Right handed and left eye dominant

I have starting shotgun shooting a couple of months ago, got myself a small clay trap for practice,

I'm right handed and left eye dominant, i can't hit the clays at all when i open both eyes but i can when one is closed, but is it better to get use to both eyes open or just to keep shooting with one eye closed.

Thanks for the tips

I have starting shotgun shooting a couple of months ago, got myself a small clay trap for practice,

I'm right handed and left eye dominant, i can't hit the clays at all when i open both eyes but i can when one is closed, but is it better to get use to both eyes open or just to keep shooting with one eye closed.

Thanks for the tips

im the same , and i just close my eye , couldnt be bothered trying to learn with both eyes open .

• Like 1

Save from buying yourself a "crossover" stock which are quite expensive, find what works and maybe a few small improvements to the gun, like mentioned above, the luminous beads, see if that helps you shoot with both eyes open.

Failing that, could always try with both eyes closed :whistling:

Thanks for the tips

yes i close 1 eye aswel much beta
  • Like 1

Save from buying yourself a "crossover" stock which are quite expensive, find what works and maybe a few small improvements to the gun, like mentioned above, the luminous beads, see if that helps you shoot with both eyes open.

Failing that, could always try with both eyes closed :whistling:

ive been doing that for years, well it seems that way sometimes :laugh:

If you have only started shooting I would change shoulders. I am the same (right handed and left eye dominant) and changed when I was starting - a few years agon now!!

You can then keep both eyes open - it will feel strange for a while but you will get used to it and it will be a lot less bother in the long run than patches, scratched glasses and fancy bead sights.

Best of luck!