D-Day! (Renamed to "The re-education and crushing defeat of the fatally idealistic Mr Miles")

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you deliberately a c**t or does it come naturally?? Yes he was on someone elses land, yes he's a bit of a nut, but he's also just lost a years 'work' and his home. In my eyes he's got an excellent

wont comment on your prediciment mate,as i know very little about land laws.but i do hope you can sort something out,as it will be lot of hassle if you get thrown off at this time of the year.i didnt

Guy and girls,   Please don't use emotive language and prejudice against Milegajo, although it will be water of a ducks back for him.   I have had the pleasure of getting to know him and his lov

Posted Images

If the Deeds are not in the hands of this "bullying land owner", who do you think owns the land?

What are the rules on living on common land?

Surely all land in this country is owned by someone, and you can not just park up and do as you please.... can you?

There are small loopholes etc where if a person inhabits some land or builds a fence round it or something like that after x amount of years (12 i think) it belongs to the person who has taken it. Milegajo am sure will know the laws more though.

I have a house full of stuff i no longer have receipts for but it doesnt mean someone can come and help themselves...

I just know from looking at BUYING land to build a small place on in the last few years how difficult it is..... I've talked to alot of people on different loopholes in the laws,depending on types of land etc, put a log cabin on for so many years then replace for a permenant dwelling , BUY the land and live in a caravan and eventually you can build, taking on small scale farming ( hens, pigs etc) to overide agricultrual rules........ I own my house and eventually I sale it and get a bit of land of my own........ I just don't understand the concept of pulling up onto somebody elses land and setting up home...... if you can't afford to buy it, surely you can't have it :hmm:

You would have thought so wouldnt you, there are 2 similar rules i think that relate but i dont know them well so someone feel free to correct me!

first is the right to access, so if you have walked on a field for over 12 years and the owner hasnt stopped you, i think you sort of get the right to continue doing so after 12 years is up.

The other one relates to vacant possession (i think is the term). If you see a bit of land that looks vacant. Build a fence around it and maintain the boundary for over 12 years without someone pulling it down, its yours.

how would you prove either :hmm:

No idea mate! Am sure that milegajo will be able to fill us in on the precise laws

If the Deeds are not in the hands of this "bullying land owner", who do you think owns the land?

What are the rules on living on common land?

Surely all land in this country is owned by someone, and you can not just park up and do as you please.... can you?

There are small loopholes etc where if a person inhabits some land or builds a fence round it or something like that after x amount of years (12 i think) it belongs to the person who has taken it. Milegajo am sure will know the laws more though.

I have a house full of stuff i no longer have receipts for but it doesnt mean someone can come and help themselves...

I just know from looking at BUYING land to build a small place on in the last few years how difficult it is..... I've talked to alot of people on different loopholes in the laws,depending on types of land etc, put a log cabin on for so many years then replace for a permenant dwelling , BUY the land and live in a caravan and eventually you can build, taking on small scale farming ( hens, pigs etc) to overide agricultrual rules........ I own my house and eventually I sale it and get a bit of land of my own........ I just don't understand the concept of pulling up onto somebody elses land and setting up home...... if you can't afford to buy it, surely you can't have it :hmm:

You would have thought so wouldnt you, there are 2 similar rules i think that relate but i dont know them well so someone feel free to correct me!

first is the right to access, so if you have walked on a field for over 12 years and the owner hasnt stopped you, i think you sort of get the right to continue doing so after 12 years is up.

The other one relates to vacant possession (i think is the term). If you see a bit of land that looks vacant. Build a fence around it and maintain the boundary for over 12 years without someone pulling it down, its yours.

I suppose there's always some loophole mate..... But it would seem its always a long winded affair... Not turn up tidied a bit of land up, and start living there.... I just don't think in this country we have the open space to just pitch up somewhere and claim it as our own... There's always going to be someone's toes your stepping on.... It'll be interesting if miles has another take on it .... Or maybe he's already said it but I don't understand

Cheers

I've been walking my dogs in a local wood for 12 years this feb, and never been challenged, i do know the land owner, but he has never challenged me about it lol.

I might start building that hobbit house just after feb, see what he says.

That's all wrong - look up prescriptive rights (aka deed of lost modern grant) and adverse possession against registered and unregistered land.

Don't ever take legal advice from the Internet or off a forum or one day you'll be fixing your front door and chatting with bailiffs too...

This is all well and good, but unsure how to bring this up with the wife "well hon, you know dog shit wood, I'm thinking of getting a caravan of ebay, seen a good un being used as a chicken shed, only £50 with no bids and 1 day left, was thinking me you and the 3 kids could move into dog shit wood and live in it ?"

• Like 3

I've been walking my dogs in a local wood for 12 years this feb, and never been challenged, i do know the land owner, but he has never challenged me about it lol.

I might start building that hobbit house just after feb, see what he says.

haha i thought about stuff like that as I was typing it and had visions of people up and down the country that have been walking spots they shouldnt have challenging the owners in court...

'I been poaching this farm for the last 20 years.... Does this make it permission...?' :laugh:

But ffs dont take my word for it, I heard about these probably 15 years ago and my memory is misty at best, plus anything may have changed since then

• Like 1

do you or your missus work ?

Both. Despite our best efforts, non stop! I get miserable and unpleasant to be around otherwise.

One day i'll master the art of doing nothing. And quit ciggies. Should live longer...

I thought you said a few posts back that you lived for free as you didn't want to be away from your kids 40 hours a week?.....maybe I mis read your post?

There are so many holes and contradictions in this dreamers ramblings that its obviously bullshit.....he was plotted on there hoping for a production company to come along and turn him into a telly hero.

Don't know about Miles, more like Tom Pepper ya lying c**t , LOL LOL

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

Cracking read again. Just caught up on the thread. I had heard wilf was singing the snowman at his local theatre, now I know why :D I think if miles was on his own we would say fair play to him. It's the wife and weans that's wrong. His parents afforded him a good upbringing, least you can do is provide a warm roof over there heads.

• Like 1

I think Wilf's spot on.

Incidentally, I got a tax demand through today for payment in January, but I sent it back un-opened because I didn't ask for it and of course I don't recognise (or rather I have just closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears whilst shouting 'la la la I can't hear you' to) the concept of paying tax.

Obviously come the end of January I will try to pad out my bizarre and irrational views with 12 pages of flowery packing and nonsense and stick up a few photos. When the HMRC bailiffs come round I will quote them some nonsense off the David Icke forum and what some bloke who lost his house 3 years ago told me once during one of my never ending sitting round a fire, avoiding work / responsibility, drinking tea and rolling fags sessions. That ought to crack it.