MINSHAW .....

I half jokingly broached the subject of lining her with Moscow a few year back, with Joe..... but I decided against having Minshaws in my kennel; my heart and blood pressure wouldn't stand the arguments !! LOL !!

Cheers.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Right i'm off out..play good guys...see you all later for a bit of banter..from today's pups of Johnny's and Millet's back to their sire Don who's sire Jack and his father Bulpa who's sire was Minshaw's Blue himself...call them what you will because i will be ..over and out until later..ATB Andy.

Minshaw's Blue on the right

Edited by poacherspocket22

Here's a wee family tree of my dog Don..the dog furthest away Rag Lad was a racing Whippet from back in the 60's and was owned by Minshaw's father..Rip was owned by Minshaw as was Nipper and obviously Blue..i bought Bulpa off Minshaw and eventually mated his (Bulpa's) grandaughter Cora who was Blue's daughter so she was also Bulpa's 1/2 sister and produced Jack whom i mated with a Border Collie from Ireland to produce Don..i kind of think that they are pretty closely related for the most part? I'm happy to call them Minshaw's..as for anyone else i really don't give a toss to be honest...i ain't breeding pups and churning them out willy nilly,i work my dogs hard and always have and always will if able to do so! I know a handful of lads who have outcrossed to Bull x's etc and they like myself have owned dogs from years ago and bred down from their old troopers and still like to give them the Minshaw tag..big deal?...only to some it seems to me? ATB Andy.

PedigreeofDon.jpg

Kennel cough? whats that all about? The bitch was a heap of shite Steve and i'll say it as i found myself as were the majority of the litter apparently? i think yours being the exception?..was it the minshaw in them or chippers stuff that made them that way then? Like i said ALL strains/types call them what you will can chuck out jackers as for the price of pups well thats got feck all to do with me..i ain't home bred a pup since the 90's and that was Red/Chester & Co and YES mine from the litter was not worth a toss but Chris bred a litter from him and apparently they are the bees knees?...luck of the draw isn't it really? I won't entertain rubbish in my kennels infact i've set my bar at a standard and if they can't reach that then they aren't for me and i ain't fussed if it's a Minshaw or dof of any breeding whatever it is? ATB Andy.

it was my bitch and my father's dog that bred chippers bob the dog was probs thee most consistent dog I've ever seen never ever had a bad day and the dam was a cracking bitch on the hares she would never have put any brakes on she would of ran her last breath out of her lungs first we had 2 litters with them and not one report of a dog not making the grade and never any feedback of any pulling up but I no chipper lined a fair few bitches with bob

You can't get better than that Andy..the proof of the breeding is plain to see... :yes: ... i have the dam to the pup's side here also.. :thumbs: .

jessjo.jpg

Edited by Millet

Kennel cough? whats that all about? The bitch was a heap of shite Steve and i'll say it as i found myself as were the majority of the litter apparently? i think yours being the exception?..was it the minshaw in them or chippers stuff that made them that way then? Like i said ALL strains/types call them what you will can chuck out jackers as for the price of pups well thats got feck all to do with me..i ain't home bred a pup since the 90's and that was Red/Chester & Co and YES mine from the litter was not worth a toss but Chris bred a litter from him and apparently they are the bees knees?...luck of the draw isn't it really? I won't entertain rubbish in my kennels infact i've set my bar at a standard and if they can't reach that then they aren't for me and i ain't fussed if it's a Minshaw or dof of any breeding whatever it is? ATB Andy.

it was my bitch and my father's dog that bred chippers bob the dog was probs thee most consistent dog I've ever seen never ever had a bad day and the dam was a cracking bitch on the hares she would never have put any brakes on she would of ran her last breath out of her lungs first we had 2 litters with them and not one report of a dog not making the grade and never any feedback of any pulling up but I no chipper lined a fair few bitches with bob

I'm not knocking Chipper's dogs SD just saying that throwing a jacker can and obviously does happen from time to time no matter what preventitive measures you take? I know the sire of the bitch in question which i said was no good was also a machine i'm sure Giro would confirm that..obviously somewhere twixt the breeding something went tits up..there ain't alot you can do about it at the end of the day...i do know Chipper's dogs are up there with the best so in no way would i condemn any of his jukels. ATB Andy

This bitch here has the same sire in Don as Millet's/Johnnyboy's pups Lil & Bron with it's dam a full litter sister to the dam of their pups..Bron & Lil theoretically should make similar types?

IMAG0228.jpg

That is how bron will look i think.