Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Britt was for the first time single handed from the begining o the end. two digs in first just 6 cubs in the second earth cubs with adult one. britt did great mixing and baying. first may be 45 min totaly mute just fighting after reciving some punishement start to bay more but sill trying for full contact. stayed untill dug to.

24032012310.jpg

24032012313.jpg

24032012314.jpg

24032012312.jpg

• Like 1

Britt was for the first time single handed from the begining o the end. two digs in first just 6 cubs in the second earth cubs with adult one. britt did great mixing and baying. first may be 45 min totaly mute just fighting after reciving some punishement start to bay more but sill trying for full contact. stayed untill dug to.

24032012310.jpg

24032012313.jpg

24032012314.jpg

24032012312.jpg

very well done mate... love that lakeland in the back, is he a good dog?

24032012310.jpg

24032012313.jpg

24032012314.jpg

24032012312.jpg

very well done mate... love that lakeland in the back, is he a good dog?

young one and it s a welsh terrier, promising one.

• 1 month later...

I hope you chaps won't mind me posting on here - but I am very curious about how my dog Ron is bred. The Beddy is very obvious, but we're guessing there's an outcross somewhere. We'd been thinking Beddy/Whippet but I reckon the legs are too short (unless perhaps 3/4 Beddy 1/4 whippet?). Been looking at loads of the photos in this thread and Ron is so much like some of your working Beddies, that there's got to be a link somwehere. Wondering if any of you have any thoughts as to what might be in his breeding? He's just reached 1 year and is 18" TTS. Sorry folks - he's purely a pet (not that I have any problem with working dogs). We got him from a dog rescue back in November aged about 6 months. His first home hadn't worked out. Don't know anything about who bred him - but he would have been born roughly May 2011 and in or near to Oxfordshire? Anyone know of any litters born around then - just in case it helps me find out what he is. So, would love your thoughts as to what breed (apart from Beddy) he is.

Another question - we've never done anything with his coat - lots of the piccies on this thread show them as having curlier coats than Ron's. Do the coats grow back thicker and/or curlier once you've stripped them?

Hope you don't mind helping a novice who doesn't like Beddies with poncey show trims either!

Ron24031204.jpg

• Like 1

I used to see george newcome and his son working his bedlingtons and was never inspired enough to get one.

The best one i saw that he bred was half lakeland and half bedlington, this one was a belter, it was lost from the owners home, he thought it had cleared off hunting and was stuck some where he made a great effort (he was a keeper and soninlaw of the local huntsman) and justly so the thought a great deal of that terrier.

George was blinkered when it came to his bedlingtons

TH

well Mr truffles , judgeing by your questions on other theads you havent been around long or youv e had your head buried in the sand or just an anti fishing , i don t for one minute think you ever met GN just been reading up on him , so stop spouting of about things you know nowt about

• Like 1

I used to see george newcome and his son working his bedlingtons and was never inspired enough to get one.

The best one i saw that he bred was half lakeland and half bedlington, this one was a belter, it was lost from the owners home, he thought it had cleared off hunting and was stuck some where he made a great effort (he was a keeper and soninlaw of the local huntsman) and justly so the thought a great deal of that terrier.

George was blinkered when it came to his bedlingtons

TH

The last thing he was,was blinkered,he recognised the need not to be blinkered when it came to the working side of the breed,when others trod the KC path.
  • 3 weeks later...