poisonous food for dogs as informed by vet

They say chocolate is poison to a dog. And I don't doubt it is, if have in large amount,but I gave mine an occasional bar. Like Kay said , just be sensible. I wouldn't buy it a selection box lol

It certainly is. A lad I know lost his best terrier when his dopey mot fed the dog a few squares of dark chocolate!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i only feed anti freeze once the temp drops below -3,i find they are not stiff in morning...chocolate killed a dog i once had,it ran out into road to pick up a half eaten mars and got run down by a lo

Garlic is absolutely fine for dogs ... To much onion causes Heinz anaemia .........

Did he/she say the best thing to feed them was the stuff they sell in the waiting room? Lol

I throw out the salad from my kebab into the back garden and mine eat the lettuce ,tomato and onions :blink: feed them sweet corn yesterday and found out today like us they cant digest it :laugh: :laugh:

anti freeze is deadly to dogs.. . . . .

I wasn't suggesting feeding anti freeze haha.....anti freeze is deadly to just about everything

i only feed anti freeze once the temp drops below -3,i find they are not stiff in morning...chocolate killed a dog i once had,it ran out into road to pick up a half eaten mars and got run down by a lorry...

Ya beauty ! Pmsl

calm down plz dont shoot the messenger maybe i shud elaborate my lurcher was causing me concern and i run it by an 84 yr old poacher who has had dogs all his life and happens to be my father and he stated thaat dog is sickening ! thus the visit to the vets and informing him of the dogs symptoms he4 was given a morphine inj plus antibiotic inj and kaogel med and insructions to not give him the foods i hav stated in orig post........ yes my dog too has enjoyed spag bol containg onions with a cream sultana scone 4 desert on numerous occasions and still here!!!. but was told by the vet that these foods build up toxins over a period of time in the dog and shud not be given.

But bob martin does garlic tablets and iv herd garlic is best flea like and my dog has half ov this and never had any probs with them vets are in it for the money iv worked with them and if the isnt money involved they dont one a no

But bob martin does garlic tablets and iv herd garlic is best flea like and my dog has half ov this and never had any probs with them vets are in it for the money iv worked with them and if the isnt money involved they dont one a no

no cash incentive for vet ! was instructed to keep to my daily feeding but to avoid foods previousley stated! i consider it to have been a stomach upset as hes back to the dog he was. thank god !