least I'm feeding the family and enjoying every minute of it. Hope you are all fairing as well. Jok. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cracking beetroot tonight well pleased. They all ways looks like they are doing rubbish then come good.

19874051999_86e537f203_z.jpg

I would love to not net the brassicas but when I leave the odd plant uncovered it gets stripped bare. Be different if it was in the back garden I could pick them off but no chance up the plot

• Like 2

Cracking beetroot tonight well pleased. They all ways looks like they are doing rubbish then come good.

I would love to not net the brassicas but when I leave the odd plant uncovered it gets stripped bare. Be different if it was in the back garden I could pick them off but no chance up the plot

First class Beetroot :thumbs:

Edited by darbo
  • Like 1

You can use soapy water (bar or soap) to keep the caterpillars off by letting the soap go to mush in a bucket of water.then just fill a spray bottle up and spray your collies,cabbages,sprouts with it and that stops them.for slugs you can cut oranges in half and face it cut side down and the acid in the orange kills them.

• Like 1

Are those beets Chogia?

TC

My runner beans have done very well this year. having beans up to 15" long and not stringy. had all my seeds from Premier seeds direct. will be getting them from there next time. they have all done very well.

post-30973-0-38835000-1438099462_thumb.jpg