US- Marines !!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The American military are very gung - ho and after the heat of battle and with adrenaline still rushing I can well imagine them pissing on their spoils of war. The British military are far more profes

Could have been worse i thought one of their saying were ill cut your head off and shit down your neck that would have been a sight to see.TBH who realy gives a feck wat they did to scum who think not

feck me are you seriously comparing the doors to war ??? Do be brief fella I also worked the doors in London soho lester square I even worked the coat and barge in Putney ( not for the faint hearted)

No offence Buch but you've just accused someone of know 'next to nothing' about the situation, and you're now telling me something that simply isn't true.

And if you think times have changed since the Falklands then think again, things like this are a fairly regular occurrence believe me, just because it isn't in the papers doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You may have been roped into the culture of looking at our squaddies through rose - tinted spectacles I don't know, but remember soldiers are subject to the same emotions and moments of stupidity no matter what side of the fence theyre on...

What did I say that wasnt true mate? You cant just say they are a regular occurance without backing it up with some kind of evidence or backup. I agree every one makes mistakes and soldiers arent immune but soldiers are just like the every day lads and lasses who do your plumbing, work on the roads or sit in an office and do your tax return.

What did I say that wasnt true mate? You cant just say they are a regular occurance without backing it up with some kind of evidence or backup. I agree every one makes mistakes and soldiers arent immune but soldiers are just like the every day lads and lasses who do your plumbing, work on the roads or sit in an office and do your tax return.

Well you said the British are totally professional? That can't be true because as you said, no-one is immune to cock ups and of all the ones I've seen, most of them were down to someone not doing their job properly. Luckily, the Brits are that used to getting shafted by their government they improvise and just get on with it.

As this is a public forum I'm not going to post 'evidence', all I'll say is that you're entitled to your opinion but I've seen first hand certain things that go on so take it from me that things do go on, and it's in everyone's (polititians) best interests to keep it quiet.

The American military are very gung - ho and after the heat of battle and with adrenaline still rushing I can well imagine them pissing on their spoils of war. The British military are far more professional and there are a thousand things you need to do after winning a fire fight to ensure you maintain the momentum and keep hold of the ground you have just fought hard to win. However I have no problem with them pissing on the verminouse scum. Any poor f****r captured by the Taliban will endure far far worse than just being pissed on. They have no concept of humanity and see anybody apart from themselves as pieces of sh@t under their shoes. Unfortunately those soldiers will be court martialed for that simple act no matter what they have done in their military careers up until now. I hope Anybody that wants to join this thread on the side of the Taliban has actually been in a conflict and knows what they are talking about. If not then perhaps it's best you keep your thoughts to yourself.

the British military are far more professional(utter Bollocks) you would not believe some of the things we did to the Argies in the Falklands i know i was there 22 bat royal marines D comp under LT Keith Mills treating your enemy like shit goes on in all forms and ranks and civilisations and it always will the problem here is that some one has filmed it and shown it.

paul

Different conflict different times fella the British army has moved on since you were in. There was no spy in the sky when you were in for starters which meant that troops were unchecked apart from their immediate command. And I doubt very much that you would have worked with the yanks. British soldiers find themselves constantly working with the Americans in this day and age so I can easily compare the both sides.

i think they should have the book thrown at them regardless of what the enemy would do - isn't that why we are at war with them ? because we like to think we have better manners? Oh no i forgot its because they have shed loads of oil.

After all the shite that the yanks have put onto the oil producing nations in the middle east - if I was an Afghan i would be proud to fight against america.

Better manners? I reckon shooting em was quite impolite, what what! Just not cricket? ffs!

If they'd tortured them before killing them fair enough - throw the book at them. But lets keep this in context.

not sure why that came out so small sorry

The job out in afghan now is of peace. Britain is pouring millions into the country's economy trying to get the farmers tractors and equipment so they can grow wheat and other things apart from poppies for heroin. The Taliban don't use rules and don't wear uniform, they do what they want and how they want. It's bloody hard getting shot at then seeing the same guy 2 minutes later driving past on a motorbike weapon free. Britain conforms to the geneva convention which means that they can get away with this.

It's not a nice place Afghanistan, the restraint on soldiers is immense and the pressure unbelievable. I agree soldiers choose to do it and not one will disagree but when your fighting an enemy which uses kids and women against your human nature it's hard to swallow.

There's lads losing their lives for a cause, a cause they don't really know if but when a fellow Brit is killed and tortured for all to see on tv and the Internet you have to agree that all this pent up anger is going to spill. The British army is very professional- not without it's flaws but very good at what it does. Americans are brainwashed into their way of thinking and it's not the same as ours.

Young lads are losing their lives and walking down roads shitt!ng themselves therwhile youre sat on here so try and see their perspective a little :thumbs:

• Like 3

Well you said the British are totally professional? That can't be true because as you said, no-one is immune to cock ups and of all the ones I've seen, most of them were down to someone not doing their job properly. Luckily, the Brits are that used to getting shafted by their government they improvise and just get on with it.

As this is a public forum I'm not going to post 'evidence', all I'll say is that you're entitled to your opinion but I've seen first hand certain things that go on so take it from me that things do go on, and it's in everyone's (polititians) best interests to keep it quiet.

Ok extreamly proffesional might have been a better phrase to use but i stand by it. The British Army is a very very proffesional bunch. You hear of lads one min taking casualties, there mates killed, taking the fight to the enemy winning and then putting the same blokes who shot there mucker in the face 5 mins ago on the same helecopter back to the same hospital to get treated by the same (army) nurses. That is happening on a daily basis. Forget physical courage of putting rounds down in a contact, that is mental courage of the highest order. Like it or not that is what the modern British Army is about. You might think different when you go down to Colchester, Sailsbury, Aldershot ect on a Thursday night and theres a load of dickheads scrapping but when the chips are down they will do the right thing.

Ok extreamly proffesional might have been a better phrase to use but i stand by it. The British Army is a very very proffesional bunch. You hear of lads one min taking casualties, there mates killed, taking the fight to the enemy winning and then putting the same blokes who shot there mucker in the face 5 mins ago on the same helecopter back to the same hospital to get treated by the same (army) nurses. That is happening on a daily basis. Forget physical courage of putting rounds down in a contact, that is mental courage of the highest order. Like it or not that is what the modern British Army is about. You might think different when you go down to Colchester, Sailsbury, Aldershot ect on a Thursday night and theres a load of dickheads scrapping but when the chips are down they will do the right thing.

Sorry mate I should clarify - I've been in the army for a good few years now, not blowing smoke up my arse just letting you know that I've seen both sides of it.

Yes obviously I agree with everything you've just said (cheers!), my point was that the media is so biased it's unreal. For example, I could point you to a story in the papers about a patrol I was on that's makes everyone look like fcukin supermen. Although it was fluffed up (as it always is) the point was that we wouldn't have been in that situation were it not for a select few winners who couldn't be arsed doing their jobs.

Not saying that the lads aren't good at what they do, I'm just saying that some people I have met are complete useless cnuts, but for some reason have been put in a position where they can ruin everyone's day and make the whole lot look incompetent.

Hey I am not belittling the troops on either side - I don,t understand why we are there fighting another mans culture because it's different to our own. Since when was the uk and America put in charge of policing every country in some neo-conservative fashion? Weird how we turn a blind eye to Mugabe and the African problems. Because china already owns them and would dick on us from a great height. So we play the Muslim al Qaeda weapons of mass destruction card. The drugs are irrelevant - there is now an actual shortage of opiates needed for world medicine so the yanks are growing it themselves. I find the whole situation very sad. People shouldn't pisss on people but IMO we shouldn't be there to start with. If they are happy to live in the middle ages then let them.

Well im abit suprised that a British soldier would imply that piddling on corpses is a common thing which is what you were doing earlyer on. Now you seem to be saying that some of your bosses are useless and not doing there job which is totaly differant.

I've spent time with American Marines, out of Camp Lajuene, N..C. (where these accused lads are from), and some of them have been to my house, and during both Gulf wars, I spent a bit of time with them, mostly drinking in "The Brass Eagle Bar " of the Americn Consulate in Saudi Arabia !! LOL !!; I found them to be friendly, polite, and above all, very professional !! It's right what Tomo said, if they are found guilty, they will be made an example of ! I hope it's just a case of a "few bad apples", as the ones I know are top men !!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Well im abit suprised that a British soldier would imply that piddling on corpses is a common thing which is what you were doing earlyer on. Now you seem to be saying that some of your bosses are useless and not doing there job which is totaly differant.

I'm not saying or implying that urinating on dead enemy soldiers is common, or acceptable. I'm simply saying that this 'mutual respect' that some think exists doesn't. I'm also saying that in the last year, the Brits have had to deal with at least 2 of these incidents. Proportionately compared to the yanks that's not as good as some would have you believe.

My point about the professionalism of some others, well, tbh what's the point. I'm not slagging individuals off for my own benefit, believe me they know what others think about them and in some cases careers have suffered very badly. Suffice it to say my opinions have been formed from seeing it first hand. And I'm certainly not the only one.