Lurchers That Dont Jump

Ill tell you what else is a good jumper....... A f*****g cow lol. Nothing worse than seeing cows jump the fence after the dog as the dog runs back to you :laugh:

Aye skycat, deer can jump for fun. See plenty get hung up though but so does dogs on normal fences. I defiantly think its down to cockiness. I've had more experienced dogs hung up than pups that's for sure.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dogs jump no bother, and when on the chase will jump the obstacle, but depending on some fence situation/location I will choose to lift them over, a dog that won't jump full stop is a different ket

Most people who don't allow or teach their dogs to jump state that it's to reduce the chance of injury and yes they do have a point. However a non jumping dog can also be injured trying to go through

canny jump its as much use as a chocolate fireguard mate....

Posted Images

some a them fences are 15 foot high an floppy wire not seen many dogs jump them there there for keeping deer in or out seen deer scale some serious obsticles im pushed to beleive dogs jump these fences with ease :icon_eek:

all the deer fences ive built have been around 6.5ft but ive only dealt with roe and this will keep hight will keep most out, am sure if you were in highlands you need a higher fence but 15ft seem a bit excessive.

j.dog a contractor should be able to do it for under a tenner a meter depending on total legnth and access, a good farm store will sort you out with everything you need if doing it your self

some a them fences are 15 foot high an floppy wire not seen many dogs jump them there there for keeping deer in or out seen deer scale some serious obsticles im pushed to beleive dogs jump these fences with ease :icon_eek:

all the deer fences ive built have been around 6.5ft but ive only dealt with roe and this will keep hight will keep most out, am sure if you were in highlands you need a higher fence but 15ft seem a bit excessive.

j.dog a contractor should be able to do it for under a tenner a meter depending on total legnth and access, a good farm store will sort you out with everything you need if doing it your self

Cheers bud yeah ill be doing it myself and roping in afew mates :D:thumbs: thanks mate

My dogs could jump the big cattle gates, double barred fuckers but they'd pretty much push off it with the back feet. Same with 6ft garder fence but these are all solid objects. I'd never entertain a deer fence, never had to, the quarry has always been on the same side :laugh:

Well done the dogs that have, some baws to do that. I've seen countless deer jump it, seen them doing it from a standstill but never a dog.

baw...the dog i had that jumped them was mad for the roe...but it comes at a cost,this dog had some baws...yes,but the same dog killed itself chasing a roe...its a cruel game at times,as you will know bud :thumbs: ....atb...
  • Like 2