market ferrets

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true ferreter is someone who has and looks after them all the year round, and has a genuine interest in their welfare. IMO.

The RSPCA mantain a strong presence at Melton due to the amount of livestock sold ,they ,and i,have no issue with the way they are presented for sale , they have to be in clean ,dry, bedding,in cool,a

sad state of afairs that micky

we work with the north east ferret rescue and abhor any treatment of ferrets like this - the market should be closed down for allowing the ferrets to be kept in conditions like plastic buckets.as everyone knows the ferrets cant sweat and being encased in plastic is detrimental to their health as it can bring on fits and the sutchlike. im sure the rspca should be made aware of this situation and animal welfare is paramount in situations like this. if you get an animal and that is ANY animal be it a dog,cat or a ferret you should take it for the animals life and not till you get fed up or sick of it. errant breeding of ferrets or selling ferrets on is wrong for monetary gain this is shocking!

:hmm:Ferrets have always drawn the short straw,...it is amazing how some folk treat their pugs... :blink:

The facts are,...'Nowadays,..too many ferrets are being bred'......

I remember after the original myxy plague, when guys dumped their ferrets, cos there was feck all to hunt and then,..when the conies started to return in numbers,..ferrets were suddenly like gold dust,..much valued,.. and definitely not for sale... :laugh:

Good old critters,...I OWE them so much..... :thumbs:

All the best, Chalkwarren..

_MG_1172.jpg

www.chalkwarren.co.uk

we work with the north east ferret rescue and abhor any treatment of ferrets like this - the market should be closed down for allowing the ferrets to be kept in conditions like plastic buckets.as everyone knows the ferrets cant sweat and being encased in plastic is detrimental to their health as it can bring on fits and the sutchlike. im sure the rspca should be made aware of this situation and animal welfare is paramount in situations like this. if you get an animal and that is ANY animal be it a dog,cat or a ferret you should take it for the animals life and not till you get fed up or sick of it. errant breeding of ferrets or selling ferrets on is wrong for monetary gain this is shocking!

andy the plastic buckets have wire mesh on top, so theres plenty of air flow,,,, as it happens the rspca are at the market and monitor evrything..

but like i said befor its no way to treat a good worker

• Like 1

That must be a English thing we got two kits brought up here and they arrived in a bucket with a mesh top , Unless the guy was scared i wouldn't return a ferret carrying box :laugh:

never seen any markets like that up this way,f**k thats alot of ferrets!

I can remember going to the small animal market at Lanark in the 80's and seeing ferrets, aviary birds, fancy pigeons,

ducks, hens etc etc for sale, don't know if it's still going now though.

The RSPCA mantain a strong presence at Melton due to the amount of livestock sold ,they ,and i,have no issue with the way they are presented for sale , they have to be in clean ,dry, bedding,in cool,airy surroundings ,they are not handled by the genral public and there sale is as stress free as possible ,to give them there due ,the market board ensure that all animals, whether prize bull or tame rat are all treated with respect, any fault lies entirely with these so called ferret keepers and breeders.

• Like 3

theres two fur n feather sales in yorkshire that i know of

one is at HIGHGATE GREYHOUND STADIUM ,nr barnsley every saturday morning (they have a website)

and theres one at SELBY AUCTION MART every 2 weeks (they also have a website)

everthing for sale ,pigeons ,poultry,ect,also lots of junk .ferrets very rarely fetch more than a few quid its a real shame .

a good ferret is goes hand in hand like a good ferreting dog at certain times of the year , especaily after christmas when the covers down and there not bolting if you have a good one youll no , i think its more humane to put un wanted or not good workers to sleep rather than passing them on pillar to post,

• Like 1