How did you get into terrier work?

The local pack had a meet in our village when i was about 12, they hunted well and ran one to ground, i watched as the terrierman arrived and entered a little bitch :boogy:

i held kit for him while he was digging,he broke through,passed me the bitch out to put back on the couple and then showed me the fox in a stop end before he shot it,

i was facinated by what i saw at that young age,and have had a lifetime of terrier's since thank's to him!!!!!!

• Like 6

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The local pack had a meet in our village when i was about 12, they hunted well and ran one to ground, i watched as the terrierman arrived and entered a little bitch i held kit for him while he was d

read a sean frain book and ive took up skiing

It's nice for those of us that have had someone to show us what to do . I feel lucky to have had to had someone show me the right way to go on. I have got a couple of my brothers little lads asking me

used to tag along with older lads from village as youngesters me and the brother to be honest there was nothing else to do then during summer we d fish the local lakes then we started to be taken shooting with our father then got our own guns when we were old enough lucky for us dad encouraged us to hunt so any dogs we landed back with got a kennell it was like animal farm up our back the only rule was if any of the half doors we owned harmed one of the spaniels there would be trouble but it worked out alright ha ha and the rest is history

i was brought up just outside preston. and saw a fella outside a shop with a couple of well bitten terriers. and got chatting. tagged along and hey presto. turned into a lifetime thing :laugh: . the terriers where A, C. bred. not the prettiest but could do the job. been with terriers ever since in one way or another. there was also some decent working terrier shows around there. at that time. :thumbs: around thirty years ago now :icon_eek:

preston as in northwest

yes mate preston lancashire. near wigan/chorley leyland. :thumbs: .

had the odd lurcher before that and did a little ferretting. :thumbs:

growing up my family always had dogs and that-dad keep terriers,pointers for the birds and a lurcher or 2-would nag and kick off to go along and thats where it came from-the best days of my childhood and my memories are all to do do with hunting,fishing,shooting and hopefully the way my 2 kids will go-my son is animal mad and i take him out mooching all the time and hes neally 3-all he talks about is foxes and catching rabbits with the ferrets-get some strange looks when i pick him up from school from his teachers-lol-like i tell them-he is learning about life and death and i couldnt give a f**k what they think it never did me any harm-everyone should be able to feed themselves and survive in my eyes-i will never stop because i f*****g love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!atb :thumbs:

• Like 1

Started ferreting from a young age with my old man, then started going out with my mate and his dad with there terriers digging and going out with lurchers finally after a few years I got my own terrier but was hopless lol, nd now years gone by and I have a lurcher and will be getting a nice little pup in 2 weeks so will get back into digging!

my uncle brought me out lamping with a half bull greyhound first thing we lamped was a hare missed it called a fox in missed and missed another called a young cub in and the only reason he caught it was because the fox jumped the ditch and fell down and the dog jumped on top of him the dog was useless and missed most stuff we put him on but he was the dog that i got my first fox with and i hunted on and never looked back sadly he got pts couple of weeks after that as he was a useless bit of dirt lol