collie greyhounds

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is mine, 19 mnth old now, and working well, very clever and very commited at work.             Oh yes! and he`s a Hancock dog. Try not to listen to to many people who`ve never owned or e

Stock dog, cattle collie what ever you want to call it is every bit important as the running dog side. A good stock dog that can move a bad cow that wants to eats its lunch day in day out is the kin

having had 3 colliexs with 1x colliex grey Bryn now, never thought collies were added for pre drive. more for (brain,good feet+coat, wind + bidable,) I think the prey drive comes from the running dog

Posted Images

Oh there are a few pro`s on here mate ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TBH You will get a hundred different opinions on here, plenty hate collie x`s some hate salukis , some love alsation x`s,,

Have a good read on here and look for whats doing the type of work you want to do, then ask some more,

ATB

Oh there are a few pro`s on here mate ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TBH You will get a hundred different opinions on here, plenty hate collie x`s some hate salukis , some love alsation x`s,,

Have a good read on here and look for whats doing the type of work you want to do, then ask some more,

ATB

and for those sheer novices theres one thing for sure , there be good bad and average in all xs . atb bunnys.

i am new to the site i work a couple of collie greyhounds good dogs work them mainly on rabbits and the odd charlie anyone else useing this type of dog and what do you think about this breed

if you got the right one it can be as good as any cross.

rabbit and fox would be no probs.

good and bad in any litter ,its a minefield buying a pup,hancocks dogs may well be do the job if u get lucky but I wouldn't support a puppy farmer,theres genuine dog men about who breed from tried and tested dogs,if you can find them,id f...k hanxcock off

• Like 1

good and bad in any litter ,its a minefield buying a pup,hancocks dogs may well be do the job if u get lucky but I wouldn't support a puppy farmer,theres genuine dog men about who breed from tried and tested dogs,if you can find them,id f...k hanxcock off

Who are they then, cause believe me mate,, working strain collie x`s are like moon rocks these days.

Most I have seen have all had Hancock in them as well.

id rather breed me own litter a colliex's than buy a pupr off hancock, even if ye wanted summat other thana 1/2, all ye would need is a any old grey an go to somebody with a working hancock dog an ye still be 1 up, being that 1 parent will work, sad but true...........................

Edited by reddawn

I thought it was always known collies were born with natural pray drive in them regardless of how much work, they have been used for generations because of their working abilities

They are natural born herding dogs, what else would you expect from the working collie?

Would you expect them to be a rabbiting collie to be put to a greyhound or whippet to produce so called proper working parents?

Load of shite!

Collie blood is added to purely to add their prey drive that their ancestors have past down through generations

• Like 2

I thought it was always known collies were born with natural pray drive in them regardless of how much work, they have been used for generations because of their working abilities

They are natural born herding dogs, what else would you expect from the working collie?

Would you expect them to be a rabbiting collie to be put to a greyhound or whippet to produce so called proper working parents?

Load of shite!

Collie blood is added to purely to add their prey drive that their ancestors have past down through generations

collies are added to a grey to add prey drive??? :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

fook me, so far in past few days i learnt colliesx's have bad feet an noo collies are added to greys to add prey drive, couldnae script this pish :laugh:

• Like 2

Had collie and Irish terrier crosses right back to the mid 60's but when I was concentrating on hares or foxes I progressed to salukis and wheaten or bull cosses, although some of these crosses, especially the Irish terrier, would do all.

Using logic.........collies have been bred NOT to apply the mouth.......in other words, to hunt, stalk and get in position but to hold back at the crucial moment of strike. So I find it hard to credit a lurchers prey drive to whatever collie genes may be in its makeup.....I suppose it depends on how you define prey drive.

Edited by BOLIO1
  • Like 1