hunt,jump,feck and fight,wheel a barrow and ride a kite

Edited by morton

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the right hands they can be trained to do pretty much anything any other cross can do .The problem is that 75% of bull crosses have probably got more brains and sense than their owners so dont get

Bringing on my young dog this season.. can’t wait to start showing him bits and pieces, most forward dog I’ve ever owned. He’s currently 28” tts I’d say he’s done growing. Plenty of pace and very swit

This terrier first cross made 28. ?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

The must have bin some dogs owd lad

The majority of lurchers once had the aptitude to do lurcher work and owners that could show them the path,now the lurchers capable are thin on the ground and the owners skinnier,thats a fact.

• Like 2
Just now, Bearfoot said:

It's hunt  jump canny work and don't give a fck ?

It was once a lurcher,it had to hunt,to find,it had to jump,to keep up,it had to be canny to earn its keep and we never gave a feck,ever.We worked the useless mongrels to their potential and bred them to do the same.Now they are bred with little purpose to serve folk with the same ambition,on the whole.

Just now, ands said:

Given the chance (and training!) there's no reason what so ever  the bull x can't turn its self to any job- perhaps the only thing thats thin on the ground is the people that bother?

Thats my biggest gripe now,folk that think they can polish a turd and have little real idea of whats actually expected from an Allrounder.The vast,vast majority own what they perceive to be an allrounder,the vast,vast majority of which are suited to modern lurcher ownership.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, morton said:

Anything in front of it,as long as it was edible or a pest.It had to find it before it chased it,it had to be able to chase it to catch it and it had to do it well.The olde adverts in the exchange and mart where often followed by HJKC,most on here won,t understand that,what i expected was HJFFWBRB.

So what can yours do of the above Morton that a 3/4 grey / bull  or a 5/8 can't alot of bullxs are natural retrievers and eager to please and easy trained unlike beddy influenced dogs  i bet the bull x can dig in deeper when needed and tested properly will be  a alrounder and find that extra gear when needed more than your mutts I suspect