So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

Posted Images

Planted some spinach, spring onions, iceberg, radish, little gem and rocket in the poly you can literally watch it grow

bloody pristine setup that going well :thumbs: better than my slap dash efforts. Only tonight I raised the netting on a row of peas and as I took the last bit off the whole row fell over like a set of dominos. I had some how forgot to support them and didn't realise it was the netting holding them up :laugh: Managed to cobble them back upright :)

Know what. Never been so pleased when I went down there after 5 days. It looks amazing and everything as should be. Dug new tats for Sunday dinner with new carrots and broad beans. Lettuce for next door neighbour. Makes it an absolute pleasure to have an allotment.

• Like 1

sowed a row of parsley and swede today

18787692914_c93916d245_b.jpg

found out what the tree at the end of my plot is seems to be a plum apparently

18787747444_47731ed59f_b.jpg

a lot of dead branches on it though so not happy about some thing. I have neglected it mind as I thought it was ornamental so I will weed it and give some manure maybe

put in some more peas and dwarf beans

18789511113_5a32fedaef_b.jpg

started on the kestrel now so some cracking chips for tea

18789705733_7980cc9afc_b.jpg

these gave up the ghost so yanked them out today

19414648491_dd2b11e7d0_b.jpg

then saw why poxy club root the bane of my life

19222819710_ae3727b97c_b.jpg

tart or jam undecided :)

19404337642_375de3e943_b.jpg

superb lettuce this year

19384562746_f7533a17e3_b.jpg

they all come at once though I have planted more at different times

19224714289_f87d8e4df9_b.jpg

peas going great

18787547414_6533a9fe64_b.jpg

• Like 3

I tried washing liquid for it but the plants didn't do well and only a couple survived though that could have been any thing. I did stick loads of lime around them last year that helped a bit but still hit and miss.

I hear some folks use mole hill soil and basically plant in that

I've filled all my tubs and bags with Appachee second early potatoes they have been all earthed up and the shawls are at least three foot clear of the tubs , I'm hoping there's a good few potatoes there and there no all shawls but the flowers are just coming so I suppose in about a fortnight I will find out LOL

• Like 1

planter looks to be doing well. Handy for lettuce too

Yeah it's kinda shot up ,and starting to go over,we had some in a salad,and homemade coleslaw,when we had pulled pork rolls other day.

• Like 1

I will be trying the rhubarb stem in the hole trick as well its quite fun finding ways around these problems. I see there are a few varieties of club root resistant seeds so I will try them next year too