working fox terriers..............

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one comes out ratting with us.    

The Original IMPORTS to Germany in the 1920,WHERE out of a litter of FOXTERRIERS, that had Black Tan Markings that the German hunters required ,DUE to their Eugenics/Nationalist reasons in their progr

Next doors is the same, he can't shut the b*****d up either:(

Posted Images

used to keep rockinhearts line of fox terrier here.

the dogs that did work were very hard, the bitches werent as hard.

had some good sport with them. they were bad for fighting thought.

any pics of rockinhearts lines??

sorry old school, i dont. that was a while ago when i had them.

i got a dog in n. ireland once, derry, solmoman banks end he was called, woody for short.

he was a good dog, but very hard, loved pain. great nose, just as good as any hound, but a fecker to fight.

a man by the name of s hartigan and his father kept that prefex for his fox terriers all show stuff they also kept welsh terriers show stuff also he was never a digging man he keeps deerhounds now.

Mad4, take a look at Blaise's thread in Write Up section. They're using them in France. I've seen a couple of Fox Terrier x working terrier years ago and they did a job but never seen a full modern KC working. The simple fact is that the type of dog that I think you're referring to is purely a product of the show ring. They were developed from a working terrier stamp originally by crazy people who mis-interpreted the breed standard and once they started they couldn't stop and ended up with a caricature of a terrier. I'm not saying that they're incapable of work just that they were not developed for it. Compare a KC registered Greyhound with a track or coursing bred dog. Same thing.

• Like 1

Sounds interesting leethdog.

Would like to see one that constantly does the work. The ones I kepth the bitches were a good size for working but some of the dog's were to big.

Atb j

Like most parts of Europe they dig more species than us

attachicon.giff6262702b145a6a1da4a82118383c10d.jpgattachicon.giff6262702b145a6a1da4a82118383c10d.jpg

A KC Greyhound. Shares many of the correct show points with the KC Fox Terrier. Would you put money on it ?

attachicon.giff6262702b145a6a1da4a82118383c10d.jpgattachicon.giff6262702b145a6a1da4a82118383c10d.jpg

A KC Greyhound. Shares many of the correct show points with the KC Fox Terrier. Would you put money on it ?

the kennel club have a lot to answer for imagine that running up clonmel the weekend gone.

• Like 1