Lurchers That Dont Jump

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dogs jump no bother, and when on the chase will jump the obstacle, but depending on some fence situation/location I will choose to lift them over, a dog that won't jump full stop is a different ket

Most people who don't allow or teach their dogs to jump state that it's to reduce the chance of injury and yes they do have a point. However a non jumping dog can also be injured trying to go through

canny jump its as much use as a chocolate fireguard mate....

Posted Images

know a fella carries ablanket throws across the wires , amazing really to whatch dogs sits there waiting for the blanket to come out , unbelievable but true seen some things know a fella spent 2yrs truing to get is three quarter traditional jump a 2 foot wire ,same place same times twice aday . took 2 minutes ya see it twas the fellas incompetince that was denying the animqal an all. atb bunnys.

i use a horse rug on barbed wire when im teaching pups to jump :thumbs:

nought wrong with that red but a bet thee onna carrying it round for yrs on end , ha ha ha . atb bunnys.

na it on farm where i train pups, fence is next to stables so it makes sense, stock breaking lesson an a jumping less, all rolled into 1 with a retreive lesson :D blanket only gets used once or twice, till i see they are clearing it, if not i add more height, it usually takes a sore un for em to learn the lesson proper i think :laugh::thumbs:

know a fella carries ablanket throws across the wires , amazing really to whatch dogs sits there waiting for the blanket to come out , unbelievable but true seen some things know a fella spent 2yrs truing to get is three quarter traditional jump a 2 foot wire ,same place same times twice aday . took 2 minutes ya see it twas the fellas incompetince that was denying the animqal an all. atb bunnys.

i use a horse rug on barbed wire when im teaching pups to jump :thumbs:

nought wrong with that red but a bet thee onna carrying it round for yrs on end , ha ha ha . atb bunnys.

na it on farm where i train pups, fence is next to stables so it makes sense, stock breaking lesson an a jumping less, all rolled into 1 with a retreive lesson :D blanket only gets used once or twice, till i see they are clearing it, if not i add more height, it usually takes a sore un for em to learn the lesson proper i think :laugh::thumbs:

I am the same start them with an old bit carpet over the fence, get them jumping the same fence over and over till it's second nature then eventually do away with the carpet when they confident and clearing any fence.

I have a whippet only lamp her and ferret in the day she will jump and go trough the hedges in the day but at night she stops at the hedges/fences unless we are Walking from field to field then if she see's me climb over she will follow but she has been nock over by a car by going threw the hedge so she learnt her self the hard way I'm afraid

Lurcher's that don't jump? aren't they called Corgi's?

no mate a lurcher that dont jump is just that it dont f*****g jump.A corgi is a little terrier type with no tail hope that helped you out

:laugh:

Is a scotman without a kilt still a scotsman?

An englishman without tea still an englishman?

im not sure why you keep making all these comparisons mate but the facts are if you had 2 lurchers exactly the same. One could jump and the other couldn't then the jumper would catch more game. And that's the reason you have dogs isn't it... Too catch game???
  • Like 3

Nope. To keep me warm at night ffs!

The comparisons were made in reference to chanceys remarks and in no way aimed toward the english or scottish women on here.

I have 2 dogs that jump 100% like i said. My whippet will and she wont. I am happy with that. Ill just lift her over or throw her over. She weighs less than a bag of sugar!

Maybe she doesnt jump 100% because she spent 5 months of her 'pup life' cage/house bound?

And as ive said in the yapping thread, im fuckinng grateful she can run at all.......if she wont jump a fence then so be it.....i dont f****n want her to if the truth be know.

I made sure my youngster could jump and she can. And it has its benefits no doubt. But has its negatives.

I couldnt care less about how much game i caught at a night.

Its not about numbers with us its about having a good night doing what we love.

And most importantly getting the dogs home safe and well.

Dont mean to sound like an arse. Just how i write on here :thumbs:

My oldest bitch had a few nasty experiences when young and wont jump and it hasnt bothered me i lose some game but nevermind, I have a beddy/whip dog which when on game will jump anything f**king suicidal to be honest.

mines were jumping when they were pups.it would be a nightmare owning a lurcher that couldnt clear fences or gates.yes they can get a very serious injury jumping,and in some cases end up dead,however its just the way it is,we can only hope the dog never misjudges the obstacle.no im afraid i wouldnt be a happy a chap if i had a lurcher that refused to clear simple fences.

• Like 1