The One Show

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor   I went with,   To whom it may concern, I write to complain about erroneous statements made by a presenter

I never watch it ,, cant stand that Adrian child's ,,, he's one c**t I could punch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/     here`s the link   Complaint sent, disgraceful using license payers money to spout all this rubbish unopposed.

:laugh: can picture you pulling yer hair out (oxyster how the f**k do you spell that.... Under arm lol) watching her spew her pish. I hate that show especially that Adrian knob. They ask someone a question then cut them off before they've finished answering
  • Like 1

This is the complaint i sent in.

"The "One Show" ran a piece on so called badger baiting, which is incorrect anyway. The act that was described in the piece was badger digging, no less illegal but it is still factually incorrect. The reporter, Miranda Krestovnikoff, then proceeded, to imply the legal activity of "lamping" was illegal.

Having worked in this field of reporting for a while I am sure that she knows were the law stands on the matter. She described "lamping" as a bloodsport, which in itself is a bias, its a term thought up by anti-fieldsport campaigners and has extremely negative connotations. More factual inaccuracies occur when she describes it as "new", it has been around as long as it has been possible to project beams of light across and area of ground at night time.

She mentions all the illegal quarry that has been hunted but doesn't mention the most popular, and also totally legal quarry, rabbits.

She then goes on to say there is no financial gain to be made, which is another lie. Rabbits are a serious pest to many farmers/landowners and this method is used by them and those they allow, to control the rabbit population. The rabbits are then more often than not eaten or sold into the human food chain.

It seems to me that these inaccuracies are too great in both quantity and seriousness to be anything other than an attempt to smear law abiding people. She may not agree with people hunting but as part of the BBC she is obligated to report in a fair, factually correct and unbiased manner."

• Like 2

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

I went with,

To whom it may concern,

I write to complain about erroneous statements made by a presenter on the One Show.

1, They suggested that lamping was illegal, this is untrue.

2, They linked lamping with cock fighters, badger baiter and deer poachers, this is also in error.

3, They called lamping a blood sport which again is in error!

4,They stated that it was just for fun again untrue.

Lamping is a legal method of controling rabbit number on agricultural land to allow viable farming in a world where food production is needing to increase to feed an ever growing population.

I lamp rabbits, it’s perfectly legal, I have no relation to cock fighting or any other blood sport.It could be called a country sport like pheasant shooting perhaps. I will be out tonight to reduce the population on a farm where the damage is getting severe. The rabbits caught will be used, indeed many professional pest controllers sell them for human consumption.

I will not destroy the population but reduce it to a manageable level with a positive impact on the health of that population.

Alternatives to lamping are things like gassing, poisoning etc, which I’m sure you appreciate, are indiscriminate methods that result in many deaths of non target species like foxes and badgers!

When a member of the public who saw your programme sees my lamp tonight and calls 999 I will point the disgruntled officers in your direction.

Regards

• Like 6