scottish champion of champions@ selkirk

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The deerhound gets worked 3 nites a week as a fire guard and the whippets a bricky mate.

No one is moaning or desputing some lookers are grafters but for denned to say this .....no be as many dogs in scotland worked as hard as that one ...Scotland is just not south of Perth

al have a crack at enaything u want mabe not [bANNED TEXT] kind a dog been in the game way ma dad fae a child theres plenty will votch for that dont keep bad ones so balls in [bANNED TEXT] court na sk

Posted Images

the rouges, the only people who did'nt have to pay to get in were the judges and club members, so anyone getting in for free you owe me £2/head i'm coming to collect it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , points of veiw taken on board about time , next year championship will start at 12.00 :thumbs: :thumbs: , dog and bitches in the same class, not meant to happen , but it stated on program if insufficient entries classes WILL be amalgamated, were always willing to listen to points of veiw to improve the shows, -----den

I didn't realise it was ANY working Dog; did that include Labs, Spaniels, etc ? I thought it was only sighthound types. But well done to the owners and the judge... I've always had a soft spot for Whippets; and Deerhounds are fine looking dogs, especialy the working ones !

Cheers.

we've had the gundog classes for a few years now but were still not getting the numbers, even considering were on prime areas of shooting eastates in surrounding areas, however we'll continue to have them

I think when a show is advertised as a "Lurcher & Terrier" show, the gundog types seem to stay away. They all go to "Game Fairs", though! It's a shame, 'cause it would be great to see the best working Pointers, Setters, Retreivers, etc in the ring with the best working Lurchers and terriers, though it would have to be some judge to be unbaised and pick a worthy winner !! LOL !!

Cheers.

Denned can you clear this up for

Me about my lab x collie. I didn't enter her for the lab class as she's a cross and entered her for the other breeds working class. That woman with the deerhounds spectating was saying i shouldn't of been there. Would she qualify for the lab class or the one she was in?

Brilliant show, brilliant prizes and like the way the kids got some sweets etc. I'd like to thank the judge of the children's class, my 19month old was walking around with a friends dog and he stopped and spoke to my son. He was really sound to him and was having a joke. Thanks to the judge, thought that was a nice touch. Very good show!

Me about my lab x collie. I didn't enter her for the lab class as she's a cross and entered her for the other breeds working class. That woman with the deerhounds spectating was saying i shouldn't of been there. Would she qualify for the lab class or the one she was in?

Brilliant show, brilliant prizes and like the way the kids got some sweets etc. I'd like to thank the judge of the children's class, my 19month old was walking around with a friends dog and he stopped and spoke to my son. He was really sound to him and was having a joke. Thanks to the judge, thought that was a nice touch. Very good show!

gee thanks, its 1 comment like this that makes judging worthwhile when all others seem to be about moaning, non workers, nepitism etc, your lad and mine are hopefully the decent dugmen of tomorrow and we all should encourage them as much as we can, thanks again but really the pleasure is mine

well on reflection , i think i made a mistake , cos i never had a cross breed in the working dog section , not thinking about it , but to be honest , she was probably scared you beat her , but next year for def i'll make sure theres a x breed in the working dog show , as i said were always open for improvement

well on reflection , i think i made a mistake , cos i never had a cross breed in the working dog section , not thinking about it , but to be honest , she was probably scared you beat her , but next year for def i'll make sure theres a x breed in the working dog show , as i said were always open for improvement

x breeds in the working dog section, that,l be full of lurchers then lol

I take it you was the judge then birddog?

It was really good to see the kids getting involved. There's always gona be moaning when competing is involved, just one of those things. Thought the day was worth the drive and the prizes seemed really good. Expensive I guess. I'll be there next year with my whippet hunting a rosette! Haha

Ive got a picture here of my son, rakes nephew and his dog in the ring talking to the judge. I must of caught birddog as he was turning round and looks like he's constipated! Haha will get it up soon, I'm working away ATM.

It would be good to get a crossbreed class into the Working dogs. Just need more to turn up. Maybe if the show title

Was changed to include 'gundogs' then more would come. I didn't think there was a class for her and wasn't going to bring her. Could also have a gundog scurry, just a wee one and they can all prove their dogs work ;) or atleast retrieve. Would be an idea.

I take it you was the judge then birddog?

It was really good to see the kids getting involved. There's always gona be moaning when competing is involved, just one of those things. Thought the day was worth the drive and the prizes seemed really good. Expensive I guess. I'll be there next year with my whippet hunting a rosette! Haha

Ive got a picture here of my son, rakes nephew and his dog in the ring talking to the judge. I must of caught birddog as he was turning round and looks like he's constipated! Haha will get it up soon, I'm working away ATM.

It would be good to get a crossbreed class into the Working dogs. Just need more to turn up. Maybe if the show title

Was changed to include 'gundogs' then more would come. I didn't think there was a class for her and wasn't going to bring her. Could also have a gundog scurry, just a wee one and they can all prove their dogs work ;) or atleast retrieve. Would be an idea.

yes thats a fair point , gundog scurry , theyd not let us on the pitch i'm afraid

i think it would be great if some sort of scurry / test could be arranged, wouldn't need a lot of ground, maybe a sit, a 5 second stay and a retrieve over a hurdle against the clock, or whatever, if it could be sussed i'd help run it for sure maybe even get a trophy or a sponsor