MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

:hmm:Folk tend to go down the greyhound route, when they are either dissatisfied or disappointed, with a certain type of lurcher..." It needs more speed, more size,.more,.whatever...." :laugh:

They can see no further, than the algebraic equations, of three quarter breeds, three eights x five eights, etc, etc,..

And for those that just are 'in it' for the short term,..such an action is possibly the best way to go,..

BUT to produce a hunting dog (not merely a hare courser or a racer),... but a find-um,.feckem, fetch-um on home merchant,..well,..personaly, I would always favour using a tried and tested, quick killing Saluki type of critter, as opposed to putting in more Greyhound pace...

For what it has been created for, the Greyhound really is the Daddy,....no doubts about that,....but,.I prefer a good lurcher, put over, a good lurcher :thumbs:

Feb2011HaresPewsey074.jpg

Smart mutt that Chalkie...whats the lowdown on her then? :hmm:

:hmm:Folk tend to go down the greyhound route, when they are either dissatisfied or disappointed, with a certain type of lurcher..." It needs more speed, more size,.more,.whatever...." :laugh:

They can see no further, than the algebraic equations, of three quarter breeds, three eights x five eights, etc, etc,..

And for those that just are 'in it' for the short term,..such an action is possibly the best way to go,..

BUT to produce a hunting dog (not merely a hare courser or a racer),... but a find-um,.feckem, fetch-um on home merchant,..well,..personaly, I would always favour using a tried and tested, quick killing Saluki type of critter, as opposed to putting in more Greyhound pace...

For what it has been created for, the Greyhound really is the Daddy,....no doubts about that,....but,.I prefer a good lurcher, put over, a good lurcher :thumbs:

Feb2011HaresPewsey074.jpg

Have to agree with chalky, there is some belting lines of coursing dogs that are almost pure running dog blood in some of them. That there really is no need to use pure grey blood when you can use coursing blood that has generations of running catching killing blood in it now :thumbs: Atb
Guest Moscow

Joe how many litters you bred of differing breeds over the years ?

Did they make owt ?

Lurchers Ive bred.

Moscow x Jess....

Jack x flash....

Jack x Bess.... I sold a 4 surplus pups out of a litter of 11, but regret doing so they should of been culled and will not ever sell lurcher pups again. The litter was not bred intending to make money.

Maurice x Bess....

Now Lee how many lurchers or snack litters have you bred? or should I say how much money have you made :laugh:

I think there's nowt wrong with using the right Greyhound in a line now and again, but if I wanted to add speed, I'd probably use one of these 50 odd pound Non-Peds instead.Some people aren't bothered about the speed, some others like a lot of speed. Owners are as varied as the Lurchers we use. :thumbs:

Cheers.

I think there's nowt wrong with using the right Greyhound in a line now and again, but if I wanted to add speed, I'd probably use one of these 50 odd pound Non-Peds instead.Some people aren't bothered about the speed, some others like a lot of speed. Owners are as varied as the Lurchers we use. :thumbs:

Cheers.

Yep.spot on CP is that :victory: ...speed certainly ain't the be all and end all BUT it does help if they are quick enough to catch what they are chasing :laugh: ..my mate had a 28 inch Bull x Grey...it would kill anything but summat had to catch it for it 1st lol..might as well have had a Patterdale :laugh: ..ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Had a walk out with that coursing dog Andy,...

He did his stuff on a quick brace,..ran, fast or slow, depending on the chase,..and then, sat up on the warren,.pretty as ya like, super quick on the bolters,...honoured the long net,.real canny fecker,...and we ended the morning in the pub...

The jukel just sat outside in the sunshine,..no lead required,.just like an old cur dog at the Farmer's market...

He kills most species of hornies,.no probs,.and his owner tells me that he is exceptionally well bred,.whatever that means...

I was a hare's breath away from using him over my speckled cur,.but,..as I have mentioned to you,..the resulting progeny would have only got me in the jail,...so, I have decided to 'act my age',...and go colliefied again,.and stay safe.... :thumbs:

But, for an out and out coursing dog,...I was VERY impressed....

Now Lee how many lurchers or snack litters have you bred? or should I say how much money have you made :laugh:

Is that for me Joe? If so. i my self have bred 3 litters of lurchers, never sold a pup. Not that i have anything agains people selling a pup or 2 that are spare. but there is never a pup spare when i have breed :thumbs:

Is that for me Joe? If so. i my self have bred 3 litters of lurchers, never sold a pup. Not that i have anything agains people selling a pup or 2 that are spare. but there is never a pup spare when i have breed :thumbs:

I'm sure it wasn't aimed at you mate :thumbs: ..it was for Maxhardcore i'm pretty certain :D

Guest Moscow

No mate it wasnt for you ;)

Maxhardcore is also called Lee.