lesson for thoughs who dont use a locator

Another thl classic

Right i come on here for a bit of peace and relax time,now i am assuming you have all had a nice xmas FACT, well i have been up the hospital all xmas because my mum is very ill and thats all i can think about at the mo,so when i come on here i dont wont to see a stupid fecking argument about you should have/should not have locators just get out no matter what and do your ferreting,i wish i could, so my point is STOP ARGUING ABOUT POINTLESS CRAP LIFE IS TO FECKING SHORT :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The start of this thread was about the batterys going in a collar,Yet the guy got his ferret back.To try and say that if you aint got a locator there is no way of getting your ferret is bull,and if yo

Agree with most things you say . . . . . . but not going ferreting because you cannot afford a locator, or suggesting that one does not value ones ferrets if one doesnt use one . . . . . . is bollocks

No offence I'm just saying that your post is aimed at people who don't use locators, 'Im telling you'........ It's upto individuals if they use one or not. I've said it all before on another thread-

Another thl classic

Right i come on here for a bit of peace and relax time,now i am assuming you have all had a nice xmas FACT, well i have been up the hospital all xmas because my mum is very ill and thats all i can think about at the mo,so when i come on here i dont wont to see a stupid fecking argument about you should have/should not have locators just get out no matter what and do your ferreting,i wish i could, so my point is STOP ARGUING ABOUT POINTLESS CRAP LIFE IS TO FECKING SHORT :thumbs:

Fairplay mate, well said!

And i really hope your mum gets through it ok mate :thumbs:

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I use locators and they do make life easier but as a lad none of us had locators and none of us ever lost a ferret. We did spend a lot of time standing around then squeeking, rattling sticks down holes etc and sometimes had to block holes up and come back the next day. We were never on permission and would not work warrens that looked like hard work. We had a great time. I do wonder though if the use of locators has changed the way people ferret?Does the fact that ferrets can be found and dug out quickly and efficiently change our tactics? People seem keener to use more ferrets and long nets seem to be used more? These tactics speed things up but I think they make a dig more likely. A lot of what we read about ferreting is written by professional rabbit catchers who need to take a very different attitude to the job.

Your last statement about pro rabbit catchers is very true and until now I have not disclosed a factor in my replies to this thread and you have hit the nail on the head for 3 months of the year I catch coneys for a living I am blessed with being employed in what I call a hobby that pays the bills for a few months .

But this may as you say change why I think locators are a must I we dont have time to sit and whistle ferts out ETC.

We must crack on having said that I dont think longnet use means more digging as if working a hedge you minmize the crashing around with purse net setting causing the coneys to bolt more freely.

ATB Cookie.

WHO HONESTLY GIVES A FCUK ABOUT SPELLING MISTAKES, HOW MANY COLLARS YOU HAVE, IF YOU WORK OR NOT, IF YOU GOT 30 RABBITS THE OTHER DAY, OR IF YOU

CAN SIT ON A 12 INCH DILDO AND TAKE IT ALL IN.

You do it your way and others will do it theirs. ARSED.

I really don't care how others ferret, what equipment they have, or what they catch. I responded to this thread because I know the lad who started it ,and it appeared he was being slightly bullied.I rarely post here ,[you will be pleased to know.]

I am indifferent to whether a poster is erudite, or illiterate, but if you are lecturing you should perhaps spell the subject correctly?

If we wanted this forum to take note of our days out, and our tallies ,I would put end of day pics up on this forum.

We don't, and I don't.

I am far from an expert on ferreting ,or any other form of fieldsports, on the subject of 12" dildoes however, I am universally acknowledged to be an expert.

PM me for a treatise on the subject, and for my name brand recommendations

I for one will be the first to say that i miss yours and magwitchs posts and especially the photos :thumbs:

I wasn'y bullying anyone - a locator is a very good piece of kit and i never ferret without one these days, but i dont think the lack of one should stop a young lad going to with his ferrets. Or anyone else for that matter. :thumbs:

Happy Hunting for 2012 :thumbs:

Edited by inan

No offence :laugh: I'm just saying that your post is aimed at people who don't use locators, 'Im telling you'........ It's upto individuals if they use one or not. I've said it all before on another thread- I couldn't give a monkeys about if I

Come away with 1 rabbit or 100. People ferret for different reasons and you 'telling them' that they will come unstuck doesn't go down well.

remember to Put the batteries in your collar before you tell us

We wish we had a locator because a locator with no batteries is like having no locator at all.

Could you "give a monkeys" whether you come back with the ferret or not?

Ferrets are a fiver. If one doesn't come out I'll just leave it and get onother one

serious? i wouldnt, my hobs a brill worker, only comes out when the warrens empty, i wouldnt leave him, i use collars and wouldnt ferret with out them, i like a dig too so i tend to net and enter the ferrets :) not how most of you do it but its my way

No offence :laugh: I'm just saying that your post is aimed at people who don't use locators, 'Im telling you'........ It's upto individuals if they use one or not. I've said it all before on another thread- I couldn't give a monkeys about if I

Come away with 1 rabbit or 100. People ferret for different reasons and you 'telling them' that they will come unstuck doesn't go down well.

We wish we had a locator because a locator with no batteries is like having no locator at all.

Ferrets are a fiver. If one doesn't come out I'll just leave it and get onother one

Why not just say that then? Bleating one about the expense etc when really you just dont give a f**k? Personally i think that comment makes you a bit of a dick.

I never had one when i was young and spent hours, days probably when you add it up, waiting for my ferrets. As soon as i could i got one and wont enter a ferret without simply because I wont leave a ferret behind and i simply dont always have the option of waiting or coming back the next day anymore.

Another thl classic

Fairplay mate, well said!

And i really hope your mum gets through it ok mate :thumbs:

Cheers mate :thumbs: i like your ferreting post good write up and pics :thumbs:

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Why not just say that then? Bleating one about the expense etc when really you just dont give a f**k? Personally i think that comment makes you a bit of a dick.

I never had one when i was young and spent hours, days probably when you add it up, waiting for my ferrets. As soon as i could i got one and wont enter a ferret without simply because I wont leave a ferret behind and i simply dont always have the option of waiting or coming back the next day anymore.

Glad I am not the only who thinks that the complete hypocrisy of his a fert a fiver I will buy another but then earlier in the thread he spends hundreds on his ferts, just shows what we as countrymen are up against its not the ANTIs its the danger within our ranks from owners who in there own quote are willing to lose there animals because of lack of respect for them and there quality of life and because they can buy another for a fiver.

Cookie

I use locators and they do make life easier but as a lad none of us had locators and none of us ever lost a ferret. We did spend a lot of time standing around then squeeking, rattling sticks down holes etc and sometimes had to block holes up and come back the next day. We were never on permission and would not work warrens that looked like hard work. We had a great time. I do wonder though if the use of locators has changed the way people ferret?Does the fact that ferrets can be found and dug out quickly and efficiently change our tactics? People seem keener to use more ferrets and long nets seem to be used more? These tactics speed things up but I think they make a dig more likely. A lot of what we read about ferreting is written by professional rabbit catchers who need to take a very different attitude to the job.

Your last statement about pro rabbit catchers is very true and until now I have not disclosed a factor in my replies to this thread and you have hit the nail on the head for 3 months of the year I catch coneys for a living I am blessed with being employed in what I call a hobby that pays the bills for a few months .

But this may as you say change why I think locators are a must I we dont have time to sit and whistle ferts out ETC.

We must crack on having said that I dont think longnet use means more digging as if working a hedge you minmize the crashing around with purse net setting causing the coneys to bolt more freely.

ATB Cookie.

I get the long nets out for hedgerows and to surround buries in bramble patches etc but I dont use them around open buries cos I think that hole hoppers are less likely to bolt once theyve gone back to ground. I still use locators but I'm not relying on rabbiting for a living so I can afford to take a more laid back approach. Also if I went at my permissions like a professional I'd soon need to find more ground as the rabbits arent that thick on the ground. ATB Chewton

Haven't seen this old chestnut on here for a while! :laugh:

Nobody's right or wrong, we all have our preferred methods and they suit us well. Lets not get back to the days of looking down on fellow ferreters because they do things differently in here eh?

I personally haven't got much time for locators because most of the ferreting I've done has been in small sized buries in thick, ancient hedgerows or stony banks in the national park where I live. Locators are next to useless with the type of ferreting I do because you can rarely dig to them anyway. As long as the ferret has had a good feed the day before, I find it wont lay up with a kill.

My personal view is that they can be a good aid to the ferreter, but it's stupid to say you shouldn't go ferreting without one...

'Veedublee' timestamp='1325279213' post='2410810']

WHO HONESTLY GIVES A FCUK ABOUT SPELLING MISTAKES, HOW MANY COLLARS YOU HAVE, IF YOU WORK OR NOT, IF YOU GOT 30 RABBITS THE OTHER DAY, OR IF YOU

CAN SIT ON A 12 INCH DILDO AND TAKE IT ALL IN.

You do it your way and others will do it theirs. ARSED.

Any more from you GRUMPTY and the window lickers get your address :boogy::laugh::whistling:

• Like 1

'chewton' timestamp='1325279708' post='2410833']

Aye ive had a guy out who after five minutes and nothing happening out came the box then the spade , Christ that was some day he needed a chill pill :yes:

Glad I am not the only who thinks that the complete hypocrisy of his a fert a fiver I will buy another but then earlier in the thread he spends hundreds on his ferts, just shows what we as countrymen are up against its not the ANTIs its the danger within our ranks from owners who in there own quote are willing to lose there animals because of lack of respect for them and there quality of life and because they can buy another for a fiver.

Cookie

I knew yous would bite :laugh: incase you didn't get that...... It was a joke.

Like you have mentioned, as it stands now my 4 ferrets are worth over £220 plus what I paid for them...... They are well looked after, in perfect health and well handled.....

There is a mindset amongst some about the worth of a ferret being only what they paid for them but that's not on my part. There's not many people who would fork out that amount of money just to 'stick by what they have'. I could have easily got rid of the hobs, left one to be vasectomised......... But I didn't. My decision to get hobs, I'd worked hard with them, bonded so I wanted to keep them together..... That shows how much I value my ferrets :thumbs:

I'm not a dick, far from it, a few can vouch for that and my

Ferrets and dogs are in perfect nick.