5/8 grey 3/8 collie

been a good topic so far with cracking pics, keep em coming. my opinion, hancock breeds dogs for a living but there are worse things a guy could do, when you get a pup from him you know exactly what its bred from, working or not, its not in his longterm interest to cheat anyone or sell them something they don't really want, he's been going a long time and like it or not he knows his stuff, he is what he is guy's his dogs do for the most part what it says on the tin, they're maybe not beginners dogs as they can go through a stubborn patch that puts some folk off but hey imo its their loss if they cant overcome it

• Like 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as will a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound father x a greyhound dam, thats the way mine was bred. she's 4 now and doing fine  

beardy x she is 2 doing well

just another pic [bANNED TEXT] out today

Posted Images

been a good topic so far with cracking pics, keep em coming. my opinion, hancock breeds dogs for a living but there are worse things a guy could do, when you get a pup from him you know exactly what its bred from, working or not, its not in his longterm interest to cheat anyone or sell them something they don't really want, he's been going a long time and like it or not he knows his stuff, he is what he is guy's his dogs do for the most part what it says on the tin, they're maybe not beginners dogs as they can go through a stubborn patch that puts some folk off but hey imo its their loss if they cant overcome it

Good post mate, not everybody knows somebody who's breeding collie x's out of proven dogs so Hancock is a good starting point, theres much worse and much more unscrupalous people than the Hancocks out there.

If you click with a collie x they are a great dog to have around. :thumbs:

Some really good pics and honest comments on this interesting cross.

I think the rationale behind the Hancock crosses is sound, after all, historically, the lurcher was a cross between a herding dog and sighthound. Natural herding which is simply hunting instinct will be very strong in the working blood collie studs he keeps so the foundations of a useful lurcher are undoubtably there. Plus, as has been said ellsewhere, the cross means you know exactly what you are going to get genetically whereas with lurcher x lurcher breeding that can be very hit and miss.

There are simply too many good working Hancocks out there for them not to be considered a great choice and whilst I dont feel 100% comfortable with the commercial nature of his breeding, it is at least professional and personally £220 for a dog that will be with you for years, well bred, reared and tattoed is fair in my book.

My friend has bought a lovely merle 5/8ths bitch and he is over the moon with her....and she is showing very strong natural hunting instinct already so that sort of proves the point!!! Whilst we felt the 5/8ths would be best alround we would have been equally happy with a firstcross im sure.

Good luch with all those ace dogs out there :thumbs:

Edited by omegathelast
  • Like 1

My lad is also out of Tweedle Dum, I would say if anything this dog has to much pace for his own good at the moment until he learns to use his gears. He tends to over shoot but is getting better as his first season has gone on. Just over 27tts. Fantastic nose on him and finds plenty of stuff that is hiding up. Can ba little headstrong so I have to keep on top of him at times, but again I hope this will improve as the seasons go by. Very easy to train. I get asked by My local shoot to bring him along beating as he works like a trojan all day, and has kept many a gun busy.

justin005.jpg

photo-1.jpg

That's a great looking dog that mate credit to you looks a strong dog

Atb with it

JD :thumbs:

Thanks mate, he is a strong steady dog, and shy`s away from nothing.I bought him from Hancock as this is my first lurcher, and I didnt know any better. We paid £200 for him last year, I dont think thats a lot of money. He is a joy to be around and is a fantastic family dog as well as begining to grow into a good mooching dog. He suits me and what I like doing perfect.

My lad is also out of Tweedle Dum, I would say if anything this dog has to much pace for his own good at the moment until he learns to use his gears. He tends to over shoot but is getting better as his first season has gone on. Just over 27tts. Fantastic nose on him and finds plenty of stuff that is hiding up. Can ba little headstrong so I have to keep on top of him at times, but again I hope this will improve as the seasons go by. Very easy to train. I get asked by My local shoot to bring him along beating as he works like a trojan all day, and has kept many a gun busy.

justin005.jpg

photo-1.jpg

That's a great looking dog that mate credit to you looks a strong dog

Atb with it

JD :thumbs:

Thanks mate, he is a strong steady dog, and shy`s away from nothing.I bought him from Hancock as this is my first lurcher, and I didnt know any better. We paid £200 for him last year, I dont think thats a lot of money. He is a joy to be around and is a fantastic family dog as well as begining to grow into a good mooching dog. He suits me and what I like doing perfect.

He sound exactly what I want mate , he does look great , for a first lurcher I think you have done well and I do think £200 is a good price .

Atb with him pal :thumbs:

JD

great to see these smashing dogs, opinions please guys, where do you take one if you want to keep the line going? do we go for the same again? or maybe a 1st or 2nd cross collie greyhound and at that do we go border, beardie or a mix? or to join the trendy choice do we go to a deerhound cross? all being well i intend to breed mine next year and have my own thoughts but i want to listen to as many opinions and ideas as poss before i commit.

• Like 1

For Me these dogs are Colliecurs so why would you add anything else? Surely be good to breed them back to one another, or 3/4 crosses or maybe half crosses. I am sure many on here will not agree but there isnt a lot a game collie cross cant do,especially some of the raceier type. I would say with tha added brain power perhaps there is a bit they can do that other`s dont

great to see these smashing dogs, opinions please guys, where do you take one if you want to keep the line going? do we go for the same again? or maybe a 1st or 2nd cross collie greyhound and at that do we go border, beardie or a mix? or to join the trendy choice do we go to a deerhound cross? all being well i intend to breed mine next year and have my own thoughts but i want to listen to as many opinions and ideas as poss before i commit.

I spent over 2 years looking for a stud for my bitch, to no avail. I advertised on here and other sites for a stud and when I did find one it was to late. I'd like to think it was down to people wanting to keep there line rather than not being any top dogs out there.

Your dog is a good stamp and a nice type and I'd personally look for something along those lines, keep them typey, if it ain't broke. :thumbs:

I spent over 2 years looking for a stud for my bitch, to no avail. I advertised on here and other sites for a stud and when I did find one it was to late. I'd like to think it was down to people wanting to keep there line rather than not being any top dogs out there.

Your dog is a good stamp and a nice type and I'd personally look for something along those lines, keep them typey, if it ain't broke. :thumbs:

2 things that spring to mind, i mentioned one on another thread recently....the concentrating of border blood and the risk of hip dysplasia ....the other she is one of ten and her father is one of eleven, i've had a few mates express interest but there could still potentially be a lot of pups to find homes for and not everyone thinks like us collie fans