Tumbler/Norfolk Lurcher?

15 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Can some one correct me if i am wrong did the breeder of these types used to advertise in the old exchange and mart in the 70s i also believe their is pics of the dogs these lads had in Ted Walshes book lurchers and longdogs.

Yes they did advertise in the exchange and mart in the 70s. Bluey and Tina belonged to the Burrells which are in the book.

• Like 2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No room with you and Rudeboy?

spoke to burrel once....... for a day ...that was enough ... im sorry but he spoke absolute bollox....admittedly the two rough coated  hounds  in his motor were beauty's... but he proceded t

? Well, I've never owned a Smithfield Collie,..but back in the day,..I found a rangy heavy -coated Herder, working on the South Downs. I was visiting a traditional Sheep Fair at Findon in Sussex,

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Any pics ?

It’s my sons dog I got him it from a pup and the lad told me the story how he got it,so I rang Jeff to confirm it and he told me all the story about it’s mother.my son done everything thing with him and the dog adapted to it naturally.When I say everything I’m mean everything to from small to big and teeth.Don’t believe everything most tell you on here about them as they have never seen 1 but just what Jeff is like on the phone.The top pic is my deerhound greyhound then my sons beddyxwhippet and the Smithfield on the left

0B5C548A-FF3D-453A-B4EC-EA1B963542D0.png

0B23D2AC-1D08-4A79-ABFC-844182840671.png

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 1

Don't think he has bred a litter in a few years and its been a long time since he worked a dog, i knew him back in the 80's and he didn't work them then, I've mentioned before he wanted to use on of mine as a stud but wouldn't come out lamping or even daytime for a wander with one of his. Most sighthound crosses will make a worker to some degree and that's about it for the dogs he bred, at least from the 80's, talked the talk but didn't walk it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sandymere said:

Don't think he has bred a litter in a few years and its been a long time since he worked a dog, i knew him back in the 80's and he didn't work them then, I've mentioned before he wanted to use on of mine as a stud but wouldn't come out lamping or even daytime for a wander with one of his. Most sighthound crosses will make a worker to some degree and that's about it for the dogs he bred, at least from the 80's, talked the talk but didn't walk it.

im surprised hes not on here everyone lapping up what he says ??

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

No room with you and Rudeboy?

?difference is sandy welcome any time to see my dogs mate and any lad on here welcome to come put money were mouth is mate ?

and rudeboy i dont know him but lads have asked about him and his  dogs 20 years after he stopped so left an impression obviously ? 

he knows what he needs not one a them to swap from type to type lol and have 10 dogs on at once lol

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, lurchers said:

It’s my sons dog I got him it from a pup and the lad told me the story how he got it,so I rang Jeff to confirm it and he told me all the story about it’s mother.my son done everything thing with him and the dog adapted to it naturally.When I say everything I’m mean everything to from small to big and teeth.Don’t believe everything most tell you on here about them as they have never seen 1 but just what Jeff is like on the phone.The top pic is my deerhound greyhound then my sons beddyxwhippet and the Smithfield on the left

0B5C548A-FF3D-453A-B4EC-EA1B963542D0.png

0B23D2AC-1D08-4A79-ABFC-844182840671.png

Don't believe anything until I see it with my own two eyes ,I live down the Rd from geoff and I see few of his type run and all doing the job ,geoff bit of a talker but like I said man no fool like some think  I was going to get a pup out of steamer few yr ago but chose bedy grey .atb mooch

• Like 1

I have never been a cow man but one thing i do know is a weak jawed dog like everyone thinks is like a old smithfield would get it's face kicked off it by a cow and these days  it's only got to get it from the field into a lorry.The old smithfields used to drive them cattle hundreds of miles on green lanes without loosing them,a weak jawed dog than can't grab a hock is no good to any drover in any time of history...

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?difference is sandy welcome any time to see my dogs mate and any lad on here welcome to come put money were mouth is mate ?

and rudeboy i dont know him but lads have asked about him and his  dogs 20 years after he stopped so left an impression obviously ? 

he knows what he needs not one a them to swap from type to type lol and have 10 dogs on at once lol

Who got 10 dogs on ?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Who got 10 dogs on ?

not on about you mate you havent even got a dog its a faaaacking cart horse ??

but you know the type mate got ten different types trying to get one for each job lol  but all are allrounders ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, darbo said:

Yes they did advertise in the exchange and mart in the 70s. Bluey and Tina belonged to the Burrells which are in the book.

Thats right his brothers dogs in the book ,I no few lads running the type and they handy things but its like any type put hard work in you reap the awards ,

• Like 3

20190903_131229.jpg.7775c29eba566178168d8a0b206f197f.jpg

22 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

not on about you mate you havent even got a dog its a faaaacking cart horse ??

but you know the type mate got ten different types trying to get one for each job lol  but all are allrounders ??

?Thank f**k,thought my ears was burning?me Carthorse was catching plenty at 10 months old first time down south...oh look!!! it's them things  you spin with your sandslugs ?ran to a standstill by a f***ing half X?lack a 6th gear...but more than enough stamina from running them hills and a nose like a hound,only place safe is under the ground??

I'll have a match with you...we let your dog do the first 3....and when we get in the motor to the next spot...the Carthorse will swallow your sandslugs for a mid morning snack??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Can some one correct me if i am wrong did the breeder of these types used to advertise in the old exchange and mart in the 70s i also believe their is pics of the dogs these lads had in Ted Walshes book lurchers and longdogs.

Ah!, Yes indeed they were advertised in the 1270's when this line was in its infancy

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

20190903_131229.jpg.7775c29eba566178168d8a0b206f197f.jpg

?Thank f**k,thought my ears was burning?me Carthorse was catching plenty at 10 months old first time down south...oh look!!! it's them things  you spin with your sandslugs ?ran to a standstill by a f***ing half X?lack a 6th gear...but more than enough stamina from running them hills and a nose like a hound,only place safe is under the ground??

I'll have a match with you...we let your dog do the first 3....and when we get in the motor to the next spot...the Carthorse will swallow your sandslugs for a mid morning snack??

lol lol good going mate good uns at it from young mate mix bag its not that big really mate lol  nice dog mate i knew it was capable when you only had one dog mate lol

but if i lamped night mate 20 hares would be easy  with ten bunnys threw in lol  and few others 

me dog go in boot with any dog mate 

if they went at it mate over something  i think you be very very surprised lol  

• Like 1