Bedlington Terriers for ground work

rillington beddies used to be ok for ground working a long time ago a mate had one was very hard to ground and dug to it many a time , i think the rillinton have long gone !! but might be some about look nowt like these things now tho anyone else had them firery fcukers bigish but got there tell turth looked like woofie bit smaller about 14/15

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9 posts and slagging people,s dogs off that you know nothing about ive dug to the sire of rory,s dog on a good few occasion,s he,s a good earthdog the dam was a good

The first 2 pics was a joke

heartbreak lies at the end of that path.

just got a pup its a 1/4 lakey 3/4 beddy her dam s 14tts and bin dug to sier s 14 an1/2 tts it seem keen as any terrer iv seen and it loves fighting with my bull x and my sal/wip/gr at the same time i got to split them up all the time as the beddy pup gets a bit agressiv and the lurchers get a bit pisst off with her i got this pup for a allrounder ie ferreting bushing ratting and when i think it s reddy ill try it out digging and see how it turnes out i was told by lads off the WBF onership plays a part in a good worker

just got a pup its a 1/4 lakey 3/4 beddy her dam s 14tts and bin dug to sier s 14 an1/2 tts it seem keen as any terrer iv seen and it loves fighting with my bull x and my sal/wip/gr at the same time i got to split them up all the time as the beddy pup gets a bit agressiv and the lurchers get a bit pisst off with her i got this pup for a allrounder ie ferreting bushing ratting and when i think it s reddy ill try it out digging and see how it turnes out i was told by lads off the WBF onership plays a part in a good worker

what lads was that on wbf,as some of them wouldnt know one end of a dog from the other and some dont even own dogs.in saying that there is some good lads on there who know their stuff and dont talk utter bollox.good luck with your pup,who bred it Edited by workinwhippet

what lads was that on wbf,as some of them wouldnt know one end of a dog from the other and some dont even own dogs.in saying that there is some good lads on there who know their stuff and dont talk utter bollox.good luck with your pup,who bred it

If you don,t put the graft in,no terrier will make,a good beddy is an excellent addition to the team,whippety did,nt they suss you out on the wbf and you left dragging your tail.

I know very little about beddies but do they have their tales docked like other working terriers? If not why? Or is there a sensible reason?

Beddys were prominent in the early Lakey and black fell breeding,they seem to have coped well enough with an entire tail,mind you their appearance better lends itself to a full tail,a Lakey or Fell type does,nt,some say a terrier at work is restricted with a full tail,which i find hard to accept,i feel its more for appearance than anything else.
  • Like 1