A NIGHT UP THE DALES, half bro and sister

had another run up the dales, with pocherspocket22, and his son, they had Don, i had Venus,, i arrived half an hour early at 10pm,, so had a quik look on some land ive had my eye on,, just recon realy, but you know how it is, so 30 mins later i meat up with the boys with 7 rabbits, a good start, and some cracking new land found.

we headed off in the same direction but a field apart, evry so ofton i would hear the tel tale scream of a bunny cought, whilst i was adding to my score as well. we eventualy met up , and made our way along the bottom fields to the car, that Don is one of the most comited dogs i have seen ,, in fact andy belives he wont make old bones, real doo or die merchant.

back at the motor we had a count up we had 29 i think, so after a brew we moved off, over telly tuby land and on to bandit country, we steadily added rabbits, but being right in the vally bottom was doing us no favours, just no wind, unlike the fell top where it was blowing a gale. but we persaveared and marched on,, and what a march it was,, f**k im too old for this, 4am and we were finished, 62 rabbits graced the gate, 31 each for the 2 dogs, a good night in great company, what more could you want

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You made it home then Tomo without a stop i take it lol..your not wrong mate on the march we endured,i am F***ED..45 years old i am with a knackered back,bad eyesight and arthiritis setting in..basica

Cheers Andy...........will be following Don's progress with interest.Goes to show though he's not the typical looking lurcher what drive,desire and putting hard work in can achieve.

had another run up the dales, with pocherspocket22, and his son, they had Don, i had Venus,, i arrived half an hour early at 10pm,, so had a quik look on some land ive had my eye on,, just recon realy

You made it home then Tomo without a stop i take it lol..your not wrong mate on the march we endured,i am F***ED..45 years old i am with a knackered back,bad eyesight and arthiritis setting in..basically ready for the knackers yard lol...even so i still absolutely love the game and enjoy a night out with the dazzler as much as i did over 30 years ago!!,heres' a few pics from last nights "trilogy" haha

A few to start off with

donvenus001-1.jpg

Don

donvenus002.jpg

Tomo hiding a rabbit lol & Venus

donvenus003.jpg

Don

donvenus004.jpg

And again..

donvenus005.jpg

This bloody way dog..

donvenus006.jpg

Wheres the dog?..

donvenus007.jpg

Venus on the retrieve

donvenus008.jpg

Don..i'm knackered!!

donvenus009.jpg

Venus

donvenus011.jpg

End of Night..

donvenus019.jpg

and again

donvenus017.jpg

You wouldn't believe that those dogs were 1/2 bro & sis lol..talk about beauty and the beast lol and i'd just like to say a big thanks to Tomo for the invite as always..he's an absolute gent.Top man and a proper dog man who does more than just talk a good dog..he can walk the walk unlike many? Cheers mate.ATB Andy.

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 3

no andy i had to stop,, had an hour in the sevices, to be honest i thought i was going to have to stop 10 mins after leaving you,, was going to fight the dog for the duvet in the back of the van, im absoutly fecking knackered

Jesus don't say that Wilf!!! I hung the majority of them up,he'll sack me haha :laugh: ..i'm bolloxed myself Tomo,our Jamie is already in bed,i ain't had a seconds kip since i got up at 5.45am yesterday,250 mile drive,5 hour "yomp" last night,carrying bunnies and what not...absolutely FIT.....to drop haha :icon_redface:

Edited by poacherspocket22

Really like the Don dog(no offence TOMO :D ) would the lurcher used in his breeding be from Cora/Bulpa lineage?

Yes mate they are both in the Don dog but alas they are both in Venus too lol..he's one ugly mother mate but the b***ard is mad keen,last night alone he ran full pelt into a Stile,a fallen down tree,into a ditch,over a river bank and into the stones/rocks and even his last kill we thought he had impaled himself in some kind of "wire/metal" laying in a hedge bottom but after 10 seconds or so he freed himself from whatever he was stuck amongst and just come back with rabbit in mouth although with a limp,30 seconds later and he's right as rain lol..tough as nails,never even makes a murmur..just ready to roll again..he'll never see old age imo but i'll not wrap him up,he'll get the gear put infront of him and what will be will be i'm afraid? ATB Andy.