Are whippets thick?

this site has some intresting folks on :yes:

I get it, I'm the new kid in the class and the bitchy girls are ganging up. :hmm:

You post a question about whippety,s,then back up your post with Collie,s as a guider,think first,then masterbate,or you will come before youve arrived.

Ive collie cross and he'll chase anything from bag in wind to fox in field it moves he nails it and ive 2 heavily whippet cross dogs just started tonight one followed beam striaght away got 2 back car swapped over dogs took other one put beam on rabbit just sat there lookin at it till got it to run went and missed next one put the beam on and dog was lookin behind it like everything sum are smarter than others dont matter what way your made.Oi the one that caught was my wee mans and mine was tha pie so there one happy 9yr old tonight lol atb flipper

My whippet is a bright wee thing, never had any trouble learning anything I put the time in to teach her. She'll chase rabbits and a lure...but she doesn't think the lure is a rabbit, or even alive...she just takes any excuse to chase and run. Loves it!

Dogs know that a lure is not a living thing. Do dogs that chase a ball think that the ball is alive? Nah. It's just another way to satisfy their drive.

• Like 1

I think they must be pretty dim otherwise why would they chase rabbits one day and then chase a lure on a track the next?

A lurcher or even a greyhound surely wouldn't be fooled if they've seen the real thing?

I'm not criticising them, I love them, I keep two but i don't think they are blessed in the brains department.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

no not at all just some of there owners lol :D Edited by nothernlite

I think they must be pretty dim otherwise why would they chase rabbits one day and then chase a lure on a track the next?

A lurcher or even a greyhound surely wouldn't be fooled if they've seen the real thing?

I'm not criticising them, I love them, I keep two but i don't think they are blessed in the brains department.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

A whippet functions almost exclusively on Prey instinct, which means that when its stimulated by movement not the material causing the movement its needs to ground that energy , the whippet gets loaded it needs to unload it does this by way of the chase,

but when we look at Prey Drive which is a much slower energy transfer as in the case of sheepdog and Shepard we see a dog bred to take instruction while in drive, the sheepdog doesn't need to kill the sheep because it already feels good for him to be in drive it feels good to take instruction if it leads to drive,

one is bred to kill on its own one is bred to herd, fine but what you wont find is a whippet learning to stalk unlike a collie cross, the collie x is in drive while stalking and turns out to be not as effective method of catching as the instinctive method of the whippet,

so is the whippet actually cleverer than the collie x when it comes to knowing how to catch??

• Like 1