First pics of new pup ( Deerhound / Greyhound x Picardy / Greyhound )

Just collected him yesturday, 10 weeks old. Settled in fine, seems very alert and also is steady on his feet.

Only thing is still not got a name for the little fella :hmm: i was originally going to call him Strike or Colonel but not sure now . Maybe you can help me chose one. What do you think he suits?????

SDC12304.jpg

SDC12303.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

SDC12298.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

SDC12300.jpg

what about PEO sure you have the reg to match class looking pup good luck

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just collected him yesturday, 10 weeks old. Settled in fine, seems very alert and also is steady on his feet.   Only thing is still not got a name for the little fella i was originally going to c

nice looking little pup you got there ATB with him

sounds an interesting cross good luck with your pup

Posted Images

where did you get him from mate?

Near keighley :D

Got my bitch from silsden near keighley on saturday... the 1st pic i saw of yours was the last one. looked spitting image of the brother to mine at 1st glance but he was smooth coated.

crackin lookin pup though mate atb

Dan

As far as names go... thats not my area of expertise but a few i like or have used in the past.

Rogue ( Name of my bitch not a bad name for both )

Snyper

Duke

Goss

Deisel

Thanks for the help!

My dad had a dog called duke when i was young he kept him back from a litter off his sire Prince.

Prince was an excellent dog well known round my area in his day a first cross beddy / grey. :thumbs:

where did you get him from mate?

Near keighley :D

Got my bitch from silsden near keighley on saturday... the 1st pic i saw of yours was the last one. looked spitting image of the brother to mine at 1st glance but he was smooth coated.

crackin lookin pup though mate atb

Dan

Was the lad called Adam?? There were 3 pups when i went.....

The sire was bread from mark treadwell's line....... does anybody know him or know someone that has owned a dog from him??

I know Mark . . . Used to just like his Beardie crosses untill a few year's ago when he bought in a pure Picardy and crossed it with a Greyhound and breed's with the mixture of Beardie Picardy and Greyhound know

Lovely looking pup tho mate . . Have you got any pic's of the parent's ? ?

The sire was bread from mark treadwell's line....... does anybody know him or know someone that has owned a dog from him??

I know Mark . . . Used to just like his Beardie crosses untill a few year's ago when he bought in a pure Picardy and crossed it with a Greyhound and breed's with the mixture of Beardie Picardy and Greyhound know

Lovely looking pup tho mate . . Have you got any pic's of the parent's ? ?

AdamwithDamandSiretopup-1.jpg

These are the parents!!! it was my pups mother ( deerhound / greyhound ) that first caught my eye when we were out..... both parents are working and take all quarry :whistling:

If the sire is from Mark's line then he'll have Beardie in as well: Mark started off with Beardie Greyhounds, then crossed Picardy/Grey first cross into that line after he got hooked on the Picardy's abilities. The dog in the photo looks very similar to my other half's bitch Roo:

post-5156-0-26318500-1320415060_thumb.jpg

If the sire is from Mark's line then he'll have Beardie in as well: Mark started off with Beardie Greyhounds, then crossed Picardy/Grey first cross into that line after he got hooked on the Picardy's abilities. The dog in the photo looks very similar to my other half's bitch Roo:

post-5156-0-26318500-1320415060_thumb.jpg

Thanks alot for that bit of info :thumbs: , yes i agree them dogs look the spit of each other, how old is Roo and what do you work her to??