US- Marines !!

I just think that sometimes we (the media or who ever) are expecting rediculous levels of self discipline from soldiers. These guys have to be 100% agressive when they are fighting in order to win the firefight but then five minutes later we expect them to act like mother Theressa.

Those guys might have lost several freinds before this in horrible ways IEDS and ambushes and then finally they get their own back by defeating their enemy and they've basically got over excited. They are now being judged by people who have never experienced war. The closest I've come to war was stuff I've seen on Youtube and that was enough to send shivers down my spine!

In a perfect world this stuff shouldn't happen but the media will have us civilians believe war is clean and almost no one gets hurt which is totally rediculous. 'Smart bombs' aren't that smart and do miss, the enemy isn't wearing uniforms or abiding by the geneva convention.

I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't want to do something like that if I'd been in their situation.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The American military are very gung - ho and after the heat of battle and with adrenaline still rushing I can well imagine them pissing on their spoils of war. The British military are far more profes

Could have been worse i thought one of their saying were ill cut your head off and shit down your neck that would have been a sight to see.TBH who realy gives a feck wat they did to scum who think not

feck me are you seriously comparing the doors to war ??? Do be brief fella I also worked the doors in London soho lester square I even worked the coat and barge in Putney ( not for the faint hearted)

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

And how would you feel if the headline were "Taliban fighters pissing on dead marines"?

i understand what your saying,, and your right,,,,,,, but its easy for us sat here in a warm house not being shot at, ect ect,,, thinking its a shit thing to do,,,,,,,,, but who knows how you would feel put in those circumstances evryday,,,,, i think anybody that goes to war,,, is going to be afected for the rest of there life to some degree..

lets hope its some sort of internet hoax,,, if its not then them soldiers will most proberbly get the book thrown at them

I may be sat here now in my warm cosy house but have seen active service and had rounds whizzing over my head .but I would never dream of pissing on a foe no matter what hatered I had for them .

It should be what sets us apart from them is respect and dignity and honest soldiering even to the dead.

ATB Cookie

Could have been worse i thought one of their saying were ill cut your head off and shit down your neck that would have been a sight to see.TBH who realy gives a feck wat they did to scum who think nothing of throwing acid in the faces of young girls whos only crime is to go to school and get an education.

• Like 6

The modern Armies of the world should be professional, Even after death No matter what their beliefs where in life,

A dead body is a dead body and as such should be treated with respect,

Now i know the tali, Are not a professional army, So as thus are made up of anybody even those with no morals...

So all any army can so is there best to maintain a professional image, and work professionally...

All this is gonna do is cause more trouble, and make the already impossible job harder,

By all means kill them all in battle, but respect them after they are dead....

Snap.

Makes a change, normally its the yanks that get pissed over in wars :D

Anyway, dry your eyes boys I am sure the dead fellas didnt give a shit.

Edited by WILF

As an ex Soldier, I can say 100% than anyone who thinks thats acceptable needs to have a word with themselves! When you lower yourself to the standards of the enemy you no longer have the right to fight them! The first thing any soldier learns is respect for the enemy!

Don't think the Geneva convention is high on the Taliban's agenda there mate......quite happy to behead,hang people without a care.I don't condone what they've supposedly done but who knows what effect war has on people unless your there having to face with the brutallity of it.

• Like 1

The American military are very gung - ho and after the heat of battle and with adrenaline still rushing I can well imagine them pissing on their spoils of war. The British military are far more professional and there are a thousand things you need to do after winning a fire fight to ensure you maintain the momentum and keep hold of the ground you have just fought hard to win. However I have no problem with them pissing on the verminouse scum. Any poor f****r captured by the Taliban will endure far far worse than just being pissed on. They have no concept of humanity and see anybody apart from themselves as pieces of sh@t under their shoes. Unfortunately those soldiers will be court martialed for that simple act no matter what they have done in their military careers up until now. I hope Anybody that wants to join this thread on the side of the Taliban has actually been in a conflict and knows what they are talking about. If not then perhaps it's best you keep your thoughts to yourself.

the British military are far more professional(utter Bollocks) you would not believe some of the things we did to the Argies in the Falklands i know i was there 22 bat royal marines D comp under LT Keith Mills treating your enemy like shit goes on in all forms and ranks and civilisations and it always will the problem here is that some one has filmed it and shown it.

paul

Don't get offended by this mate but after having read your post (quoted above) it reminded me of a topic l had read last year on proffessions (see here) where two l believe ex military lads believed you were faking your army career as they had never heard of D company Royal Marines. You never replied in your defence and since then l have always wondered weather it was true or not. It is possible that you never read the tail end of this thread and never replied to defend yourself so as l said previously l have always wondered...

cheers Callum

The American military are very gung - ho and after the heat of battle and with adrenaline still rushing I can well imagine them pissing on their spoils of war. The British military are far more professional and there are a thousand things you need to do after winning a fire fight to ensure you maintain the momentum and keep hold of the ground you have just fought hard to win. However I have no problem with them pissing on the verminouse scum. Any poor f****r captured by the Taliban will endure far far worse than just being pissed on. They have no concept of humanity and see anybody apart from themselves as pieces of sh@t under their shoes. Unfortunately those soldiers will be court martialed for that simple act no matter what they have done in their military careers up until now. I hope Anybody that wants to join this thread on the side of the Taliban has actually been in a conflict and knows what they are talking about. If not then perhaps it's best you keep your thoughts to yourself.

the British military are far more professional(utter Bollocks) you would not believe some of the things we did to the Argies in the Falklands i know i was there 22 bat royal marines D comp under LT Keith Mills treating your enemy like shit goes on in all forms and ranks and civilisations and it always will the problem here is that some one has filmed it and shown it.

paul

Don't get offended by this mate but after having read your post (quoted above) it reminded me of a topic l had read last year on proffessions (see here) where two l believe ex military lads believed you were faking your army career as they had never heard of D company Royal Marines. You never replied in your defence and since then l have always wondered weather it was true or not. It is possible that you never read the tail end of this thread and never replied to defend yourself so as l said previously l have always wondered...

cheers Callum

Seems like there is a D company in the Royal Marines :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: http://www.metro.co....in-to-us-forces

Seems there is also Lt Keith mills too who served in the falklands http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/Marines-held-invasion/story-14399121-detail/story.html

Edited by Trev Smilerface

In my opinion, the taliban deserve what they get.When the shoes on the other foot they're quick to whinge and moan. They're out there blowing civilians up, using Kids, pregnant women and elders as vessels for bombs, using dirty- underhanded tactics that go against rules set out to make war as humane as it can be and to prevent suffering as much as possible and they're laughing in your face when they get hold of one of you. Parading a soldier infront of millions before they degrade him and saw his head off with a butter knife !

I thought as much about respect for the enemy blah blah blah but when I watched a friend lose both legs and every bit of confidence he had with it in an IED blast, they would be lucky to only get pissed on.

I have no respect for them dead or alive, I will have respect for them when they fight straight and upfront and respect us.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the taliban deserve what they get.When the shoes on the other foot they're quick to whinge and moan. They're out there blowing civilians up, using Kids, pregnant women and elders as vessels for bombs, using dirty- underhanded tactics that go against rules set out to make war as humane as it can be and to prevent suffering as much as possible and they're laughing in your face when they get hold of one of you. Parading a soldier infront of millions before they degrade him and saw his head off with a butter knife !

I thought as much about respect for the enemy blah blah blah but when I watched a friend lose both legs and every bit of confidence he had with it in an IED blast, they would be lucky to only get pissed on.

I have no respect for them dead or alive, I will have respect for them when they fight straight and upfront and respect us.

At the end of the day a war is war.....how the hell can any war be as "HUMANE" as possible. Scud missiles could be classed as inhumane....airstrikes could be classed as inhumane ....but they all happen ...and innocents get killed. I dont agree with the wars that are going on but both sidesare as bad as one another no matter what country or beleifs they got. Its all sick ......a fecked up planet with tit for tat bull

Edited by Trev Smilerface
  • Like 1