Tod out for a month.!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he is like other bullies he will be a nightmare to keep in for a month Bird   If he were mine i wouldn't give him anymore painkillers, if he knows he is sore he is less likely to want to use the

If he is like other bullies he will be a nightmare to keep in for a month Bird :yes:

If he were mine i wouldn't give him anymore painkillers, if he knows he is sore he is less likely to want to use the leg, which will help with the healing and keeping him calm ;)

• Like 1

glad the dogs ok-ish nowt better than thinking the worse and learning its not as bad as it first seemed, reminds me of when my bitch run a rabbit and it went towards a wire fence i flicked the lamp off to try and discourage her but she run it all the way when i heard thwack!! turned lamp on and she was holding her leg up next to the 4x4 post snapped in the middle thought leg was broken but on closer inspection she had a cut above her eye and the eye was blood shot and she was a bit sore at the front, could have beeen either a broken neck or a broken leg but ended up being a little cut a little bruised and a little sheepish,

glad the big dogs ok! :thumbs:

sorry to hear about tod birdy, hope he gets better so you can work him again soon, i have a whippet x italian greyhound and he has got no breaks atoll, just the other day he went after a group of fallow deer one of which was a massive stag i thought he was a gonner but luckily i got him back unharmed.

jimmy.

The joys of running dogs lol glad he gonna be ok Iv had a nightmare with them past 15 mnth with one dead one broken leg and my young bullx well huge hole in her side big cut right down her chest and now got a big hole in her leg luckily this ain't too deep that I just gonna keep an eye on it n hopefully not need a vet all that at 13 month old

At least you are only loosing the time while he is young and its early season matey :yes: ........imho, it can have a benefit of keeping a young dog hungry......I bet he will be busting for work after a month.

One of the sisters to my young dog was killed the other night, bad shit happens and I am gutted for the bitches owner as she seemed like she may have been a bit special.

atb

At least you are only loosing the time while he is young and its early season matey :yes: ........imho, it can have a benefit of keeping a young dog hungry......I bet he will be busting for work after a month.

One of the sisters to my young dog was killed the other night, bad shit happens and I am gutted for the bitches owner as she seemed like she may have been a bit special.

atb

thanks Wilf, yes he should be ok in a month, and then take me time with him getting back for the season. Lets hope he is a bit calmer ;) the next time, bad new with the bitch, these bullxs can be to full on for there own good, i like them to give 100%, but somtimes i think its a Big price to pay :yes:

unlucky ray i hope he gets back to full fitness soon my bitch hit a barb wire fence full on yesterday flat out chasing sumthin :whistling: shes usaually light on her toes i didnt see the bang but my pull was in view and he said it knocked the wind out of her the mad thing was she went on to get a catch on her next run and full extent of the damage didnt show til i checked her this morning bit bruised up and a bit of a gash shes had a good couple of weeks on it so she can rest up for abit now learn by her mistakes il pop down and see yah mate :thumbs:

i got a wheaton/gray x beddy/gray mate and he just the same, dont look were he going! lol. flat out after anything he see`s.

glad he is ok mate, mine has been off for months and ive retired him from hard work as he has injured himself 3 times out on the trott. but he is looking alot better now and is holding some decent weight, so i might just give him a few runs in the coming weeks.