QUICK PIC OF EURO KITS 3 WEEKS OLD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im reading the working replies and thinking thats what my ordinary ferrets do

jamie not being funny lad but who are you all you do is take the micky out of everybody cant you get a life instead of pulling people down enough said DM

Nice looking litter of dark ferret kits there mate.

Posted Images

Just read TOMOs reply and I agree with him. Whether or not to charge for kits/pups to relative strangers is always debateable but essentially a ferret is a ferret regardless of whether it has wild poley blood in it or not.

I wouldn't have even considered a kit with poley blood in it before last year. I trust Penny and Andy so gave them a go. And I appreciate their kindness. :thumbs:

i all ways thought a ferret was a ferret. but after reading the last couple of posts them eu,s sound good. oh and nice pics them dm :victory: .

I don't want to cause any hype over these ferrets mate. I don't want people thinking they are the next big thing, the next must have etc. I still believe that a good ferret is exactly that, it doesn't need poley blood. And to be honest A LOT are taking advantage of this 'must have poley blood' hype. What I will say to anyone after kits, just look for the best bred kits you can find but if they have poley in don't be affraid to give them a go if you trust the breeder.

Like I said, with mine I still feel it is early days but the jills have impressed me. The hob I feel at this point is just average, not bad but no superstar. He's quite enjoying himself shagging the summer away though! :laugh:

I will not breed anymore kits for a very very long time..I only bred a litter because i wanted a couple of Jills for myself. . the time and effort and costs far outweigh any money thats to be gained.

Ive just bought another Freezer to keep on top of the amount of game im feeding the buggers..lol.

I wouldnt dream of asking any money for my kits...but would be very happy knowing they are going to friends and hopefully people who know how to look after them properly... I have been phoning around friends and family trying to find homes for a couple of runts that no one will want for working...its sometimes hard to just give them away to the right owners.

Spoke to another mate the other day offering him a kit of mine...he said no but you can have one of my micros if ya want... For a tenner...cheeky tw.t.. lol.

i all ways thought a ferret was a ferret. but after reading the last couple of posts them eu,s sound good. oh and nice pics them dm :victory: .

I don't want to cause any hype over these ferrets mate. I don't want people thinking they are the next big thing, the next must have etc. I still believe that a good ferret is exactly that, it doesn't need poley blood. And to be honest A LOT are taking advantage of this 'must have poley blood' hype. What I will say to anyone after kits, just look for the best bred kits you can find but if they have poley in don't be affraid to give them a go if you trust the breeder.

Like I said, with mine I still feel it is early days but the jills have impressed me. The hob I feel at this point is just average, not bad but no superstar. He's quite enjoying himself shagging the summer away though! :laugh:

i wont mate the bog standard ferret will do me well enough.

Some would say that EU hybrids are just a myth, started by those who wanted to make more money selling dark ferrets, perpetuated by the gullible souls who believed them.

Similar to the selective breeding of runt to runt to make the super micro ferrets we all hear about.

Some would say that EU hybrids are just a myth, started by those who wanted to make more money selling dark ferrets, perpetuated by the gullible souls who believed them.

Similar to the selective breeding of runt to runt to make the super micro ferrets we all hear about.

And "some would say" you don't have a farts clue what you are talking about.

As a point of note, I have never sold a kit for financial gain.

'Hywel' timestamp='1339801088' post='2668183']

'Tug' timestamp='1339782272' post='2667555']

And "some would say" you don't have a farts clue what you are talking about.

As a point of note, I have never sold a kit for financial gain.

Maybe you havent mate good for you what about the rest a mention of Silver in some adverts the price is dearer and the mythical bew theres a guy wanting £50 each on here for them ,some guys are wanting the same for a eu poley .

cant remember the last time i sold a kit,, i preffer to give them away hopfully to friends or at least lads i hope will look after them..

of course saying this i think ferrets are to easy to get for free,,,, and it might be good if ferrets were worth a lot more..... trouble is i kind of contradict myself by giving them away :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :D

how many do you want malt,,,,, 1 or 11 :D

If your passing up this way Tomo i'll give one a go ;)

Thanks for the replys Tomo and Born Hunter, and like the other guys said, any positive comment describing the ability of these dark animals as a working animal is no different from any normal good working ferret or polecat. (or what one should be!)

I think any animal bred from anything can turn out to be a great worker, chances are here in England go back a few generations, that a ferret might have come from a working background, from my experiences more make the grade when bred worker to worker.

Any shape, colour, make up of ferret that i have seen, under the ground dont work any different, (apart from the micros getting thrown about due to size issues).

Only when you get an animal up top out of the holes do the poley types sometimes become a bit harder to handle, a bit sharper and faster, sometimes taking off after the dogs!

Dont get me wrong some are a dream to handle, but a bigger percentage seem a little harder to catch up once the job is done, i only put this down to the better eyesight from a black eyed animal, rather than an albino.

I reckon if ratting was on the agenda, or nailing flighty rabbits through open areas of rocks or cover, then a black eyed animal would have a greater advantage over an albino with its better eyesight.

This year, first time since 2008 i am breeding to replace my ageing stock, two of albino jills are due to pop any day now, bred with another local albino male from good working stock. These are the animals i will have most confidence in replacing my stock.

The abandoned poley jill i have that showed its worth last year, was caged with my recently deceased albino hob 'Spike' did not throw anything out, maybee a phantom, but as she has come back into season, am toying with the idea of breeding her back to one of Spike's offspring, a big dark poley hob.

It seems a lot of kits to be throwing out, but i have not bred since 2008, all the animals are proven, and a decent handfull will be staying with me.

I will have surplus, without a doubt, most will be given away, some may make, and some will not, i hope the ones that dont make never get bred from.

Again i'll be hoping that the poley types will be better workers, and will be better to handle than the albino's. after xmas they will all be tested, and sorted, and probs once again the albino's will have more plus points.

Only time will tell!

Maybe you havent mate good for you what about the rest a mention of Silver in some adverts the price is dearer and the mythical bew theres a guy wanting £50 each on here for them ,some guys are wanting the same for a eu poley .

I agree, asking that sort of money for ferrets and Euro's is ridiculous.