Had a discussion in The Gun Cupboard (Castle Ashby, Northants) and apparently northants are taking 4 months even to do a variation and up to almost 8 months for a new FAC.

I feel chuffed with my own area now - 1 for 1 variation turned round in a fortnight :)

Took mine a month from when I put there form in to receiving it and 3 weeks of that was my fault for not being available for the feo to see me ... Took 3 days from interview to ticket on the doorstep

Dyfed powys 5 months and waiting for my renewal, sent in end of December I phoned them Tuesday 1st May as i want to go out for a shot told all ok as long as i stay within Dyfed Powys area

Later that day FLO phoned me to come and carry out a check on Wednesday all fine with guns but they want a signed form for permission to shoot on land ive already submitted these on previous application and have an open ticket, but they still want one form from one of my farms

where the hell have they been they must have known they wanted the form back in January

FLO told me there's only two of them doing the job now instead of 5 ....................Rant over

I've just renewed both my Shotgun and Fac ( coterminous Certificates ) and it took just over a month from when i posted off the forms to when the tickets landed on my carpet. My local area is Hertfordshire Constabulary

John ;)

It's a piss take in all honesty.

Notts are at 20 weeks currently!

My mate just got his and it took six months, thank god I already have mine.

The big shooting groups BASC etc need to get lobbying for a national standard. There should be no reason in my opinion that the wait should exceed 8 weeks.