so let me get tthis straight......you charge 400-1000 per dog FOR THE GOOD OF THE BREED???????????????????

your on the make boys your on the make

i have had some real good stuff,as good as you will see ,and have neither charged or been charged for it ......

lads will give dogs to the right people........and 400-1000 POUNDS is having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and some,more cynical than me,would say peddlers!!

look i dont give a toss what you charge because i wont be buying one .but charging that much is NOT for the good of the breed!

yis fellman

WHO has said i charge that amount of money??????????

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a spayed border bitch , before xmass i was after border dog to work with her I got in touch with a bloke from this forum called Dave mac , he told me hemight have a pup available in the spring

paying that sort of money for a border out of as someone says good bushing/ratting sire and just a ratting dam is laughable my god the good ol border is doomed in the future. if you s so called saviou

Money and the show ring ruination of the border terrier and all you quoting prices to justify yourselves does not make you right or the wee border better because of the prices you charge... Glad I'm l

Posted Images

so let me get tthis straight......you charge 400-1000 per dog FOR THE GOOD OF THE BREED???????????????????

your on the make boys your on the make

i have had some real good stuff,as good as you will see ,and have neither charged or been charged for it ......

lads will give dogs to the right people........and 400-1000 POUNDS is having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and some,more cynical than me,would say peddlers!!

look i dont give a toss what you charge because i wont be buying one .but charging that much is NOT for the good of the breed!

yis fellman

WHO has said i charge that amount of money??????????

i didnt say you did i was looking at the quoted prices in the thread..........

so yours are free to the right people...?

how much to a off the cuff buyer? any change from 400 quid?

Money and the show ring ruination of the border terrier and all you quoting prices to justify yourselves does not make you right or the wee border better because of the prices you charge... Glad I'm like fellman my terriers were for nowt off good freinds dogs that I know we keep them tight so they don't get passed from pillar to post which inevitably happens when money is mentioned . If all puppies were for nowt people would be less likely to breed off shite as there'd be no financial benefit . P.S. I own a border and it was gratis with tickets old proviso if it don't work its not passed on.

• Like 5

I know one thing and that is that top, genuine and proper terriermen would be embarrassed to ask for 1,000 a pup - price for Borders is way out of hand.

Granted - it's a different breed but I put a post up here over a year ago looking for a patt bitch pup and amongs loads of shysters and halfwits a couple of folk stood head and shoulders above the rest!!! Result was that in December last year I picked up a cracking 10 week old worker to worker choc pat bitch pup off the ferry from Ireland - and it cost me nothing. It was free/zilch/nada - only transport of £70 to pay. Some good guys on here... :thumbs:

Now I'm not suggesting that all genuine terriermen should give pups for free to strangers and I have paid decent money for pups in the past - but I don't think proper lads would be looking for even £4-500 for a Border pup let alone a grand!!!!!!

Pic below of 'free pup' :thumbs: All the best.

post-57287-0-39210400-1336753515.jpg

• Like 2

some of the best borders i had were of a friend for free or at a price between friends

they worked from a early age as well

old lines with rwalker and levi oaks stuff still have one now 16yrs later but never be a earth dog

like the old stuff atb

The prices quoted will be the ruination of the breed as a worker, i've no doubt of that.

Most genuine terriermen value the dig as much as the dog and if you can dig to a terrier, either gifted or bought for sensible money, why would you want to pay these extortionate prices for a Border and the same job done?? :hmm:

I've always fancied a (full) Border and never owned one, had the chance in the past with both Levi & Jeff, (even Cunnigham-Rice!!) but I never took one on, shame really, because if these are the prices nowadays days, I'll stick to them cheapo Park dogs that i've had many a good day with. ;)

dont matter how much you pay if terrier wants to work then it will i gave 100 pounds for my border and its showing intrest in the bush and its only 15 weeks old cos i gave a 100 for him does it mean it wont do his job !!!!!!!

breeder,wich lines are they from?im hoping to get another in the future,would be interesting to hear something other than oxcroft/dandyhow thumbs.gif dave

Mine are from Ray Walker old line

breeder,wich lines are they from?im hoping to get another in the future,would be interesting to hear something other than oxcroft/dandyhow thumbs.gif dave

wich ray walker the bully who was a keeper???
  • Like 1

Jmho.....but are you surprised the breed is dying?

Firstly, what can they bring to the table that another good terrier of different breeding cant??

Secondly, would the breed have demised to the level it is now if it were so good???

And last but not least........With the extortionate prices that are being asked for, is it the breed or the breeders that are driving them under????

Having owned a mostly "border" x lakeland bitch myself that worked for years that never let me down....i have empathy for your cause....i would love nothing more to see them come back.

But to match the quality of work of existing terriers i find it hard that they ever will!

wich ray walker the bully who was a keeper???

Like him or hate him he had some f--king good borders and was a f--king good digging man so let him R.I.P Edited by The Breeder