• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kids of today eh!   I always make sure that they read to me at least 2 chapters a day when they are with me, and I make all their home work fun so they do actually do it.   No tv in their rooms, a

I think its a lot of kids these days..........they've got this "throw it away" attitude.   Its all to do with this never ending culture of companies like nokia,sony ericcson,playstation,x-box etc br

My three are 7 and 6 now. They'd sit on the pc/DS or in front of the tv for hours. If I let them. Which I don't. Homework when we get in, then either play out or read or whatever. Some days they can h

If you ask me one of the biggest mistakes you can make with young children is to give them too many choices. Would you like this or that? Should we go here, or there? ... they get to many choices, they start making demands. And there is enough time for that when they hit 12 and above and the hormones go all wack.

My son asked me for a mobile and I laughed till I cried ... a mobile at 7 years old. Who the hell is he going to call? :laugh:

:laugh:

My 9 year old daughter keeps pestering us for a mobile even though 1) We reckon she's too young & 2) We live in one of the few places in the UK without mobile phone coverage. She knows both facts but still carries on.. :doh::laugh:

my think f#*k of an ex bought my daughter a mobile phone for her birthday, i wouldn't have minded if she was 13 / 14 + but she was 5 ffs how stupid can you get ??? but you cant tell her anything :wallbash:

am i right in thinking you cant hit your kids anymore?

no your wrong, you are aloud to hit them as long as you dont leave a permanint mark

lol

wasnt the case with my dad.i had to be kept of school one time cause he whacked me over the face with a belt.granted he was aiming for my face,i just hapened to turn round at the wrong moment.my mum was gonna leave him over that,he was a good dad but f**k he was strict.although it didnt make a blind bit of difrence to my behaviour.so violece does not work.

i meant as in smacking them.

Got one that you just have to Raise your voice to ,jumps into line,one that says' "You think that hurts" makes you want to Blush !for lifting your hand :icon_redface: and the baby off them just screams For MUM ,Daddy Annoying !! if you give her into trouble,Not one the same an all brought up the same !Kids take some Figuring Out :blink: They end up making You feel like crap! for giving them into Trouble. :yes:

If you ask me one of the biggest mistakes you can make with young children is to give them too many choices. Would you like this or that? Should we go here, or there? ... they get to many choices, they start making demands. And there is enough time for that when they hit 12 and above and the hormones go all wack.

Makes a whole lot of sense LG :thumbs:. My daughter is 12 going on 18 in the way she acts :laugh: .

think I also made the mistake of spoiling them, I get the impresion with mine they don't apreciate anything anymore. I'm sure they think money grows on trees and we have nothing else to spend money on.

Putting that aside the one thing that annoys me is the total lack of comunication, I get a better conversation from the pet Canary :D

Makes a whole lot of sense LG :thumbs:. My daughter is 12 going on 18 in the way she acts :laugh: .

think I also made the mistake of spoiling them, I get the impresion with mine they don't apreciate anything anymore. I'm sure they think money grows on trees and we have nothing else to spend money on.

Putting that aside the one thing that annoys me is the total lack of comunication, I get a better conversation from the pet Canary :D

That's one thing I haven't been able to do is spoil them. Many a times I wish I could to be honest: they're great kids. I treat them when I can but they know that Mummy doesn't have a money tree in the garden - 'cause I keep telling them that :laugh: I get a constant stream of 'can I have' 'can we go' 'will you buy me' etc etc. I explain, and I know they get it, but I do wish that from time to time I could splash out. The day will come when I can, hopefully.

Don't worry Jas, they'll grow up and past all their sullen silence. Then you'll probably wish they'd shut up again and leave you alone :laugh:

I've got a 14 year old disguised as a 4 year old, she's hard work the stroppy little bugger. She knows most tricks in the book to try and get her own way, they don't work but she tries. If you tell her she's gonna get a smacked bum for being naughty she comes and smacks mine :icon_redface: . She loves most things like the DS and telly and stuff but she can't wait to be a bit bigger so she come out catching her tea and i'm gonna make sure she enjoys herself and hopefully stays interested. She knows she isn't allowed a boyfriend for about another 26 years so she'll have to get a healthy hobby to pass the time ;)

mine are 10 and 13. the daughter who is 13 spends her time with her horses and the polo team through the summer and she works where i do at weekends in the winter.little fella spends all his time playing football .living where we do means theres no kids to play with up the road so they amuse there selves.all got season tickets for the rugby so we go out and have a good shout most weekends as a family.

I think its a lot of kids these days..........they've got this "throw it away" attitude.

Its all to do with this never ending culture of companies like nokia,sony ericcson,playstation,x-box etc bringing out new models of stuff,so they automatically want it because their friends have.Kids don't have stuff long enough these days to actually respect it.

PARENTS............whatever happened to just saying...............NO!!!!!

My old woman bought the kids one of these game console things 18 months ago (much to my annoyance I may add)..........happy to say they have used it about 4 times and its going on ebay :laugh:

Mine are swimming/dance/netball/football 4 nights a week and on a sunday along with alter service, plus homework (except for the wee man who just wants to leather stuff!! :laugh: :laugh: )

I just keep droning on at them that its better to "do" than to "have"................boring dad :laugh:

Edited by WILF

is it just my kids or are they all like this these days. my kids come in from school walk straight into the room and either start texting on their mobile's, or go upstairs and straight on the computers on facebook or whatever. my lad will also sit on his XBOX 24/7 if I let him.

today was unbelevable. My daughter has had a pet hamster for a good 3 years which finally today popped its clogs, when I looked at it this morning it looked pretty ill so I spent hours warming it through and doing everything to save it thinking how much it would upset her. she finally came in from school so I sat her down to tell her, she came out with "Mums already told me" and sat on her phone texting again without the slightest bit of interest, needless to say I'm pretty annoyed by her reaction.

Is it just my kids or is this the way they are these days?

i have two exactly the same. dont see them from one end of the week till the other.

thats until they want cash to go out

atb,bib.