collie greyhounds

I have to say that the collie cross with the best mouth...the best kill record....I've seen was Templekings Tanner. 3/4 greyhound x Beardie off Handcock. The same man had a 3/4 greyhound x border off a bitch I had sold to Scotty some years previously, I think his name was Ben, and he was a more honest dog who stayed better and had bettter feet. Tanners feet had every toe pointing in a different direction.

Remember reading a few articles about tanner in the old working terrier and running dog mags before earth dog running dog mags came out. a pic from one of the articles. was this a dog you knew?

ferretingpics471_zpsc676b4a3.jpg

My word, it's my Cisco dog....named after an old Belfast lurcherman! That dog was the same way bred as Tanner but from a different greyhound bitch, 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bearded collie. Templeking had his brother, Reno but he had a bad leg break and neither dog made as good as Tanner.

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is mine, 19 mnth old now, and working well, very clever and very commited at work.             Oh yes! and he`s a Hancock dog. Try not to listen to to many people who`ve never owned or e

Stock dog, cattle collie what ever you want to call it is every bit important as the running dog side. A good stock dog that can move a bad cow that wants to eats its lunch day in day out is the kin

having had 3 colliexs with 1x colliex grey Bryn now, never thought collies were added for pre drive. more for (brain,good feet+coat, wind + bidable,) I think the prey drive comes from the running dog

Posted Images

I have to say that the collie cross with the best mouth...the best kill record....I've seen was Templekings Tanner. 3/4 greyhound x Beardie off Handcock. The same man had a 3/4 greyhound x border off a bitch I had sold to Scotty some years previously, I think his name was Ben, and he was a more honest dog who stayed better and had bettter feet. Tanners feet had every toe pointing in a different direction.

Remember reading a few articles about tanner in the old working terrier and running dog mags before earth dog running dog mags came out. a pic from one of the articles. was this a dog you knew?

ferretingpics471_zpsc676b4a3.jpg

My word, it's my Cisco dog....named after an old Belfast lurcherman! That dog was the same way bred as Tanner but from a different greyhound bitch, 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bearded collie. Templeking had his brother, Reno but he had a bad leg break and neither dog made as good as Tanner.

:thumbs: always liked the 3/4 grey 1/4 collie type they were popular in my area in the 80s .atb.

I thought it was always known collies were born with natural pray drive in them regardless of how much work, they have been used for generations because of their working abilities

They are natural born herding dogs, what else would you expect from the working collie?

Would you expect them to be a rabbiting collie to be put to a greyhound or whippet to produce so called proper working parents?

Load of shite!

Collie blood is added to purely to add their prey drive that their ancestors have past down through generations

collies are added to a grey to add prey drive??? :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

fook me, so far in past few days i learnt colliesx's have bad feet an noo collies are added to greys to add prey drive, couldnae script this pish :laugh:

colliexs have bad feet dont think so. the beardie collies have 1 of the best feet on a dog to work the land that they do. my collie/grey will run on any ground from grass,deep ploughed to quarry ground and has never had a bad injury

let me rephrase that, i didnt mean to say that greyhounds dont have prey drive, they are sighthounds and will chase anything that moves

collies have a very high prey drive, also they add brains ,endurance, toughness, good feet,

chris is that shaun on here if so has he got any pics of the pup on here out of pippa and red mate

I baught a pup 9 months ago its a collie bull grey x saluki grey he has been a treat to train and didn take long to train on lamp either at only 9 months he can jump run lamp retrieve comes back when I knock lamp off, I heard if you have to much collie in a dog then it will pick and choose its runs , if its your 1st I would defo have a collie in the mix, as some say salukis can be sensitive and got to have loads of patenience and bulls can be hard to train for 1st lurcher try gettin 3/4 grey 1/4 collie or a beddy x maybe??