Guest Leveller

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a couple from last night, two steady dogs and not a lead in sight    

How can you know someone by talking in messages and on a forum? People can write and say anything and come over completley different on a forum.   Cookie is a victim of his own bluntness, I think a

Mu mum always said, most of the time it's not what you say that gets you in trouble, but how you say it.

got a spot near me that has a bank that runs for nearly a kilometer its riddled with holes its been like that for at least the 30 years i can remember i would hate to count the amount of holes on it but would possibly put it over 500 over the years i have taken a good few from this bank and lost as many again over time the holes have been joined together and i should think that they are all connected at somepoint or another i use the dog now to tell me where the rabbits are and just ferret that spot with the long nets and a few purse nets on the top bank

We did a old railway embankment ran three long nets along the top and purse netted 500 /600 hundred holes put in eighteen ferrets at a time ,when the action slowed down we picked up the purse nets then swung the longnets round and reset the purse nets some sarnies and start again . after we finished we would do the back of the banking it never had as many holes or rabbits . Used to get a pile the first few times then the old guy died and his son took over re fenced the lot ploughed the fields and it was hard to get a good bag ,where we used to get fancy coloured ones you where lucky to get a few , and last year i only got two

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Just out of interest a subject came up on another thread and I didn't want to hijack that one but the member stated

"Some of my warrens are 500 holers"

I know it's quite easy to get blinkered and the fact it says "some" would suggest he has a few of this size I don't know the area he is in and I certainly haven't ferreted every square inch of this island but out of curiosity do may others have 500 holers they work?

Well judging by the replies of some members you can see I am not the only person who has very large warrens.

Unlike some pro rabbit catchers I dont shy away from such areas as how can you offer a complete service if you shake your head and think O thats a bit big for me to make money :laugh: .

ATB Cookie happy squabbling between yourselfs :thumbs:

We do a lot of ferreting/shooting on the south downs in sussex and there are loads of warrens that stretch from the bottom to nearly to the top they are massive built in chalk and very deep we have done a few of the smaller big uns over the years but they are bloody hard work all the long and purse nets you can find 12 ferrets and they still run the ferrets round all day loads of the warrens are so big they are impossible to do anything with anyone that knows the south downs will know what i mean

I have some really ancient very deep places in very sand soil, maybe some go 100-200 holes, (god knows how many holes as i dont count them) It's always alot of effort for little reward, due to the depth of them.

Guest Leveller

Well judging by the replies of some members you can see I am not the only person who has very large warrens.

Unlike some pro rabbit catchers I dont shy away from such areas as how can you offer a complete service if you shake your head and think O thats a bit big for me to make money :laugh: .

Yeah fair play you really socked it to me on this I'm sorry

• Like 3

Just out of interest a subject came up on another thread and I didn't want to hijack that one but the member stated

I know it's quite easy to get blinkered and the fact it says "some" would suggest he has a few of this size I don't know the area he is in and I certainly haven't ferreted every square inch of this island but out of curiosity do may others have 500 holers they work?

aye you fxcking tell them Cookie lad :D

I have never shed away from a warren in my life ... In fact cookie I have a nice little job coming up on a railway embankment soon why don't you come along and show me how it's done .... It's a real easy place HONEST ...........

• Like 1

now i dont know much about contract pest controlling...........................some rabbit control companies charge by the day to come down and give it a bash............................and if this is the case it dont really matter where or what the warrens are like.....................as there getting paid anyway...........

controlling in hard places where your going to struggle for numbers .........................you would be better off doing a day rate..............but if your income is based on catch rate your obviously going to struggle in such places.....................which is part the parcel with any jobs.....

some jobs are easy and make good money and some are hard work........and you may loose a bit

my conclusion would be day rate for the hard places.........and catch rate for the easier places...............trouble is people will prefer the catch rate as they know what there getting for there money.........................

i suppose the bonus on top of this is selling the rabbits on top........cookie a pest contoller can t pick and choose jobs as no one would use them..............they take the rough with the smooth........................i just cant believe that you think your the only one that has hard warrens or that is what you imply................

and if i was you i would of gone down with socks and that ...........not to match your self but to enjoy how others do it :victory:

• Like 1

I have never shed away from a warren in my life ... In fact cookie I have a nice little job coming up on a railway embankment soon why don't you come along and show me how it's done .... It's a real easy place HONEST ...........

Is it paid SOCKS I charge £225 a day now so if you can pay me that then great

And will I be insured to be on the railway embankment as I know there strict insurance regs for working them my NFU insurance will not cover me due to the railways firms want 25 million cover .

Cheers Cookie

My insurance covers 50,000,000 cookie and I will happily sub the job down to you for £225 ... I shall enjoy being taught how to ferret properly .........

Railways far to big a headache I stick to my 3 holers thanks pays alot better no money in big warrens :laugh:

Geninue man to man , you rude abrasive and say I talk bollocks why would I want to have a day out with you I have diffrent opinions on certain working of ferts and dogs that all and is there a proper way to catch a few rabbits.

Either your going to lump me or end up with a big barney so all honesty there little point in meeting.

With all the best will in the world we not going to get on :thumbs:

But your not the and the in crowd are not the only persons to catch coneys for a living there are others .

The clicky natural of the clan is funny.

Have a good season ATB Cookie