MINSHAW .....

This red dog here on the left was out of the above Greyhound and Bulpa..this dog had some strike on him! He had good pace,not the strongest stayer but nevertheless he was handy enough,he took fox single handed and loved the bigger stuff,my brother owned the dog but he just dropped dead on him one day while out for a walk? He was then dogless so i gave him the dog on the right of this picture lol..both sired by Bulpa,the big dog Jack out of the Grey and Patch out of the white & brindle bitch Jess whom i've posted a few pics of...ATB Andy. ;)

Jack & Patch

Edited by poacherspocket22

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

This dog here is Traveller..exactly the same waybred as the Rambo dog but from another litter..Blue x his 1/2 sister Grip (Nipper x Grey)..this was when he was just a very young dog and starting out in the game...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

bron looke nice but like millets dog she looks racier they look like to have alot of collie in them mate are they more just for rabbits and abit fereting , my good freind p douglas had maggie a full colie to katie colie grew bred by d slieght she was a good dog on the hills and rougher grass land but lacked pace on the wheat but a nice little bitch and very biddable he won 2 rabbit hunting trail awards with her ,this is a whle back 17 years ago , your dogs are very simliar never fancied a reverse three qaurter ,but some like them bron looks more like a strong halfcross

The lads who got these pups Whin were never under any illusion as to what they may or may not achieve..as i ain't with my own dogs..they wouldn't of been heading down the Fens with them or going for Red Deer had they been born 10 years earlier i don't think? They will hopefully serve the purpose which the lads got them for which i assume is as you say for rabbiting...fingers crossed they can lamp,hunt and work with the ferts...plenty of fun still to be had there imo? ..i know you say you've done all of that and you've bettered your dogs and moved on to dogs that suit the land you hunt and i say good on ya..after all you have to go to do a job with the right tools for the job and i'm confident the job these lads with the pups do they will have good enough tools for the task in hand with their young recruits? ATB Andy. ;)

The pup is not mine (although i would have her in a heart beat), but i think i can speak for johnnyboy in saying that, we don't have much of that big land / winter wheat blah blah round these parts, pure speed is not the be all and end all of a dog for us, in fact i'd go as far as to say it's something that could end a dog round here. What we do need though is enough speed, bags of brains, and some proper rugged durability, a long with the usual good feet, stamina, nose etc. The pup will see a lot of day work, with ferrets and just mooching, and also have the lamp work piled into her, she will see plenty of bunnys that i can assure you but i'm also sure she will get her chance to show us what she makes of a few different species, as i carry a gun, and you never know what they might flush to be shot then tracked or retrived (depends how good a shot i am), in the various parts of the country that we visit. At the end of the day you get a dog suited to what and where you hunt, and how you like to hunt in the main part, and whatever name you choose to tack onto the dog, i think bron will have the physical attributes needed to do what johnnyboy wants her to, the rest is down to the lottery of whats in the dogs heart, and how well johnny boy does at bringing her on an entering her (of which i have no doubt he will do well).

• Like 4

Last one for today because i'm off to make the dog feed up haha...this is Kes and her son the 1st Lad lol..daughter and grandson of Bulpa .Lad was also sired by Minshaw's Blue..the little black bitch Kes is the great grand dam to lot's of dogs which were sired by my old dog Jack and also out of the Chester dog as Kelsey his dam was Kes's daughter and even the Flick and Flint dog and littermates were her grand kids lol,so dogs like Joe Ox's dog Maurice,our Don and Swift,Tomo's Venus and Derbylad's Xena, Dazz's bitch and even the pups of Millet's and Johnnyboy's,EDRD's bitch Diesel and even his other bitch our of Jack x Grey,our Dean's dogs Sox,Reggie and Fenn all have her blood running through them to this day..great little bitch she was,i've seen her totally knackered but if you lamped another she would run it and more than likely kill it..take maybe 15 minutes to retrieve her catch,thats how fecked she could be but again if you shone the dazzler and sent her she'd not let you down lol...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Andy - you have kept so many dogs that i REALLY like the look of, especially bulpha, jack and don, very different from some of the other minshaw 'lines' that i have seen about. Do you think it's really fair to lump them all together as minshaws, because they all had some kind of shared beginnings. The collie curs you have been running over the years are very very appealing to us here, over some of the others, they look just right, put together for the job at hand. :thumbs: I would love to be able to go back in time with you and watch Bulpha and Jack work. :yes:

Yeah i'm pretty sure you'd of enjoyed seeing some of the "old guard" in action Jai :thumbs: ..they didn't look ANYTHING :icon_redface: really but they served a purpose and served it pretty well to be honest ;) ..you'll get to see the Don dog at graft,he wouldn't be quite as pacy as them other dogs you mention but like you said to Whin speed ain't the be all and end all when it comes to lurcherwork although obviously it does help if it's quick enough to catch :laugh: ..he has serious drive in him,infact i'd say too bloody much at times :blink: ..i've enjoyed the craic...plenty of pics to follow infact we'll be here a frigging long time :laugh: :laugh: ..ATB Andy. :victory:

• Like 2

Well, if i ever invent a time machine, i'll let you know . . . .

But aye, i'm looking forward to seeing Don in action :thumbs:

As long as they are faster than what you chase, it's fast enough. :yes:

you say your memory is bad Andy,,,,i wish mine was half as bad you lost me 20 pages back lol at least now it's down in black and white i can go back and have a look

to jog my memory......

top post keep em coming

MINSHAW MAN try this....

Just click on "more options" I think it is at bottom of reply box,click on add attachment,choose the pic wherever it is stored? My documents/my pictures or whatever then click open then click on attach to post...I'm on my phone at moment so not 100% certain if that's right but it's summat like that lol

MINSHAW MAN try this....

Just click on "more options" I think it is at bottom of reply box,click on add attachment,choose the pic wherever it is stored? My documents/my pictures or whatever then click open then click on attach to post...I'm on my phone at moment so not 100% certain if that's right but it's summat like that lol

Haven't been online in a week and feck me that took some reading to catch up.

Andy some great posts and pics as usual,always a level head through the "minshaw madness!" Lol

Whin just rabbits for Bron anything else would be illegal mun! ;)

Jai echoed my opinion on how Bron is developing.

She's showing good traits which in a few months I can start seeing wwhat she's like in the field. :)

• Like 1