D-Day! (Renamed to "The re-education and crushing defeat of the fatally idealistic Mr Miles")

why ask the man to answer your questions,then just ignore what he says.no i dont think he should be keeping kids in that caravan.but there not my kids so its really none of my business.im sure if the kids were unhealthy due to living in that box,social services would have been to see him.through schools,or even the dog walkers who i gather spoke to the family.its not for me living like that,but hey were all different.plenty gypos do it,and some on here defend them to the hilt.

ive never seen a gypsy is a van that looks like that :laugh:

Nor me

although there was an old tramp called parrafin jack that lived in one simular when i was a nipper :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you deliberately a c**t or does it come naturally?? Yes he was on someone elses land, yes he's a bit of a nut, but he's also just lost a years 'work' and his home. In my eyes he's got an excellent

wont comment on your prediciment mate,as i know very little about land laws.but i do hope you can sort something out,as it will be lot of hassle if you get thrown off at this time of the year.i didnt

Guy and girls,   Please don't use emotive language and prejudice against Milegajo, although it will be water of a ducks back for him.   I have had the pleasure of getting to know him and his lov

Posted Images

why ask the man to answer your questions,then just ignore what he says.no i dont think he should be keeping kids in that caravan.but there not my kids so its really none of my business.im sure if the kids were unhealthy due to living in that box,social services would have been to see him.through schools,or even the dog walkers who i gather spoke to the family.its not for me living like that,but hey were all different.plenty gypos do it,and some on here defend them to the hilt.

I'm sure as all fathers he has his childrens best interest at heart, and maybe the caravan was a stop gap until he had built his Hobbit house..... surely the point is you can't roll up onto some land, take it as your own, start with a caravan, whilst you build an Eco house....... or am I missing something :hmm:

Milegajo you said..... "I was also not willing since it would entail costs I was not willing to pay as well as the inconvenience. Transport, other than taxi, was a challenge as no buses serve the area and I did not fancy walking and catching a train because another man, as I saw it, was throwing his money around"

Why didn't you use that truck you use to tow that shoebox around ?????

Oh man this is the funniest thing I have ever read.

You got a formal notice from the Court but you sent it back because you solely determined that a Court hearing wasn't necessary.

Are you on the proverbial crack pipe?

I should print this thread out and put it on my roses - I've never seen so much flowery BS in my life.

• Like 1

ach were no supposed to do a lot of things,but that dont stop us. hobbit house?have no idea what that even means lol

I agree we all do a lot of things we shouldn't, but I personally do all I can to give my children the protection they need, setting up home where you know you shouldn't be and holding out for the heavies to come and turf you out, doesn't really give the young uns a stable home life.....

I'm genuinely interested if Miles really believed he could make a permanent base in the land he set up on.... I'm sure there was talk of a small dwelling ( hobbit house) being built on the site...

nothing wrong with those wee dwelling homes. actually quite cool

If your names tinky winky or dipsy.............. :D

fooking la la :laugh:

nothing wrong with those wee dwelling homes. actually quite cool

If your names tinky winky or dipsy.............. :D

fooking la la :laugh:

Lol

If the Deeds are not in the hands of this "bullying land owner", who do you think owns the land?

What are the rules on living on common land?

Surely all land in this country is owned by someone, and you can not just park up and do as you please.... can you?

There are small loopholes etc where if a person inhabits some land or builds a fence round it or something like that after x amount of years (12 i think) it belongs to the person who has taken it. Milegajo am sure will know the laws more though.

I have a house full of stuff i no longer have receipts for but it doesnt mean someone can come and help themselves...

I just know from looking at BUYING land to build a small place on in the last few years how difficult it is..... I've talked to alot of people on different loopholes in the laws,depending on types of land etc, put a log cabin on for so many years then replace for a permenant dwelling , BUY the land and live in a caravan and eventually you can build, taking on small scale farming ( hens, pigs etc) to overide agricultrual rules........ I own my house and eventually I sale it and get a bit of land of my own........ I just don't understand the concept of pulling up onto somebody elses land and setting up home...... if you can't afford to buy it, surely you can't have it :hmm:

You would have thought so wouldnt you, there are 2 similar rules i think that relate but i dont know them well so someone feel free to correct me!

first is the right to access, so if you have walked on a field for over 12 years and the owner hasnt stopped you, i think you sort of get the right to continue doing so after 12 years is up.

The other one relates to vacant possession (i think is the term). If you see a bit of land that looks vacant. Build a fence around it and maintain the boundary for over 12 years without someone pulling it down, its yours.

If the Deeds are not in the hands of this "bullying land owner", who do you think owns the land?

What are the rules on living on common land?

Surely all land in this country is owned by someone, and you can not just park up and do as you please.... can you?

There are small loopholes etc where if a person inhabits some land or builds a fence round it or something like that after x amount of years (12 i think) it belongs to the person who has taken it. Milegajo am sure will know the laws more though.

I have a house full of stuff i no longer have receipts for but it doesnt mean someone can come and help themselves...

I just know from looking at BUYING land to build a small place on in the last few years how difficult it is..... I've talked to alot of people on different loopholes in the laws,depending on types of land etc, put a log cabin on for so many years then replace for a permenant dwelling , BUY the land and live in a caravan and eventually you can build, taking on small scale farming ( hens, pigs etc) to overide agricultrual rules........ I own my house and eventually I sale it and get a bit of land of my own........ I just don't understand the concept of pulling up onto somebody elses land and setting up home...... if you can't afford to buy it, surely you can't have it :hmm:

You would have thought so wouldnt you, there are 2 similar rules i think that relate but i dont know them well so someone feel free to correct me!

first is the right to access, so if you have walked on a field for over 12 years and the owner hasnt stopped you, i think you sort of get the right to continue doing so after 12 years is up.

The other one relates to vacant possession (i think is the term). If you see a bit of land that looks vacant. Build a fence around it and maintain the boundary for over 12 years without someone pulling it down, its yours.

how would you prove either :hmm: