poacher patrol

best advice i ever had off an old boy years ago `if your out and about with the dogs, permision or not and you see someone you dont recognise, always turn and walk in the opposite dirrection` served me well for years :thumbs:

lol that bloke must of been a genius...................if i was poaching i wouldnt be walking up to anybody lol

good common sense that......

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did not used to mind a bit of sneaking about on foot which never caused any harm..it these 4 x4 lad's that are tear arsing around the crop field that have caused all these problem's..that we have to

Not everyone is as lucky as yourself Whin and can drive the land without any hassle or not have to travel from their doorsteps to work their dogs... permission is great but nigh on impossible to get i

If you have a right to be there and your hassled by police complain.   If your poaching, you run the gauntlet and take your chance or go somewhere else.

Lets face it some area,s have always been on top whether now or in the past. I can remember the regular poacher watch and clampdown in the south lakes over nearly fifteen years ago yet myself and other teams of lads still ran out this way and did a bit of business ( historically speaking of course ). Sometimes in life you just got to take a chance on things if you want results, just tread very carefully and always watch your back :thumbs: But these days its just rats and rabbits on permo with the way it is ! :victory: Cheers Atb

• Like 1

WERE i go theres a watch scheme, pains some times as they never ask you, they just phone the old bill, as there normally old folk, i had a word with the cops, they said phone them before i go up and make sure they know my car reg so if they get contacted they can set them strait

But lets be fair if youve got permission last thing you want is some one taking your game or casing up the place for stuff to rob

It doesn't help when people openly brag and seem to gloat about chases ect a proper poacher would never admit to poaching or even being a hunting man especially on a open forum best way is to stay under the radar :angel:

• Like 3

always will be poaching when there no public land to hunt , never looked at it as a big deal you just youse your knowledge and feild craft , scotland has always been like that ,its only when you travel to new areas without local knowledge it get a bit more difficult, never agreed with driving sown crops, stubble setaside grass, wheat corn thats a mans livly hood , if you have a job or work youle not stand on another mans, earner , simple as ,there poachers and them that are clueless

Edited by BLACKWATER...
  • Like 3

some of them are daft enough to poach and tape it on a daft phone ,whatever ,nowadays then sqeel when they get nabbed ,better in and out catch your game and get home safely , no vids dvds gang handed , etc ,ive hunted most of my life while some dont agree localy were im from , they no guys that love the chase from just pure eejits and theives who are disrespectfull , had some great nites and early mornings

theres no problem that i know of down near me, probably might be some sort of prats like that the other side of the county, my only worry is pig choppers seeing my t200 if they have the right camera on :hunter:

so its just a bunch of bell-ends .driving round acting like their the 5 0..what they gonna do hold you there till the old bill turn up......lol

your not far off lol, had a bit bother with them up boulmer way last season. They just follow you and ring the police. We got swamped on A1 off a load of police after the patrol followed us for a while haha

embleton was a night mare last year for me haha

always will be poaching when there no public land to hunt , never looked at it as a big deal you just youse your knowledge and feild craft , scotland has always been like that ,its only when you travel to new areas without local knowledge it get a bit more difficult, never agreed with driving sown crops, stubble setaside grass, wheat corn thats a mans livly hood , if you have a job or work youle not stand on another mans, earner , simple as ,there poachers and them that are clueless

Not everyone is as lucky as yourself Whin and can drive the land without any hassle or not have to travel from their doorsteps to work their dogs... permission is great but nigh on impossible to get in most areas that i know of as there is always others already with it,estate owned or whatever?...if your lucky to have some good hunting land on permission then fair play as i know it doesn't come easy? Poaching was here long before any of us were and will be long after we have all exited this land...if you decide to run the gauntlet and the shit hits the fan then be prepared to pay the piper ;) ... the days of a kick up the arse and told to feck off have long gone.... these days the penalties really can be severe if you decide to go over the fence where the grass is greener :whistling: ...ATB Andy. :victory:

• Like 4

like andy says permission round me is nigh impossible with lurchers and some shooting lads paying top dollar just for a small farm or two so i have to run the risk but if your sensible and know the area you can still get goodnights if your willing to take the gamble but some spots are just to hot to run that risk of losing the dogs and motor and your lucky whin that you have it on your door step because i know good lads that have had enough now and are packing up with the heat they now get as for some its just to much hassle

• Like 2

:hmm: With folk that would do you harm,.( poacher watchers,..antis or otherwise) it is best to be civil,..be cautious,..be aware of their mind set,...then,.treat them like young mushrooms.

Feed them plenty of good wholesome shit,..and keep them,.. forever in the dark.... :thumbs: