June meet 2012 in Nottingham (who is interested?)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add my humble and sincerest thanks to Davy, Si and Chas, and to everyone else involved for putting together such a memorable and wonderfully enjoyable weekend of shooting. Absolutely fantastic

Roger, you have nothing to be hung up about your shooting ability mate, no one is gonna laugh or take the pi**, we're more likely to pitch in and help you improve mate!!   Can I also just say of the

What a brilliant weekend,to Si,Davy,Chaz and all who helped organize this years T.H.L meet very well done .Was good to put a face to a name,all top lads/lassies.Defo be going to next years ,will bring

Posted Images

Hi guys,

Well that's another Hunting Life meet over and Ive got to say it was another brilliant weekend which both me and Laura really enjoyed.

On behalf of myself, Davy and Chaz I would like to thank all that attended as without you giving up your weekend and turning up to Nottingham it wouldn't of been the event it was, so for us it was you guys who really made it so good (thanks).

Also it was great to meet so many new faces from the section and watch so many top class marksmen and women shooting to such a high degree consistently throughout the whole weekend.

A massive well done to Anne who went from a lady who was sceptical about her own shooting abilities at the start of the weekend to a lady who was hitting bottle tops at 27 yards with ease.

On a personal note I would like to thank my channel partner Davy for borrowing me his HW97KT springer to shoot the HFT comp with and Ste (Wedge) for being my shooting partner and buddy for the weekend.

Thanks to Roger for all he did behind the scenes producing great prizes and for the work he did in the kitchen ensuring that the venue stayed very clean and tidy at all times.

Thanks to A & M Custom Gunsmiths for donating some fantastic prizes and to everyone else that donated prizes for the raffle.

Finally well done to all the competition winners and runners up from each shooting class:

Open class - any pcp

Recoiling class - any calibre recoiling rifle

.22 class - any .22 calibre rifle be it a pcp or recoiling rifle.

Best female shot.

I hope that the next meet comes around fast and even more people attend.

ATVB

Si.

• Like 3

Gutted me and the mrs could not come mate would have been great to meet everyone....like she said last night to me we will be comming on the next one...once the baby is older so my mum does not have as much to do with him

• Like 1

That's totally understood Stevo buddy.

It will be good to meet you and your lass then at the next meet pal.

More and more girls are now attending these meets and enjoying their weekend.

This one my LJ, Anne (Neil's partner) and Emma (Snypercat) all attended, and if on the next one they turn up again with Nicki (Andys wife) and Jacki (Johns partner) it will be a cracking female comp.

Si.

Edited by zini

As all the Lads and Lasses who attended the Meet have said, Superb Fun and great Set of Shooters.

Good to Meet My Old mates and make new ones as well, Superb Challenges set out for Us even though i still don't know how

the points total were added as i thought that each challenge the points that you accumulated went to your overall score :whistling::icon_redface:

But can't complain as i Won the Open Class HFT and came 2ND in the Airgun Darts and 2ND in the Matchstick comp.

Below are the Fabulous Prizes and Certificates i Won, But Overall ALL WHO CAME WERE THE REAL WINNERS :yes:

Highly Recommend these Meets as their are Top people at them.

Finally Would like to Thank Si, Davy, Chaz for all their Hard work in planning these events for Us.

Prize.jpg

atvb Daz 7.

• Like 3

Yeah due to the fact that the match stitch challenge turned into a speed shoot and not a steady shooting comp we scored that on shots fired at speed throughout for the ones that we could count to number of hits as in a real ratting scenario.

All did very well with Pipa completing it in the least number of shots followed by me then Chaz then you buddy.

We also knew that you wouldn't mind that we did it that way as you had done so well in other events and we wanted to share the prizes as much as possible.

Si.

Yeah due to the fact that the match stitch challenge turned into a speed shoot and not a steady shooting comp we scored that on shots fired at speed throughout for the ones that we could count to number of hits as in a real ratting scenario.

All did very well with Pipa completing it in the least number of shots followed by me then Chaz then you buddy.

We also knew that you wouldn't mind that we did it that way as you had done so well in other events and we wanted to share the prizes as much as possible.

Si.

No complaints from Me Si,

absolutely loved it Bud and thanks for clearing how the scoring was done and can't wait for the next one.

Beware of the "YODA GUN" :laugh::tongue2:

atvb Daz 7.

After clearing my round with wor kids AA EV2 then getting knocked out I managed it in 17 on the 3rd attempt with the R10 but that didn't count :)

Here's one for the record though....

Si & I had a mini comp between ourselves, witnessed by 1/2 dozen others

he was using Laura's £300 Ultra against me with the £1200 EV2....

Clean card @ 27yds(25m)

First pellet as a marker then 5 shot smallest group....

The Photos below speak for themselves....

My group using H&N FTT 8.6gr

8b0dc82c.jpg

Si's group using JSB Exactsfa457dc1.jpg

A pellet for pellet match, all through the same hole.... So if anyone had their doubts about the BSA Ultra I think this just proves it....

Darryl

For me personally, the experience i got from coming, listening to people, giving it a go and seeing how to shoot properly has boosted my personal shooting confidence massively.

I will not be scared of taking on longer or more challenging shots.

This was my first ever go at HFT and i thought it was brilliant! I had a fantastic time and will definitely be attending again - ill let you shoot first next time Si :thumbs::laugh:

Real top class shooters & people there at the weekend, having a great time for a good charity - Cant beat that!

ATB

Adam

• Like 1