Big warrens???

Guest Leveller

There is still NO way two dogs on slips are more useful than two well schooled ferreting dogs, on a warren of any size, quite simply you posted some utter rubbish Cookiemuncher ;) It's an insult to the lads who put plenty of hours into there dogs to get them to that standard.

Like I said previously there is alot of differnce between a dog that is taken ferreting and has to work from a slip, to one who is a well versed ferreting dog, Its chalk and cheese and if you cant see that, you cant have much experience with dogs or ferreting.

Good luck Sirius

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a couple from last night, two steady dogs and not a lead in sight    

How can you know someone by talking in messages and on a forum? People can write and say anything and come over completley different on a forum.   Cookie is a victim of his own bluntness, I think a

Mu mum always said, most of the time it's not what you say that gets you in trouble, but how you say it.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

To say I cant have much experience at working ferrets or dogs is truly laughable I dont think there one THL member who has worked with me and thats for good reason and the replies hightlight why I stay clear of that side of the hunting world,

Life brings many things but to judge a person over the internet without meeting them in the flesh at the end the day its opinions that others dont agree thats all.

I am not mistreating my pugs mutts etc all I am doing is sometimes working a diffrent way to the many books.

Its like pigeon shooting some like to set a decoy pattern one way and another likes to do it another way we dont end up with a huge slagging off of the member whos trying something diffrent.

ATB Cookie

To say I cant have much experience at working ferrets or dogs is truly laughable I dont think there one THL member who has worked with me and thats for good reason and the replies hightlight why I stay clear of that side of the hunting world,

Life brings many things but to judge a person over the internet without meeting them in the flesh at the end the day its opinions that others dont agree thats all.

I am not mistreating my pugs mutts etc all I am doing is sometimes working a diffrent way to the many books.

Its like pigeon shooting some like to set a decoy pattern one way and another likes to do it another way we dont end up with a huge slagging off of the member whos trying something diffrent.

ATB Cookie

im sorry mate i disagree ..........when ferreting what ever warrens (as long as its not near cliffs etc, that could be fatal to a dog) dogs should work loose............cant see there is different way for ferrets ,nets and dogs....................what ever pleases you...................i wont be annoying you on this thread any more ........... you probably are a nice guy and set in your old ways ........good luck :thumbs:

ATB Cookie

Well certainly not on Pigeon Watch , because you have been banned from there.

to be fair though, its not hard to get your marching orders from the PW forum....

:yes: mate and all Cookie did was have a bit banter but other members got him booted as they didn't like his views and posts.I've never met him but I know that he has done a fair bit ferreting :thumbs:

to be fair though, its not hard to get your marching orders from the PW forum....

:yes: mate and all Cookie did was have a bit banter but other members got him booted as they didn't like his views and posts.I've never met him but I know that he has done a fair bit ferreting :thumbs:

fair point, but how do you know if you have never met him.

fair point, but how do you know if you have never met him.

Because I talk to him in messages mate ;)

He was booted off by the moderators, not the general members.

Well certainly not on Pigeon Watch , because you have been banned from there.

Bit harder than the Poachers Rest Forum I should think. :yes:

He was booted off by the moderators, not the general members.

:yes: Too many complaints about him I think :thumbs: , I'm on there under a different username and try not to mention lurchers too much :D

Mu mum always said, most of the time it's not what you say that gets you in trouble, but how you say it.

True mate, you should join pigeon watch and post about the running dogs :angel::D

I have never had trouble on Pigeon watch apart from Cookiemonster cunting mine and Inan's dogs. And to be honest they are more sensible than some of the twats that hang around on here......................

True mate, you should join pigeon watch and post about the running dogs :angel::D

I have never had trouble on Pigeon watch apart from Cookiemonster cunting mine and Inan's dogs. And to be honest they are more sensible than some of the twats that hang around on here......................

:yes: :yes: He thought I was you to start with :laugh: