MINSHAW .....

This was the best dog i've ever owned,well it caught the most gear of any dog i've ever owned anyway! Nowt to look at,no swagger in the field either but he would run until the sun came up,hunt all day with the terriers and go and do the same the very next night :thumbs: ..he was born on the 20th of July 1985..we still talk of him in our house pretty regularly :D ..Minshaw bred or Collie x call him what you will? He had no muscle definition at all :huh: even though,i used to run him 16 mile per day beside the motorbike on the beach during the hunting season and he could go out the same night and still run "a lot" :yes: ..i've not really got to mentioning him too much in this thread as i currently have another wee project going on about him ;) ..but i'll definately get round to him for certain! This was MY hero..the Bulpa dog as a wee un :notworthy: ...ATB Andy. ;)

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 5

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Shr was my favourite dog and a absolute pleasuree to own. Aweseome!!

what size tts was she

She was just short of 24"

When i get in the laptop i'll put some more pics on of her. Because this phone does my head in. Bloody touch screen!

my bitch out of Maurice is very similar in stamp and size she only 14 month not done a lot yet but showing great promise

who ate all the pies

lampingdales241011003.jpg

using the same knife u hocked the rabbits with to cut the pie haha that was a hard night, i had young jackson with me along the tops and we wer soaked to the bone. 58 bunnys and a big un that night.
  • Like 1

This was from one of my favourite nights out, me mw-89 and scotty went fairly local. We didnt get a big bag just got a mixed bag. and i can remember being upto the balls in a stream haha. We got a hare, fox, roe n couple of rabbits. like i said all perfectly legal!

DSC01579-1.jpg

PICT0721.jpg

Different night with same lads... Them partridges where clapping like suffolk rabbits haha

GinnyTaraandLucy54Rabbits.jpg

• Like 4

Does anybody know the cross in which there are made up of? Heard a few different theorys but nothing concrete, thinking about getting one....?

Well mate if you've read the last 60 odd pages you will of realised that they are just "hype" dogs!! Nowt other than average at best...steer clear of them if i was you fella :D ..oh and Dean best dog on there is Ruby the Pomeranian in the 1st pic..Ginny was ok'ish i suppose? :tongue2:

Didnt mind the pearlys! I'd love to own another like her. She took absolute everything. She ran on any land. Just a small thing but had plenty of speed, loads of wind. I recon when i had her at her peak. I dont think i'll be far wrong in saying she could of done the 100 by her self i geuss i'll never no but i'd of loved to try it with her. She always ran the last like she did the first. And she's flattened many of batteries haha!

DSC00125.jpg

• Like 5

Does anybody know the cross in which there are made up of? Heard a few different theorys but nothing concrete, thinking about getting one....?

Well mate if you've read the last 60 odd pages you will of realised that they are just "hype" dogs!! Nowt other than average at best...steer clear of them if i was you fella :D ..oh and Dean best dog on there is Ruby the Pomeranian in the 1st pic..Ginny was ok'ish i suppose? :tongue2:

I didn't see you handing competions out when I had her... She'd of ran your Don dog into ground :laugh:

I might give you a pup in a few years when I breed another like her?

I've got it all planned :whistling:

One thing i will say about both my lads they can certainly condition a dog..Ginny Spinner was only a youngster when he had Ginny and he done all the work in getting her into the condition she was in on the pics,he trained her from the day he got her off Joe so credit wheres credit is due..personally i think that she was his dog in a lifetime? Maybe not but i'd be surprised if she wasn't? :victory: ..oh and Don would of kicked it's arse and YOU know it son..he's with a proper dog man :tongue2:

• Like 1

Here's Ginny with Jazz....Jazz was litter sister to Giro's old Bitch Ruby that he still has running now...she was a lot bigger than Ginny,have a look at the 2nd pic? ATB Andy. :victory:

• Like 2

heres one with pritch,and his black minshaw bitch lilly i think her name is,,and my kelpie

DSCF1159.jpg

i know it's you birthday tomo but dont blame old age that isnt pritch thats mark and his bitch lilly haha you old fecker all the best

i know it's you birthday tomo but dont blame old age that isnt pritch thats mark and his bitch lilly haha you old fecker all the best

Happy 50th birthday Tomo matey,cards in the post :D ..have a good un and nice one on making the 1,000th post :censored: ..i wanted to do that :laugh: ..ATB Andy. :thumbs: