• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a spayed border bitch , before xmass i was after border dog to work with her I got in touch with a bloke from this forum called Dave mac , he told me hemight have a pup available in the spring

paying that sort of money for a border out of as someone says good bushing/ratting sire and just a ratting dam is laughable my god the good ol border is doomed in the future. if you s so called saviou

Money and the show ring ruination of the border terrier and all you quoting prices to justify yourselves does not make you right or the wee border better because of the prices you charge... Glad I'm l

Posted Images

good luck with that lee,i paid £400ish for one eight years ago,did its first rat a few months back :icon_eek: ,sire and dam both earth dogs too :yes: hes a pleasre to have around ,real nice dog,cracking nose on him.what do you intend to use it for atb dave

• Like 1

iv been looking for a border pup from a working background but thay are like rocking horse s##t why the high price tag £450/ £550 if anyone knows of some good working bred pups for £200/£250 pm me please atb lee

Back in 1978 i payed 80 pounds for very well bred lakeland dog pup and travelled 600 miles round trip if you wont the breeding to better your line you must make sacrificeis my weekly wage was about 25 to 30 pound a lad i know has just pay over a 1000 pound for VERY well bred and a very good WORKING line of Border the dog is about 9 year old he is not only a very good WORKER himself but produces WORKERS so if you can find agood working line of terrier grab it and pay your money because there are not many good working lines out there :thumbs:
  • Like 4

£1000 for a working terrier id get a good pat and a new car for that no border is worth 1000 quid

I think we are worlds apart lad i was offered 1200 pound for my border bitch she is bred the same way . But would not take it agood gun dog line are fetching good money so if you are passionate about the breed and the WORKING side , and breeding good honest WORKING border pups instead of flooding the market with non workers. It take a long time to get a good line but so very easy to lose it ;)
  • Like 2

i payed 250 for mine a 5/6 years ago and she was of the best bushing a ratting dogs id ever seen ,get the right 1 and they make good dogs but bad out ways the good by a clear mile ,atb in your search

Edited by rocky1

so let me get tthis straight......you charge 400-1000 per dog FOR THE GOOD OF THE BREED???????????????????

your on the make boys your on the make

i have had some real good stuff,as good as you will see ,and have neither charged or been charged for it ......

lads will give dogs to the right people........and 400-1000 POUNDS is having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and some,more cynical than me,would say peddlers!!

look i dont give a toss what you charge because i wont be buying one .but charging that much is NOT for the good of the breed!

yis fellman

• Like 4